Pie and Bovril is 20!

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The Fives were great.  Going back to the Scottish Football Online days, there are a few of us who still post, but the majority have drifted away. I most probably should have, too, but here I am.  If the name “Leslie” means nothing, you were never really there.

The fives were absolutely halcyon days.

The last Saturday in June every year was a genuine 'mark it off' day. Tremendous entertainment every year as you felt like you were mixing with folk you already knew and were in a way, pals with. 

And no matter your age, gender, sexuality or footballing affiliation, everyone would all gather as one large unit in agreement at the same thing....to laugh and marvel at the group of guys from Fife's annual big day out in civilsation. Was like watching kids on Christmas morning or man discovering fire.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Baggio said:

Another og since 03. Joined in the Nov, probably would have done earlier but was doing my big trip to Australia/SE Asia until October that year.   Been interesting seeing the forum change and evolve over the years. 

At the very least, you got an unexpected box of Maltesers out of your time on P&B.

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

The Premiership forum used to be one of the quietest parts of the site IIRC. Then Div ruined it all by appearing on Off the Ball every couple of weeks :angry: 

For a long while the only Dundee fan was Insight, a strange character. He frequently only communicated using huge text fingers and finally lost it when Gretna beat Dundee 5-0 in the cup one year, I’m sure he spent the evening afterwards issuing drunken threats before deleting his own account. God speed Insight.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think it's worthwhile to point out with a wee bit of advance that January 2023 will mark two full decades since P&B rose from the embers of the doomed Scottish Football Online forum.

It's early days were a mishmash of mostly St. Mirren, Clyde, ICT, Ross County and Falkirk supporters of the time, it's amazing to think that it's been here so long and for some of us, myself included, we've been frequenting this site for longer than we have lived not frequenting it (I was 19 when I signed up FFS). I was on from more or less day dot lurking as a guest but left it until the August to bother signing up. I think joined specifically to say GIRFUY to a Clyde fan after we'd beaten them. 

Many of the originals have long since fallen by the wayside either by way of heads gone, Ruggy's auld banhammer or the famed resignation letters of years gone by. There genuinely can't be that many folk from the first 12 months still kicking about. @Savage Henry @Rugster @Madame RH33 @Coventry Saint  @ICTChrisand obviously @Div are about the only folk from the first year or so who come to mind that I still see regularly posting.

And to be honest, it's still the first site I click onto when online even after all this time. I've come and gone from different forums in the last 20 years but nowhere is quite like this or lasted the pace for me. Scottish football is a niche as f**k market and always will be and I suppose, regardless of beliefs, outlooks on life etc, it's the one thing that everyone who signs up here has in common so it's good to have that outlet online and a busy community to discuss it to boot.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I am deeply insulted.

Would you like a pint?

You and me both @Loki, you and me both. 😪

Long before the depression thread I had a spell as an inpatient, 2004 I think and mentioned it on here during a couple hours home visit. The response, I remember, was very much if tone of the now depression thread.

2 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Could this be it?

Not sure if this is only the first few months rather than the whole first year. I think it is most of the posters who joined in 2003.

@St Sid, @Reynard, @Stu, @Swarley @Skyline Drifter @Fuctifano @SaintSam @Waspie @thejailender, @Ned Nederlander @diamonds2002 @ICTChris @Savage Henry @Loki @MrDust @Frank Booth @Swampy @RiG @davidkennedyshand @Thundermonkey @Cityfan @StewartyMac @SimonLichtie @kiddy @AyrshireTon @pollymac @djchapsticks @Kyle @Garrowhillclyde @Fudge @CALDERON @Raith against the Machine @Gordon EF @BerwickMad @kullibino @Neilly @Baggio @RedWeb @Musketeer Gripweed @Reina @qpsnapper

Apoligies if I missed anyone out, you are all legends.

'Legend' 🤣

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Definitely a lot of Falkirk vs St Mirren in the early days, as a lot of posters had come from SFO which was a 2nd tier -heavy forum.

Been here since March 4, 2003 according to my profile and member number 107, can't be too many apart from Div lower than that, Skyline Drifter and David W maybe.

I'm number 106 🖕😂

Must have beat you by like 5 mins or something! 

The old SFO forum was definitely Division 1 primarily, and most of the posters were Falkirk or St Mirren fans.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I evidently held out for a few weeks hoping SFO would start working again as Div "joined" 22 Jan 2003 and I signed up on 4 March 2003. Still on dial up internet at that point FFS.

i think Div started it a few weeks before SFO actually stopped. It had a handful of posters until then. I imagine the bulk of the original membership will also have appeared in that 1st week of March 03.

Could this be it?

Not sure if this is only the first few months rather than the whole first year. I think it is most of the posters who joined in 2003.

@St Sid, @Reynard, @Stu, @Swarley @Skyline Drifter @Fuctifano @SaintSam @Waspie @thejailender, @Ned Nederlander @diamonds2002 @ICTChris @Savage Henry @Loki @MrDust @Frank Booth @Swampy @RiG @davidkennedyshand @Thundermonkey @Cityfan @StewartyMac @SimonLichtie @kiddy @AyrshireTon @pollymac @djchapsticks @Kyle @Garrowhillclyde @Fudge @CALDERON @Raith against the Machine @Gordon EF @BerwickMad @kullibino @Neilly @Baggio @RedWeb @Musketeer Gripweed @Reina @qpsnapper

Fanny. 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

I am deeply insulted.

Would you like a pint?

Tarvie. 

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You and me both @Loki, you and me both. 😪

Arsehile. 

Could this be it?

@Against The Machine, take your bow.

5 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

As a Falkirk fan, I’d have to begrudgingly say Captain Sensible was the best WUM on here. His heyday being around the time of the vote for Falkirk to be promoted after 02/03 season.

St Sid was better. He even went on question time and had a go at the funding for our new stadium.