PnB celeb spotting

Disco Duck

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

First edition of The Shining. One of my prized possessions. 

Oh my fucking days. That is bloody amazing. I've a large collection of King novels and have been building and replacing copies with UK first editions I find in charity shops etc. That's quality man.

Spent 5 mins drunkenly spraffing shite to Aziz Ibrahim at the Tollbooth in Stirling when he was touring with The Players.

Funnily enough, I passed Josh Doig on my way down to breakfast this morning.  Hellas Verona train at the hotel I'm staying at.  Didn't talk to him though as I was pretty rough.

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Tony Benn, that was interesting.  

Go on ...

29 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Ok. I believe you! 😂 

It was linked at the time and nosiness got the better of me so pack up your scepticism.

I should add that we used to stay next door to Roger Taylor from Queen and pleasantries were exchanged most days.

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

Go on ...

He was in Dundee and myself and a handful of colleagues had a leisurely chat and a bite to eat with him.  Very clever guy, very amusing too.  Clear and insightful on what society’s problems were and honest about how Labour had failed people.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Oh my fucking days. That is bloody amazing. I've a large collection of King novels and have been building and replacing copies with UK first editions I find in charity shops etc. That's quality man.

Thanks mate. I’ve been collecting King USA first editions for many many years now and have managed to amass a full set, some signed.

Good luck building your UK collection - I had great fun searching for mine. 

Through work i’ve met a mixed bag of celebs… Dalaï Lama, Fabio Capello, Vitaliy Klitschko, Gordon Brown (a dour c**t), Angelina Jolie, Ban ki-moon, Princess Anne, Dan Marino, Boris... The one that stands out was Annie Lennox, I got invited to her gaff and she (or her minions) sent me a scarf for a Christmas present. Halcyon days.

56 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Through work i’ve met a mixed bag of celebs… Dalaï Lama, Fabio Capello, Vitaliy Klitschko, Gordon Brown (a dour c**t), Angelina Jolie, Ban ki-moon, Princess Anne, Dan Marino, Boris... The one that stands out was Annie Lennox, I got invited to her gaff and she (or her minions) sent me a scarf for a Christmas present. Halcyon days.

You're the Pope aren't you?

Shared a lift with a torn-faced Colin Montgomery at the Old Course Hotel. Moody cow. 

2010 I bought Louis Ousthuizen’s caddy a drink and shared a couple of fascinating hours with him in a pub in St Andrews the day his man went on to be declared the Open Champion.  

Billy Connolly tends to stay in the Blythswood Hotel when in town; the first time I saw him walk in for breakfast and the whole room went silent was something to behold  

Ally McCoist was in my house for my 21st birthday 30-odd years ago. Very good of him to come after my maw had doorstepped him but he was a bit Billybigpotatoes. As would anybody be I suppose in his position. And with Allison on his arm (They were en route to the Killermont Polo Club for their dinner the flash cnuts).

Went to a meeting once in East Kilbride with Michelle Mone in attendance. You could tell she wasn’t quite paddling with both oars in the water.  

A pal of mine showed Frankie Boyle round his (now bought) house in Glasgow’s West End; apparently he’s a monosyllabic bore. 

And, spoiler alert, (by far) the most affable I’ve met…

Spoiler

Neil Lennon. Met him a number times in passing in Glasgow boozers, Jinty McGuintys or Vronis, (Stella and lime for him); always good company but inevitably insisted on buying drink when we didn’t need it.