January transfer window

Just now, placidcasual said:

And by the same token, neither are you a Chelsea or an Arsenal. Touch of realism required here regards your current standing as second tier also rans fresh off a pumping at home from Arbroath.

I can’t remember stating we were. 

I remember Jack Hendry going for a lot less than Dundee’s fans valuation to Celtic and it still being our record transfer fee. 

Whether it’s us or not - probably not. He will go for a lot less than you’re expecting. Accept it. 

Lot of Ayr fans trying to put themselves as DABs with this 'big team in the street' patter.

I'd never stoop to slagging Ayr by using Kilmarnock when there's plenty of more factual things about our record of financial doping that are much more of a tap in.

Poor form, lads.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I remember Jack Hendry going for a lot less than Dundee’s fans valuation to Celtic and it still being our record transfer fee.

That's probably because you had a stack of unpaid red reminder notices needing cleared.

3 minutes ago, The Derry said:

And what's that idiot done with his career since?

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Playing abroad, Scotland internationalist goalscorer and top scorer in the league. So not a lot.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lot of Ayr fans trying to put themselves as DABs with this 'big team in the street' patter.

I'd never stoop to slagging Ayr by using Kilmarnock when there's plenty of more factual things about our record of financial doping that are much more of a tap in.

Poor form, lads.

Can’t exactly have a pop at the money side of things when we very nearly went bust after the Barr era. 

I don’t think anyone could deny that Dundee are a bigger club than ourselves but when you find yourself in the same league as us it means very little. Akinyemi might well fancy a move to Dundee in the same way Shankland took a smaller step to your neighbours but I’d be shocked if Dundee actually offered the amount of money needed to make it worth our while. We’d effectively be bowing out of the race for top four whilst letting you boys run away with the league. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This season has been fucking brilliant for the Ayr fans putting their big boy pants on. Like that time your wee brother answers you back for the first time. Superb.

They get one good player every 5 years and start to pipe up.  They ought to remember how dreadful they are in the grand scheme of things.

Hartley's first signing is Declan Glass on loan from Dundee United for the remainder of the season

He was outstanding for us in 2019 albeit were in L2 at the time.

Quick feet, always wants the ball, always wants to commit his man and can score and create. Happy with that. 5 more signings coming supposedly. All needed as were slightly decimated currently.

https://coverangersfc.com/2023/01/06/glass-is-hartleys-first-signing/

3 hours ago, The Derry said:

Our place in Scottish football is and always will be above Ayr United.  If we want one of your players we will take them and there's f**k all you can do about it. 

Thank you.

This would be pretty much correct if said player was out of contract, however as you are referring to Dipo then I regret to inform you that he has a full year and a half remaining on his contract, so unless you've had a large lottery win then I'm afraid you're up a gum tree pal.......

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

He's hardly Mudryk is he?

Touch of realism required here I think.

On the contrary, I'm afraid it's yourselves and the Radio Scotland brigade which require said touch of realism.

I hate to labour the point, but Ayr do not need the money, the player in question does not want away and he's still got a year and a half remaining on his contract.

As such, where are you seriously going to find the money to sign him ??

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

They get one good player every 5 years and start to pipe up.  They ought to remember how dreadful they are in the grand scheme of things.

Oh the irony.......

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think Akinyemi will leave Ayr this month, but there’s no way of you knowing this. 

He's no way of knowing this. The player has had 14 teams in about 8 years and is 25 years of age. 

If a half decent team comes in for him with the potential of earning some decent money (again...not saying it is us) then he will be off. 

To suggest anything else is frankly stupid. 

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Is Hartley not sick to the back teeth of signing lightweight centre mids?

I'm sick of fucking hearing about it.

It's fucking mental that he manages to make a signing less than 24 hours after coming back to Cove whilst we are 6 months of planning deep and listing that it's a struggle to get anyone.