Best tv of 22

What's the best thing you watched this year or would recommend above all else from this past year?

The Bear on disney+ would be my choice, absolutely fantastic show! Tense bordering on claustrophobic which is saying something as it's  set in a sandwich shop. Honestly if you haven't yet, watch it 

Heartstopper and The Traitors were the two stand outs for me this year.

Honourable mentions to Andor, Pottery Throw Down and Drag Race.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Big Boys. Superb show from earlier in the year.

Edited by The Naitch

I've probably liked Better Call Saul, The Traitors and Ghosts (American remake) best. The latter is probably a 2021 show but only just aired over here so I'm counting it.

I've probably forgotten a few things but overall it doesn't seem a vintage year for new telly. I've rewatched loads of stuff from previous years.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

15 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

A Spy among Friends ,  Tokyo Vice

The book of A Spy Among friends is fantastic , watched the first episode on itvx and couldn't live with the amount of ad breaks and length of them , totally killed any tension.  Need to wait til it pops up somewhere else. 

10 hours ago, saint dave said:

The book of A Spy Among friends is fantastic , watched the first episode on itvx and couldn't live with the amount of ad breaks and length of them , totally killed any tension.  Need to wait til it pops up somewhere else. 

Have you tried STV player ?

The book is the truth ?

I asked another P&B er about it

4 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Have you tried STV player ?

The book is the truth ?

I asked another P&B er about it

The book left it to the reader's imagination ( I think ) as to whether MI6 let him defect rather than arrest him and go to trial. He definitely wasn't sent as a triple agent. 

As a double agent he caused the death , capture and torture of countless British and American agents. 

2 minutes ago, saint dave said:

The book left it to the reader's imagination ( I think ) as to whether MI6 let him defect rather than arrest him and go to trial. He definitely wasn't sent as a triple agent. 

As a double agent he caused the death , capture and torture of countless British and American agents. 

and others eg non communist Germans

Are you going to watch the rest of it ?

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

2 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

and others eg non communist Germans

Are you going to watch the rest of it ?

Definitely , itvx just hacked me off , I'll find it without ads somewhere I'm sure. 

Incidentally , his denial of being the third man , in his living room in front of the press is apparently still used as a training tool by KGB according to MacIntyre