Pie and Bovril is 20!

Some of the other County fans might recall better, but I think it was St Sid posting on thejailender that got me and a few others over here initially. Or were we already on overthebridge by then?

God, 20 years of being the default place to come on the Internet. Impressive the place has survived all that time! 

2 hours ago, morrison said:

Some of the other County fans might recall better, but I think it was St Sid posting on thejailender that got me and a few others over here initially. Or were we already on overthebridge by then?

God, 20 years of being the default place to come on the Internet. Impressive the place has survived all that time! 

I was trying to think when tje and otb kind of became one. 

I signed up in March 2006. I'd used google to look for a picture of Boghead and the Dumbarton thread on here was the first hit. Spent quite a bit of time reading about how the new owners might (were, in hindsight) be bad for the club. Signed up there and then and been here ever since. It was a godsend being able to read all things Dumbarton back then as I was living overseas (Arran) and the media didn't cover anything other than results.

24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I joined in January 2006 as Kincardine but was 'newco-ed' by Baldy hence my current moniker.

@KnightswoodBearand I are the only long-standing Rangers fans on here though we've seen some terrific posters along the way.

Remember your P&B etiquette now- It's traditional when you tag @KnightswoodBear to include one of these:

🕷️

On 27/12/2022 at 22:45, djchapsticks said:

I didn't make the second one but didn't pretty much everyone on the crawl disown him about halfway through for being a fucking oddball and then he literally drank a puddle in the street?

Was he not young though? Sure he'd barely turned 18. 

Why did the likes of the sun crawl and the fives die a death? They weren't for me at the time but they seemed popular and well attended. 

I joined in October 2007, I would've been 14 and I'm absolutely delighted most of my earlier postings are gone, was v much a heads gone poster who would get overly emotional. A bad combination. 

I joined in January 2004 while I was in my final year at uni and it probably kept me from absolutely losing the plot at the time. I think I got here from the old Honest Page site (not sure if the guy who ran that is on here) but regardless, I'm glad I found it.

Sometimes (most of the time) it's absolutely shite being an Ayr fan, but, it's nice to share a space with fans of other teams who go through the same struggles and who can appreciate all the more when the (relative) successes come along.

I'm content with my part-of-the- wallpaper role though in my early days I definitely had a run in or two; iirc, a Forfar fan, a Raith fan, and definitely with Law Stud and Reynard. I'm pretty sure now when Law Stud was going about nurses all being fat useless b*****ds he was projecting himself looking for catharsis. Hope he's found peace in his HD ready house, and hopefully Reynard hasn't had to bear arms yet to protect his picture-framing business.

I've flirted with other message boards over the years looking for a bit of strange but I never stay,  always return to my one true love. 

All the best to you all for 2023, and for the next 20 years of the best social site on the internet as we know it 👍

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I joined in October 2007, I would've been 14 and I'm absolutely delighted most of my earlier postings are gone, was v much a heads gone poster who would get overly emotional. A bad combination. 

You're a poster I do remember from my younger days. You just had to mention Fife being a shitehole and 228 went affonwan.

Great poster now though. :)

Apparently I joined in January 2006 which means my account is old enough for the Murdoch press to start printing creepy photographs of it. 

Don't post much but still regularly lurk and have enjoyed the nostalgia trip of this thread. Some long forgotten names! 

The first PnB headcase that I can remember was Pompey (I think - was he the guy with the Israel flag as an avatar?). I can't even remember what was mental about him, but it must have been good if I remember it 16 years later! 

57 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Does anyone remember the funny, yet quite creepy thread, where a poster is asking dating advice and everyone is telling him to 'get her pumped' only to find out that he is 14 and the lassie is the same age?

No, but I remember the Hibernian fan who shagged some lassie in a cinema, then got said lassie on P&B to back him up.

Pretty sure he was about 12.