Pie and Bovril is 20!

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

A good friend of mine probably joined around 2007ish before his untimely demise. 

#gbnf

Poor Mozza, whatever happened to him?

38 minutes ago, philpy said:

Wasn't law stud Stuart dickson?? He was some character him.

That's right. Stuart Dickson/Law Stud was an absolute fantasist. f**k knows how he lasted as long as he did.

23 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Yes. Totally deranged mentalist.

Can't remember what "happened" exactly,  but didn't he claim to have had some rant against PC World or argos or somewhere like that??

25 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Poor Mozza, whatever happened to him?

That's right. Stuart Dickson/Law Stud was an absolute fantasist. f**k knows how he lasted as long as he did.

He can still be seen hovering about Black and White Army and St. Mirren Facebook pages spouting his usual

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

How many TVs does he have now?

In his HD ready house. Classic stuff.

January 2004 I registered having lurked about from right at the very start. At that point I was half way through first year at university. Literally half a life time ago. 

Just checked, signed up Nov 2005 so just (!) the 17 years on the forum for me with 1 username change.

Never been the most prolific Accies poster & mostly lurk now except for our club / match threads.

Edited by cdhafc1874

Joined in November 2006, would‘ve been living in India at that time. Something to while away the hours.

Back then would be about 2 days a quarter in the office in Germany. Was asked once by the IT as to what „Pie & Bovril“ was. Told them and asked why. „No reason, but every time you‘re here, it jumps to the top of the most visited web-sites list“!

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

At the very least, you got an unexpected box of Maltesers out of your time on P&B.

For a long while the only Dundee fan was Insight, a strange character. He frequently only communicated using huge text fingers and finally lost it when Gretna beat Dundee 5-0 in the cup one year, I’m sure he spent the evening afterwards issuing drunken threats before deleting his own account. God speed Insight.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He'd accompany the text middle finger with the simple message of 'Take it' :lol:

61NoBWK5B+L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I knew I was one of the first Ton fans on here but 20 years ago FFS!

The Morton forum that was around at the time was very basic (no emojis, no edit button and the quote function showed every post within the post if there was a series of quotes) and this had more going for it. Seem to remember the Ton forum briefly became an off-shoot of this site before going alone again.

Why did St. Sid chuck it?

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Wasn't law stud Stuart dickson?? He was some character him.

He was the one who started a brand new thread to come on to point and laugh at St. Mirren for signing Kenny Deuchar. 

Except it was St. Johnstone that had signed him.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Can't remember what "happened" exactly,  but didn't he claim to have had some rant against PC World or argos or somewhere like that??

It was either Comet or Currys. He claimed that he'd tried to return a DVD player and the assistants weren't much help so he launched a DVD player at them. He was a complete arsehole and total fantasist but he did hilariously drive the poster with the Jocky Wilson avatar to a total meltdown after accusing him of only going to a funeral to get some free sausage rolls. It was absolutely epic. I think he ended up getting banned for calling Egpytian people "apes" or something like that. 

Anyway, March 2008 for me. I got home from a night out at about 11am, bored as f**k and wide awake and start looking for streams for an SPL game, ended up on here and joined the day after. 

How I've only had one ban on here, f**k knows. Highlights include goading idiot boomer Rangers fan Youngsy into inviting me to his brother's wedding in Broughty Ferry to tell a few jokes, organising the P&B Golf Day in 2009 during which i put the unlucky AndyC in the same group as Seamus and No8. He looked like he wanted to jump off the Kincardine Bridge at the end of that. I forget the names but we also had to old Stirling fan who tried to use an airline to clean dugshite of his golf shoes, only to then immediately stand in more of it, and the young lad who had his girlfriend caddying for him. 

Glorious. 

Edited by Benjamin_Nevis