Caley v Cove

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

A thoroughly decent start.

Good control and one very good cross in particular that deserved a finish.

He should be happy with his contribution.

Who did and what is there to be gained in being so determinedly miserable?

I gave Highland Capital the opportunity to explain why if injuries aren’t the main reason for our downturn in form what else could it be, sadly, he couldn’t provide alternatives

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

How was Henderson today ?

I was at the game today as a neutral and thought he was decent. Nothing over elaborate - just effective at shifting into space and getting on with the business of fizzing in dangerous crosses. He will notch up plenty assists at this level if Caley can keep strikers fit. 

Agree with the other comments about the game. Scrappy and even for first 30 mins or so. At that point it looked to me like Longstaff was best placed to be the difference between the sides. A couple of quick goals later, Cove melted and Caley had almost total control from then on. Home win never looked in doubt. 

I was underwhelmed by Daniel Mackay though and would be frustrated watching him every week playing on the left like that. Clearly not interested in using his left foot even when in great positions to do so. His shooting was terrible and he was getting out muscled by Longstaff constantly. He did seem very effective at conning incredibly soft free kicks though…… which I think resulted in the 1st and 2nd goals.  

Edited by bpdon

14 hours ago, Huisdean50 said:

Time to maybe stop moaning so much then and actually get behind the team by attending the game. 

Obviously, like most, I expected the game to go much the same as it has since October so preferred to attend a family lunch which I enjoyed.

The team against Cove was mostly the same as against Partick which at the time the manager said were "not good enough" and he would be "bringing in new players".

Anyway well done to the team for showing how wrong Dodds was and how little he knows.

One swallow doth not a summer make and I have not changed my mind one jot re the management and coaching staff.

Bear in mind that if we had won at least two games since October we would not be sitting seventh.

Front 4 looks quite exciting now with the addition of Jay Henderson. 

Defensively still very worrying. It needs to improve against better sides. Devine was shouting at Ram and Delaney quite a bit for being out of position, and not watching their man. Though Delaney made up for it by chasing his everything, and winning most tackles. Ball also looked glued to his feet, whenever he charged forward. 

Looks like a somewhat capable squad again. Though we are wear we are. Partly because of the players out. But also Dodds signings weren't good enough to cover. The biggest failure being not signing a right back. That being crucial, as having to play Carson, Hyde or both left us unable to really change the system of play. 

Right now. Think I feel the same as last season. There could be interesting times to come, but kind of numb to the losses. Dodds has failed and keeping him on after this season will be unacceptable whatever happens.