Livingston v St.Mirren.Wednesday.

Just seen the sportscene highlights and Pittman should never have been sent off...he's got the ball and is pulling out of the 50-50 tackle as Baccus wildly swipes at him...probably a foul TO Livi. If the ref is giving that a red card for Pittman then O'Hara should have walked for his first yellow which was a straight leg stamp on Shinnie. The penalty shout for Obileye is another miss by the ever incompetent Nicm Walsh on VAR.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Can you appeal a second yellow that leads to a red.  

The O’Hara second yellow is such a ridiculous decision.  

He put his hands on the guys back it was what they had been waiting for the chance to go down and get him the second yellow stupid sod should known better.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Can you appeal a second yellow that leads to a red.  

The O’Hara second yellow is such a ridiculous decision.  

Don’t think the yellow was just for that foul it would’ve been persistent fouling that he was eventually sent off for 

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just seen the sportscene highlights and Pittman should never have been sent off...he's got the ball and is pulling out of the 50-50 tackle as Baccus wildly swipes at him...probably a foul TO Livi. If the ref is giving that a red card for Pittman then O'Hara should have walked for his first yellow which was a straight leg stamp on Shinnie. The penalty shout for Obileye is another miss by the ever incompetent Nicm Walsh on VAR.

Cheer up old chap, you got a point against the most physical side in the top flight. I’m not sure who won the coin toss tonight, but if it was St Mirren - a shocking, shocking decision. Should be an inquiry. 😀

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Holy f**k. 

And that’s quite something coming from me.  

38 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Harsh red? Possibly - agree with your gaffer that it's somewhere in between yellow and red.

The rest of your take though? Fucking hell, I think you've been on the Captain Hooch tonight!

43 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Don’t think the yellow was just for that foul it would’ve been persistent fouling that he was eventually sent off for 

That probably makes sense.  

He had 3-4 non fouls given against him between his yellow and the Livvy player falling in front of him.  

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

What the hell were you drinking tonight must be good stuff 

Drunk On One GIF

Having watched the highlights, O'Hara's second yellow is annoyingly silly. A soft one but you are walking a tightrope being booked so early and the Livi players were, understandably, claiming for it. Should have been subbed earlier on. 

The square ball for Brophy at the end doesn't look that simple, we'd have been raging if it had been cut out, just was a poor attempt. 

Pittman's red is slightly harsh for me. He does catch Baccus with studs above the ankle after clearing the ball so I can see why VAR flagged it for another look. Pretty sure we had someone sent off for something similar, a year or two back, won the ball, accidentally caught player nearby with the follow through. 

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Pittman's red is slightly harsh for me. He does catch Baccus with studs above the ankle after clearing the ball so I can see why VAR flagged it for another look. Pretty sure we had someone sent off for something similar, a year or two back, won the ball, accidentally caught player nearby with the follow through. 

Yeah, same thing happened to Joe Shaughnessy. No intent or malice in it whatsoever but its seen as endangering an opponent. 

Had the chance to put this game to bed with Andersons one on one with the keeper.Fluffed it and paid the price.Pointless going on about the red cards,its done now and we move on.Though the officials had a night to forget imo.For the neutral,an end to end game not helped by the atrocious weather conditions. In the end a share of the spoils seems fair,though Livi will be kicking themselves on an opportunity lost.

9 hours ago, Div said:

The pleasing thing was that we came back from behind to rescue a point, whereas in previous away games we've fallen apart after conceding. Having lost a man and lost a goal within 60 seconds you did fear the worst.

For me that's the most important point (sic) about last night's game - it's further proof that we are a more resilient team this season under Stephen Robinson.

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Players should be able to act with complete impunity as long as they've made contact with the ball. 

Especially if it's an out of control stamp off the ground with studs showing just about ankle height.

Nothing to see here.:rolleyes:

image.png.5aab3ab48ed770c692201c7bd71ce892.png

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Especially if it's an out of control stamp off the ground with studs showing just about ankle height.

Nothing to see here.:rolleyes:

image.png.5aab3ab48ed770c692201c7bd71ce892.png

What’s awkward here is the way you’ve screenshotted a blurry image to paint the challenge a certain way. He isn’t out of control, and connects just above the boot with Baccus’ left ankle, not the right like this picture makes out, hence the contact is lower than this picture makes out. The real issue for me is the pish camera quality, the fact we’ve all seen countless replays and there’s still a very large majority of folk saying it’s not a red leans me towards saying a yellow isn’t a clear and obvious error so var shouldn’t be used.

14 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

What’s awkward here is the way you’ve screenshotted a blurry image to paint the challenge a certain way. He isn’t out of control, and connects just above the boot with Baccus’ left ankle, not the right like this picture makes out, hence the contact is lower than this picture makes out. The real issue for me is the pish camera quality, the fact we’ve all seen countless replays and there’s still a very large majority of folk saying it’s not a red leans me towards saying a yellow isn’t a clear and obvious error so var shouldn’t be used.

The clear and obvious error rule only applies to penalties does it not? Pretty sure everything else is viewed on an “it is what it is” basis. 

18 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The clear and obvious error rule only applies to penalties does it not? Pretty sure everything else is viewed on an “it is what it is” basis. 

Afaik originally var used the term clear and obvious error for every decision, how Scottish football is interpreting it, I’m not completely sure.