Pie and Bovril is 20!

On 13/01/2023 at 14:58, RiG said:

Who was the Falkirk fan who found a decomposing badger down their drainpipe and proceeded to half volley it across their driveway? I have a feeling it was @champions but I may be wrong.

I nearly spat out my lunch and laughed for about an hour when I first read the original post.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Lock it periodically. 

Then head for the HeadsGone thread.

The only reason to keep it open is that it's a useful holding pen for Paulo. He'll still be in there a decade from now, screeching about Devi, The Dentist & how nobody else has moved on from the pandemic.

I probably missed the early days because I was about to take a few years away from going to Ayr right as it was starting up (I was 15 and it had all gone to shit, better things to be doing at that age).  By the time I joined it was the tail end of Monster posting on here, maybe I chased him away 🙃.  

20 years is class, well in @Div 👏

On 28/12/2022 at 19:24, welshbairn said:

Duffman was Gunther but he seems to have deleted most of his posts..

Even years later still proper belly laughing at that. Brilliant.

On 11/01/2023 at 14:17, RiG said:

The OG post has long gone but it's still quoted from time to time...  

XBL also renamed himself as Vectron or something like that and started talking about himself in the third person. 

XBL was incel patient zero.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

20 years and without a doubt the greatest post of all time still has to be the legendary "all morning I killed cows"  a post that will live forever

There's been a few worldies but I'd have cheerio from chigsy.

Edited by GiGi

The is still my favourite from the sadly departed and unfairly banned (imo) @AsimButtHitsASix

On 17/12/2012 at 15:40, Vale Vale Vale said:

Fitba North for me is like Aldi i go in have a look but dont touch :lol:

On 18/12/2012 at 12:48, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You go into ALDI and just look around? You actually go into a supermarket with no intention of buying anything just to look around?

Are there no fucking cinemas in the Highlands? What the f**k is going on up there when men spend their free time wandering around looking at tinned beetroot?

On 09/01/2023 at 01:43, Skyline Drifter said:

I think the first P&B semi regular to pass away was my friend Alex Goodwin who I shared a room with on several Scotland away trips. Think it was 2006 when he died of a heart attack. 

Damned if I can remember his user name right now but it was a QoS one I'm sure. 

He posted on here as qos111.

I actually found out that he had passed away via a post you put on here. I'd got to know him fairly well over the previous couple of years through working on the Queens Trust together, and was quite a shock - I'd just been speaking to him over beers a couple of nights previously.

He was a lovely guy - pretty sure it was March/April-ish 2005.

18 minutes ago, Adamski said:

He posted on here as qos111.

I actually found out that he had passed away via a post you put on here. I'd got to know him fairly well over the previous couple of years through working on the Queens Trust together, and was quite a shock - I'd just been speaking to him over beers a couple of nights previously.

He was a lovely guy - pretty sure it was March/April-ish 2005.

Thanks that was bugging me. Doesn't appear to have an account now though. Presumably deleted for inactivity at some point.

19th April 2005 he died. Not sure now if I mistyped when saying 2006 initially or just got the year wrong. I know I was on my way to the airport for a flight to Zurich on business when I heard about it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Nearly 10 years for me. Joined this when the Tartan Army message board went down the drain. P’n’b seems generally full of good folk. Most of my mates have a passing interest in football, so when something big breaks, then i like to come on here and get the consensus from fans. Like others, most of my internet time is spent on here.

After 10 years on here there is not a single other member I've knowingly met in real life that I could put a face to,  Which has got me wondering how many times I've unknowingly interacted with another P&Ber in real life? since I don't tend to bring up the forum in normal conversation, well ever At football matches is the most likely but I'm not counting that. 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

After 10 years on here there is not a single other member I've knowingly met in real life that I could put a face to,  Which has got me wondering how many times I've unknowingly interacted with another P&Ber in real life? since I don't tend to bring up the forum in normal conversation, well ever At football matches is the most likely but I'm not counting that. 

Look behind you.... 

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I've actually met quite a few other posters, mostly supporters of other clubs - a consequence of occasionally attending random matches when Ayr aren't playing, (an addiction to attending football matches I guess).

Usually it's after the game when I post on here about having attended that a poster will mention that they were the person I was speaking to. P&b never actually comes up in the in person conversation though, it's like we all want to keep our p&b membership a secret.

Like you say however, I've never happened to meet a p&b poster at a non football related event. Most p&ber's seem to be decent folks. The ones I've bumped into at games have been very sound. 

Edited by AuAl

17 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Bumped into @jagfox once. Two Thistle boys were speaking away and i just blurted out "So what one of you twa c***s is Jagfox?" and got the warmest embrace ive ever had from a grown man at the football. 

Good guy.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

P&b never actually comes up in the in person conversation though, it's like we all want to keep our p&b membership a secret.

Like you say however, I've never happened to meet a p&b poster at a non football related event. Most p&ber's seem to be decent folks. The ones I've bumped into at games have been very sound. 

Aye I know, seems very wierd. I don’t post much on normal social media and in real life I’ve obviously got many opinions but don’t express them anything like what I do on here. I think there’s a term about anonymous internet persona’s that change from real life. In real life id be way to self conscious about things lest you get the “ oh hear he goes again talking his pish” which you obviously get on here from other posters but it doesn’t feel so personal 

also, i think it would be wierd putting a face to posters, 

16 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Aye I know, seems very wierd. I don’t post much on normal social media and in real life I’ve obviously got many opinions but don’t express them anything like what I do on here. I think there’s a term about anonymous internet persona’s that change from real life. In real life id be way to self conscious about things lest you get the “ oh hear he goes again talking his pish” which you obviously get on here from other posters but it doesn’t feel so personal 

also, i think it would be wierd putting a face to posters, 

giphy.gif