Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

With our current injury crock situation at the back i honestly can't see anything other than a draw at best for us but who knows... i'm under the impression none of our injured players will be back for Monday nor any new signings that early in the window so looks like it'll be the same team that played against Dundee bar Bangala who's suspended.

Also i see we're in the corner of the main stand again so let the moaning commence about that lol

Prediction: 1-1

Fingers crossed Mullin is back for this one, believe he was the lastest struck down with illness.  Would imagine Ecrepont will probably slot back in for Bangala.  Would rather see him at left back and put Reading at right back.  Ashford had played right wing back before down south, wonder if he could pop in as a makeshift right back, does the defensive work well enough when out wide, so might be an option Bullen is looking at.

Albinson

Reading McAllister McGinty Ecrepont

Mullin Murdoch Dempsey Chalmers

Akinyemi McKenzie

Subs: McAdams, Watret, Bilham, Smith, JML, Ashford, Moffat, Bryden, Young

Looking forward to this. Feels like I've not watched morton at Cappielow for a while.

Games between ourselves and Ayr have been very tight this season. I know they have a couple of injuries at the back but they have a strong central midfield and Akinyemi will always pose a threat.

Aside from Calvin Miller training with us we have heard no news at all on the transfer front.  Grimshaw's contract is up in January and it would be a sore one to lose him. A few ton fans would like to see kabia sent back to livingstone as he just hasn't kicked on but we'd need reinforcements and a replacement lined up before he goes anywhere. Strapp has also been linked with a move abroad.

Schwake

Grimshaw  Baird  Ambrose Strapp

Crawford    Gillespie  Blues

Quitongo   Muirhead  McGrattan 

Subs- Green, Pignatiello, Haynes, Lithgow, O'connor, King, Kabia, McGregor.

If we want to push on then we need to win our home games. 2-1 Ton.

I imagine we will have the same defence as the Raith game, Ecripont in for Bangala. 

Hopefully Mullin is back to play in front of Ecripont and we can at least play to get something out the game. Two bad results in a row and having played a game extra has been a shitty end to the year. 

1-1 McGinty with both. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Looking forward to this. Feels like I've not watched morton at Cappielow for a while.

Games between ourselves and Ayr have been very tight this season. I know they have a couple of injuries at the back but they have a strong central midfield and Akinyemi will always pose a threat.

Aside from Calvin Miller training with us we have heard no news at all on the transfer front.  Grimshaw's contract is up in January and it would be a sore one to lose him. A few ton fans would like to see kabia sent back to livingstone as he just hasn't kicked on but we'd need reinforcements and a replacement lined up before he goes anywhere. Strapp has also been linked with a move abroad.

Schwake

Grimshaw  Baird  Ambrose Strapp

Crawford    Gillespie  Blues

Quitongo   Muirhead  McGrattan 

Subs- Green, Pignatiello, Haynes, Lithgow, O'connor, King, Kabia, McGregor.

If we want to push on then we need to win our home games. 2-1 Ton.

Will Grimshaw be available?  Wasn't sure if his contract was until 31st December then he is free to sign elsewhere for the start of January or what.  For all is well in the forward areas, we desperately miss Musonda and Kirk who actually play out from the back and start our attacks.  Seen someone say Kirk was about Somerset today, so if that is true and is available it would be a huge boost.

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Will Grimshaw be available?  Wasn't sure if his contract was until 31st December then he is free to sign elsewhere for the start of January or what.  

All that was said at the time was 'short term deal until January'. So nobody knows.

Match preview interview might shed some light when it comes out.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

All that was said at the time was 'short term deal until January'. So nobody knows.

Match preview interview might shed some light when it comes out.

Players who are out of contract can be retained on a Rolling Contract.

This basically means they can move in and move out.

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Will Grimshaw be available?  Wasn't sure if his contract was until 31st December then he is free to sign elsewhere for the start of January or what.  For all is well in the forward areas, we desperately miss Musonda and Kirk who actually play out from the back and start our attacks.  Seen someone say Kirk was about Somerset today, so if that is true and is available it would be a huge 

Really hope so but the club have been very quiet on transfers in and out. 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Really hope so but the club have been very quiet on transfers in and out. 

We're exactly the same, not one word or even a rumour of either anyone leaving or anyone joining.

I'm not generally critical of the club (unless it's really deserving) but the lack of information on our injured players is really annoying and again anything we get is either kidology or 2nd hand gossip.

Oh how I long for the days of the "treatment table" updates in the programme.......

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're exactly the same, not one word or even a rumour of either anyone leaving or anyone joining.

I'm not generally critical of the club (unless it's really deserving) but the lack of information on our injured players is really annoying and again anything we get is either kidology or 2nd hand gossip.

Oh how I long for the days of the "treatment table" updates in the programme.......

To be honest I kind of get it.  Makes it harder for opposition to prepare for teams not knowing if someone is back from injury/illness.  The Musonda one is a bit irritating as it was a week or 2 and has just snowballed to who the f**k knows.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

To be honest I kind of get it.  Makes it harder for opposition to prepare for teams not knowing if someone is back from injury/illness.  The Musonda one is a bit irritating as it was a week or 2 and has just snowballed to who the f**k knows.

Yes, very similar to the McCall era where "a couple of weeks" turned into 4 to 6 Months.

Albinson 

Mullin      McAllister    McGinty   Reading

Ashford   Murdoch      Smith     Chalmers 

Dempsey

Akinyemi 

A bit more solidity and control needed for me with our back line. Mullin and Ashford on the same side allows Mullin to overlap  as much as possible. Dempsey playing a little further forward in that middle three - we have limited him a bit this season and missed his energy further forward with our style. Young and McKenzie have both been wildly off form again the last couple of weeks, so I don’t really see the point in continuing with two up front either.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Also i see we're in the corner of the main stand again so let the moaning commence about that lol

Prediction: 1-1

Surprised at that. I’d have thought given the circumstances Ayr would be bringing a healthy away crowd with them. 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Beat me to it. I do get it but as a fan it's frustrating.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Imrie really is doing a remarkable job at Morton. Looking at their team the only two that I reckon would get into our best starting 11 would be Strapp and Grimshaw. 

It's strange how opposing fans look at other teams. From Ayr I'd take Akinyemi as a starter and that's it. Murdoch as an option in midfield too. I'm sure Ayr fans wouldn't agree with this though.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

It's strange how opposing fans look at other teams. From Ayr I'd take Akinyemi as a starter and that's it. Murdoch as an option in midfield too. I'm sure Ayr fans wouldn't agree with this though.

I think you are always going to be biased towards your own side - when you are doing well anyway. There is also ignorance involved in terms of some of the opposing sides players. For example there is no way I would consider Gillespie good enough to get near Dempsey or Murdoch but I’m aware he has done well for you. My joint team would look a little like this:

Albinson 

Grimshaw  Musonda   Ambrose  Strapp

Crawford Murdoch Dempsey 

Chalmers                                Mullin 
                           Akinyemi 

I know McGrattan seems to be highly rated, I just don’t know enough about him so every chance he comes in for Mullin. Musonda, Dempsey, Chalmers, Musonda and Akinyemi are all absolute stick ons for me.