St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

How's the weather looking in Perth? It's utterly miserable down the river in Dundee just now. There's always once game a season that the pitch gets absolutely fucked so I suspect this will be it.

Snow from yesterday been melting all day and its been on and off rain for the past few hours. 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Hearts have sold over 3700 tickets for this now and still shifting. Pretty decent for a Wednesday night between Christmas and New Year. Wonder if the team will actually turn up, I have my doubts!

I was cynical about this as quite often we hear big claims from fans of clubs that they’re bringing X number etc then reality falls way short, particularly as that number seems way above what hearts have brought over the last few years.

But had a look at the ticket site, and fair play the two sections of the Main Stand, and the full north stand are sold out and all but a few tickets in one section of the Ormond Stand are gone.

That’s if they were all for sale originally of course, as we’ve developed the nonsense habit of leaving the scoreboard section of the away end not for sale as the huge gaps between the stands is obviously not enough of a distance, but even so it’s a good effort on a cold wet Wednesday night.  

With this and the Utd game on 2nd January we should get a couple of decent crowds and a bit of cash into the January ‘war chest’…

7 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Is Mitchell carrying a knock or something? First name on the team sheet for me so can't understand why we'd bench him when he's available. Phillips can probably feel a bit aggrieved to have been left out in favour of Crawford.

I'm honestly begining to think Callum Davidson reads supporter forums in order to troll us with his team selection.

As I said above, he's clearly been itching to start Crawford for the last month.

Wonder who he things is going to stand up to Cammy Devlin in that tackle-averse midfield?

13 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Is Mitchell carrying a knock or something? First name on the team sheet for me so can't understand why we'd bench him when he's available. Phillips can probably feel a bit aggrieved to have been left out in favour of Crawford.

On Mitchell, call me paraniod but the repeated articles with the theme of 'Mitchell is definitely not being recalled' struck me as a bit odd. Something you'd mention in passing rather than make it the headline of more than one story?

His spell on the bench might well indicate he's heading back south half way through is loan, like Danny MacNamara?

7 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm honestly begining to think Callum Davidson reads supporter forums in order to troll us with his team selection.

As I said above, he's clearly been itching to start Crawford for the last month.

Wonder who he things is going to stand up to Cammy Devlin in that tackle-averse midfield?

Seems a strange one to me on a night where the conditions may dictate a bit of a midfield battle.

37 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

f**k knows what that lineup is from us. 3 at the back with Forrest and Halliday at wing back? If it is, it's bizarre to leave Smith and Atkinson on the bench for Forrest.

Shankland as captain was a surprise too. Think Robbie might also be a troll manager 😂😂