Pie and Bovril is 20!

In the early days, I remember that each League had its own separate General Nonsense forum before someone realised that we could all communally talk pish about non-football matters.

And then there was the flooding of the GN forum with loads of "Top Five" posts in an attempt to get a Top Five forum created.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Alvin…

I seem to remember one of the Ayr posters let it be known that he had Ayrunited as his password, and all sorts of nonsense followed.  

There was an account that was created and shared by a few posters, a certain VL Morton fan got a ban and had a tear stained post on the account to have his say.

The same c**t loaned money to his brother and had the audacity to charge him interest.

Will go against the grain a bit here and say things like the Mumsnet saga was when the general nonsense side of P&B became less relevant/interesting... things like that had already been done by bigger and more broader based forums (literally in the case of the Mumsnet thing).

But the Scottish football side of P&B really has been fantastic. Great reading wide ranging views from all parts of the setup.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed.  The Mumsnet Squabble which got picked up by the Record and, erm, Private Eye was another highlight.   And getting that singer to play Peterhead was a smashing piece of subterfuge.  

And of course, 12 Ruel Street.  

What was Private Eye's take on the matter?

21 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My favourite ever poster. I'm still none the wiser as to what my advice was.

Screenshot_20221227-184531_Chrome.jpg

i lso got a nice PM from Tamara for this image. She thought it was hilarious. Preserved in P&B servers for nearly a decade

tamarakeith.png.086913ac2d63b20e68706c5c04b2b1c2.png

I forget all the details. There was some sort of claim that a signature had been forged or something. Why she is holding a picture of Keith Jackson idk.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That would be another Clyde fan

It was Clyde fan who mentioned it and got the hassle, but it was in reference to an on loan Clyde player (who is still kicking about the top division).

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

i lso got a nice PM from Tamara for this image. She thought it was hilarious. Preserved in P&B servers for nearly a decade

tamarakeith.png.086913ac2d63b20e68706c5c04b2b1c2.png

I forget all the details. There was some sort of claim that a signature had been forged or something. Why she is holding a picture of Keith Jackson idk.

More worrying is the image behind her head. The whole thing us just terrifying.

Screenshot_20221228-163737_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, Madame RH33 said:

Who.was the guy who had his credit card scammed, then arranged a date with the scam artist, setting up a fake Facebook page as a lassie?

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Had a name change and is now a Mod.

No, that was @david... have I just realised who TheGreenElves is?

7 minutes ago, Madame RH33 said:

Who.was the guy who had his credit card scammed, then arranged a date with the scam artist, setting up a fake Facebook page as a lassie?

Was the fake Facebook page set up as Laura Robertson? Loads of folk added the profile to create the illusion of authenticity. Think I still have 'her' on my pals list actually!

Genuinely cant even remember when i joined the site, earlier than 2011 but my OG account seems to have vanished from existence so i cant check the date.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The vandetta thing was absolutely brilliant. Stuart Dickson I believe.

There was also a similar situation with one of the more know-it-all Clyde supporters who had mentioned that someone should be 'sanctioned' rather than 'sectioned' which led to a days-long steadfast refusal to accept they'd used the wrong word in the context they were meaning and that in turn, led to some merciless piss-taking.

My finest moment. 🙂

Destroyed him on the sectioned / sanctioned thing. Cant even temember who it was now. Def a Clyde fan. Gunther maybe? 

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

My finest moment. 🙂

Destroyed him on the sectioned / sanctioned thing. Cant even temember who it was now. Def a Clyde fan. Gunther maybe? 

Gunther was the homophobe whose lack of mental dexterity turned a TV for sale joke into P&B gold.   

Edit: another moment I’ll never forget is Alan Shitsmith and Alex Fergusscum on the Leeds forum by some bloke in his 40s. 

Edited by Savage Henry

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

My finest moment. 🙂

Sao Paulo. I used to wind him up about it at fives.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That would be another Clyde fan

The Clyde fans have been way too quite in recent years.

Just a tremendous source of entertainment in the past.