Pie and Bovril is 20!

13 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

After 10 years on here there is not a single other member I've knowingly met in real life that I could put a face to,  Which has got me wondering how many times I've unknowingly interacted with another P&Ber in real life? since I don't tend to bring up the forum in normal conversation, well ever At football matches is the most likely but I'm not counting that. 

One guy posted a few years ago that he had handed in his dissertation. Gave the name of his degree and uni and I realised that he was one of my students. I taught him 2 courses in his final year.

13 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

After 10 years on here there is not a single other member I've knowingly met in real life that I could put a face to,  Which has got me wondering how many times I've unknowingly interacted with another P&Ber in real life? since I don't tend to bring up the forum in normal conversation, well ever At football matches is the most likely but I'm not counting that. 

I’ve met loads of P&Bers and can state without fear of contradiction that every single one of them has been a complete and utter unhinged maniacal reprobate. 

46 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One guy posted a few years ago that he had handed in his dissertation. Gave the name of his degree and uni and I realised that he was one of my students. I taught him 2 courses in his final year.

Is he one of the c***s you did for plagiarism?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve met loads of P&Bers and can state without fear of contradiction that every single one of them has been a complete and utter unhinged maniacal reprobate. 

Ironically, I've met all of your family, apart from you!

Thinking back I remember the chaos on Valentine’s Day 2012 as one of the maddest days I’ve ever had online. 

Tonys thread broke me. 

Edited by mizfit

I've "met" @Skyline Drifter on a couple of occasions but that was mainly in his official capacity (ticket purchases etc), and I've enjoyed a drink and chat with @craigkillie when he was in Sydney (no Kenneth Williams images required). Apart from that I've not knowingly met any other P&Bers face to face.

I know a few of the ICT #lads on here from games and playing football as well as some of the Ross County fans like @Loki and @morrison when we played football up in Aberdeen. There was a Queen of the South poster we played with as well but I have forgotten their username. Met plenty of folk at the 2008 Fives tournament as well. A good collection of sound folk and proper weirdos. Just like the website in fairness.

6 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've never knowingly met anybody from P&B, but I was once walking through the office building that I used work in when I overheard a couple of my colleagues discuss 8mile's shit flinging antics...

The Monday after Hibs won the Scottish cup I caught a good few colleagues reading through that thread in fits of laughter. 

On 06/02/2023 at 16:17, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Aye I know, seems very wierd. I don’t post much on normal social media and in real life I’ve obviously got many opinions but don’t express them anything like what I do on here. I think there’s a term about anonymous internet persona’s that change from real life. In real life id be way to self conscious about things lest you get the “ oh hear he goes again talking his pish” which you obviously get on here from other posters but it doesn’t feel so personal 

also, i think it would be wierd putting a face to posters, 

There was a thread years ago where you posted what you thought P&B folk looked like irl. It's maybe in P&B Gold 

This is of course what I look like

IMG_20210920_211516213.thumb.jpg.4d6f797e01376d42597c30c94fc39847.jpg

Not really... It's CJ of The Wildhearts