Top Five Horrible Christmas Songs That Make You Want To Kill Yourself And Everybody Around You

Miguel Sanchez

I had to take the batteries out of the fairy lights to use in a torch and the SAHB classic "There'll be no lights on the Christmas tree mamma.." came to mind.

I like it but the sentiment would be macabre for some at Christmas 

• 11 months later...

I worked in a supermarket in the 90s where they played the same 60 minute Christmas album on a loop. It made me hate the following:

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime

Perry Como - It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry

Johnny Mathis - When a Child is Born

Truth be told I could reel off another dozen or so but these ones are the worst for me. 

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I worked in a supermarket in the 90s where they played the same 60 minute Christmas album on a loop. It made me hate the following:

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime

Perry Como - It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry

Johnny Mathis - When a Child is Born

Truth be told I could reel off another dozen or so but these ones are the worst for me. 

Dreadful songs all but there should be a special place in Methil for that guy who’s been pretending to be Paul McCartney for the last 60 years. 

On 07/12/2023 at 10:38, kingjoey said:

I thought I was a real Bah Humbug type of guy, but I'm not even close. I can't think of any Christmas song, that I've heard, that I detest. Let's all join in "So this is Christmas...."

One just for you

Carol of the Bells seems to be on every 3rd advert now and it's a very irritating tune. 

Other personal dislikes are the Pretenders one, the Chris de Burgh one and the Christmas (W)rapping one. 

Pick any of the Ladbaby songs to fill out the top 5, they all blend into one. 

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

One just for you

Cheers. I can still remember the utter excitement of waiting to watch the Bing Crosby Christmas special knowing that David Bowie was coming on. The days before the Internet and an appearance of David Bowie on TV was like gold dust for me. 1977 I think.

Edited by kingjoey