January transfer window

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Who were the 3 exactly?

Absolutely no idea

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Mendy…please, God, let it be Nando Mendy…

No, he’s was still based in France, think he plays or played for Red star Paris. It was a very random name to be thrown about. The problem may be a visa though 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Absolutely no idea

No, he’s was still based in France, think he plays or played for Red star Paris. It was a very random name to be thrown about. The problem may be a visa though 

If it’s a visa, you’re f**ked…three to four months plus.

A lot depends on the situation with the defensive injuries we have. Kirk should be back mid January so we can run with McGinty as his replacement. Even if Musonda comes back I feel like we need another centre half and then we can try and offload Nick McAllister. 

I’d also like us to get rid of Bangala and bring in a defensive midfielder and right back. 

Ideally I think we could do with another option going forward. Not a striker although it might be needed if Brad Young goes back to Villa but I’d like us to sign a number 10 to play behind Akinyemi. Too often the big guy has to come deep to get the ball when I think he’d be better used by just getting into the box but that would mean we need someone to link it all together. If Cammy Smith was still on good terms with the club I’d say it would be a no brainer to get him back but I can’t see Dave Smith allowing it. 

There’s also the potential issue of losing Logan Chalmers back to Dundee United. If that happens we’ll need another wide option to come in. 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

Is it the Connell who used to be with Killie?

Still is for another few days until his contract runs out there. Free agent after that. Murray apparently keen to keep him. Has had literally one (admittedly, very) good game vs. Ayr at Starks. Has done nothing outside of that. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Still is for another few days until his contract runs out there. Free agent after that. Murray apparently keen to keep him. Has had literally one (admittedly, very) good game vs. Ayr at Starks. Has done nothing outside of that. 

1/1/2023 his contract with Killie expires, since he is under 23, is there any indication they have made a qualifying offer? If they haven’t, no compensation would be due.

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was probably the start of November I heard the rumour so maybe they have been in the process for a while.

Or it is all bollocks 

Hamadou Karamoko or something wasn’t it? 

Sure it was posted last month at some point. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sounds like another Bangala risk IMO

By that token though we wouldn’t have signed Akinyemi after Gondoh or any Scottish players after our numerous shambolic signings. Bangala isn’t really relevant if due diligence is done this time…

17 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Only rumoured incoming so far is Jamie Murphy from St Johnstone on loan but another injury prone player isn't what we need.

Jamie Murphy started the season pretty well for us but then just seemed to lose his place. I know we've been on a decent run but I'm surprised how little he's featured recently, although the system Davidson plays doesn't really suit him.

The manager undoubtedly needs to get players off the books though as he's been allowed to build a ridiculously big squad. When everyone is fit, there are far too many players potentially sitting in the stand every week and that is with 9 substitutes.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Sounds like another Bangala risk IMO

Every signing is a risk. Would I be right in saying that Bangala is probably the only signing we made this year where the club didn’t identify the player? Instead the player was brought to Bullen by a former teammate of his. 

It was also insinuated that it was a pretty cheap and therefore low risk signing. It hasn’t worked out though but it hasn’t been a terrible deal for the club. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Every signing is a risk. Would I be right in saying that Bangala is probably the only signing we made this year where the club didn’t identify the player? Instead the player was brought to Bullen by a former teammate of his. 

It was also insinuated that it was a pretty cheap and therefore low risk signing. It hasn’t worked out though but it hasn’t been a terrible deal for the club. 

So we only wasted a little money instead of a lot?

Plus he'll need paying off so that'll add up.