Pie and Bovril is 20!

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I forgot about that game, that was magic.  I don't think the owner could actually cope with the amount of cheating I did as a moderator.  I could create youth players and kept generating them until I got good one.  Create/Delete.  You could also look through the non human teams for great players, and transfer them in.  Went full on Sith Lord with my skullduggery.

He'll be in the jail for sure 😂

If not, he's definitely guarding statues somewhere. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

On the second Subcrawl, L4L threatening a guy in the Louden then nearly getting leathered himself was funny as f**k.

I didn't make the second one but didn't pretty much everyone on the crawl disown him about halfway through for being a fucking oddball and then he literally drank a puddle in the street?

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I didn't make the second one but didn't pretty much everyone on the crawl disown him about halfway through for being a fucking oddball and then he literally drank a puddle in the street?

Sammy winning £200 on the bandit at the Louden then saying there to put it all back in,then tapping me and then sleeping on my settee as he had no money for taxi home.Guess who drove him home in the morning??

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He calmed down after his big telt in the Louden and was pretty invisible until he spewed and took a puddle gargle to rinse his mouth out.

I joined around the time of the Rangers EBT/liquidation period, and rejoined a 'couple of times' after being banned. 

The forum for me has, in particular been fucking marvellous entertainment whilst lying in bed/on the sofa on lazy hangover recovery days after all day seshes at the football the previous day. 

Has also been responsible for my use of the phrases 'raging simpleton' 'Puddle drinker' amongst others in my every day vocabulary of withering put downs in every day life. 

Various highlights...

The Tony thread 

Various Jambo meltdowns following their relegation during the 27 game Covid season. 

Marshmallo making a prize tit of himself over dots, paying for a platinum membership for said dots and getting a straight red from the forum not long after. 

The alcohol infused meltdown from a Dundee fan a few years ago who posted a plethora of homophobic insults then apologised once his ban was up and blamed the alcohol for said bigoted, homophobic posts as if that genuinely excuses it.

The gradual mental breakdown of PC Cabe

And, on a sombre, serious note, the very touching and supportive DM's I received a couple of years ago following the loss of my daughter, despite all the allegiances of football and rivalries, intertwined with slaggings, people on here are, 99.99% of them great people. 

I’ve been on here since 4th March 2003, and if I remember right I’m member number 103. I’ve not read this whole thread, but I guess there can’t be many still going from that early on.

Can’t claim to be a prolific poster, but my profile tells me I won the day once, back in 2012 when Queens shamefully backed Sevco to skip having to play their way back up the leagues. I’m more of a lurker, but I can fairly lurk. I don’t miss much on here, and it has been one of the first sites I check whenever I’m online for nearly half of my life.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Just went into the Gold forum and can see TRS holiday thread being in 2007. I was defo about for that so I dunno what is up with my 2008 sign up date.

You probably lurked for a while before actually opening an account - it was @dundeebarry's Leigh Griffiths Blog that reeled me in, so I'm guessing 2010 for me, but I signed up in 2012.

I missed all the Gretna threads on this forum as they slapped everyone aside on their eventual rise to the ho hum SPL title. Bubble burst in the 1st Division long before the final step up. Watched them many times on their journey and although they were good to watch with their attacking style, they and their fans showed little respect for anyone else. Plus this whole fairytale bollox from the media behind them.

Were they the boo hiss pantomime villians of their time right up there with original Rangers for that short time?

Did they have any fans on here? Who were the best known?

I wouldn't be surprised that many on here predicted their demise long before they reached the 1st Division or the Cup Final.

10 hours ago, Loki said:

I forgot about that game, that was magic.  I don't think the owner could actually cope with the amount of cheating I did as a moderator.  I could create youth players and kept generating them until I got good one.  Create/Delete.  You could also look through the non human teams for great players, and transfer them in.  Went full on Sith Lord with my skullduggery.

He'll be in the jail for sure 😂

Ha, I remember the group chat function, and some c**t (presumably you) editing my comments after I typed them, from « my operations are all above board » to « I admit it, I cheated my way to this title ». That was my cue to quit. Great times.

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Just while I remember...

The 'Dear Tamara' letter/thread involving our long since departed credit card thief QLP was, by all accounts absolute comedy gold, ive never seen it, anyone able to share a link to it?

QLP is @Sortmeout I thought?

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

John McVeigh is a tit. vandetta.

I typed neither of the above phrases/words. If you know you know.

The vandetta thing was absolutely brilliant. Stuart Dickson I believe.

There was also a similar situation with one of the more know-it-all Clyde supporters who had mentioned that someone should be 'sanctioned' rather than 'sectioned' which led to a days-long steadfast refusal to accept they'd used the wrong word in the context they were meaning and that in turn, led to some merciless piss-taking.

Edited by djchapsticks