Top Five Horrible Christmas Songs That Make You Want To Kill Yourself And Everybody Around You

Miguel Sanchez

In no particular order:

The Shaking Stevens one

The Jonah Lomu one

The Elton John one

The Paul McCartney one

And in a particular order, top of the list by an absolute fucking mile, the most depressing piece of music ever committed to record by humans, the song that every single time I hear it has me imagining the same thing: being alone, living in a run-down, damp, mouldy, ruined, dingy little room, sat at a table with grey meat and cold potatoes on a plate, thin tinsel barely hanging off a tree in the corner, some ghastly 70s sitcom on the television because the silence was just too much, a paper hat on your head at a funny angle, some sort of underfed pet in the corner who's even less interested in you than normal and as you hear So this is Christmas and what have you done? the tears start rolling down your cheeks as you wonder how life ended up here - no friends, no family left, and it's all your fault you've ended up like this. The John Lennon one.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

In no particular order:

The Shaking Stevens one

The Jonah Lomu one

The Elton John one

The Paul McCartney one

And in a particular order, top of the list by an absolute fucking mile, the most depressing piece of music ever committed to record by humans, the song that every single time I hear it has me imagining the same thing: being alone, living in a run-down, damp, mouldy, ruined, dingy little room, sat at a table with grey meat and cold potatoes on a plate, thin tinsel barely hanging off a tree in the corner, some ghastly 70s sitcom on the television because the silence was just too much, a paper hat on your head at a funny angle, some sort of underfed pet in the corner who's even less interested in you than normal and as you hear So this is Christmas and what have you done? the tears start rolling down your cheeks as you wonder how life ended up here - no friends, no family left, and it's all your fault you've ended up like this. The John Lennon one.

In no particular order:

Mariah Carey - “All I Want For Christmas Is You”

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In no particular order:

This 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

In no particular order:

The Shaking Stevens one

The Jonah Lomu one

The Elton John one

The Paul McCartney one

That’s actually the best Christmas song ever recorded. Christmas Day isn’t complete for me unless I hear it at least once. 

No particular order

1. "In the bleak midwinter" is fairly gloomy

2. Frosty the f*cking snowman. Makes you want to reach for the Frosty Jack. Or a flamethrower.

3. Similarly "Winter Wonderland". Yank Schmaltz.

4. A spaceman came travelling is a bit of a dirge. No Daleks in it either

5. I can't say I'm particularly keen on Carol of the Bells either.

Now being a misanthrope one which should be miserable but which I secretly enjoy is "Happy Christmas (we're all going to die)" by Malcolm Middleton 

I don't mind most Christmas songs, but the worst part of their temporary ubiquity is that, by the time Hogmanay comes around, they're embedded in my mind so much that I find myself humming them well into Spring.

Admittedly there are bigger reasons for people to think I'm a weirdo, but humming Christmas songs in April has got me some strange looks in the past.