Pie and Bovril is 20!

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Gunther was the homophobe whose lack of mental dexterity turned a TV for sale joke into P&B gold.   

Edit: another moment I’ll never forget is Alan Shitsmith and Alex Fergusscum on the Leeds forum by some bloke in his 40s. 

Allshit Fergusscum if I remember right.

It's a bit depressing when you look back for this stuff and realise it's lost in the mists of time.

You'd think Div would keep a backup somewhere for the purposes of bribery. Someone on here's bound to do something important eventually.

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's a bit depressing when you look back for this stuff and realise it's lost in the mists of time.

You'd think Div would keep a backup somewhere for the purposes of bribery. Someone on here's bound to do something important eventually.

Or run for parliament.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Duffman was Gunther but he seems to have deleted most of his posts..

Perhaps he finally realised it was a poor idea to post pictures of his missus in a bikini in their back garden.

Possibly around the time @Hedgecutter showed up to borrow a cup of sugar.

On 26/12/2022 at 12:18, djchapsticks said:

Think it's worthwhile to point out with a wee bit of advance that January 2023 will mark two full decades since P&B rose from the embers of the doomed Scottish Football Online forum.

It's early days were a mishmash of mostly St. Mirren, Clyde, ICT, Ross County and Falkirk supporters of the time, it's amazing to think that it's been here so long and for some of us, myself included, we've been frequenting this site for longer than we have lived not frequenting it (I was 19 when I signed up FFS). I was on from more or less day dot lurking as a guest but left it until the August to bother signing up. I think joined specifically to say GIRFUY to a Clyde fan after we'd beaten them. 

Many of the originals have long since fallen by the wayside either by way of heads gone, Ruggy's auld banhammer or the famed resignation letters of years gone by. There genuinely can't be that many folk from the first 12 months still kicking about. @Savage Henry @Rugster @Madame RH33 @Coventry Saint  @ICTChrisand obviously @Div are about the only folk from the first year or so who come to mind that I still see regularly posting.

And to be honest, it's still the first site I click onto when online even after all this time. I've come and gone from different forums in the last 20 years but nowhere is quite like this or lasted the pace for me. Scottish football is a niche as f**k market and always will be and I suppose, regardless of beliefs, outlooks on life etc, it's the one thing that everyone who signs up here has in common so it's good to have that outlet online and a busy community to discuss it to boot.

Aside from that though, there has been some absolutely unreal moments in two decades on this site. Quite literally too many to even think of remembering and sadly not everything documented due to purges of the forum losing a lot of genuinely fucking hilarious content down the years. I've also had the opportunity of meeting many folk who frequented the forum down the years at various events such as the 5s, the subcrawl and the short lived but brilliant fun P&B Fitba team...the vast majority pleasant, decent folk, with just enough of a sprinkling of utter moonhowling arsehole to keep it interesting!

So aye, enough of the birthday caird pish apart from well done Div on keeping this full thing running (mostly, apart from when St. Mirren get beat and the severs magically go down) and hopefully here's to the next 20 years. 🍻

Have any other P&Bers ever started a Scottish football forum from the ashes of a dead online football community?

I joined it in October 03. @Ned Nederlander was a work mate of mine and told me about it, think he spent most of his shifts on here😀

8Lurked around for at least a year before taking the plunge in October 2006 just so I could do the deadpool 😃.

There's been some right mentalists on here over the years. 

Including Ron Burgundy and his endless reincarnation "ronkers"

Grimbo and the crispy pets insurance scandal. 

The boy who had the Strathclyde holiday .

And endless fannies losing the head challenging folk to fights. 

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

8Lurked around for at least a year before taking the plunge in October 2006 just so I could do the deadpool 😃.

There's been some right mentalists on here over the years. 

Including Ron Burgundy and his endless reincarnation "ronkers"

Grimbo and the crispy pets insurance scandal. 

The boy who had the Strathclyde holiday .

And endless fannies losing the head challenging folk to fights. 

The Strathclyde holiday is a new one on me