Dunfermline v Falkirk

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Surely looking for a bite.

Nah, I’m honestly not. All 3 games against you guys, your fans have been a lot quieter than you’d expect. It might feel loud if you’re in amongst the small percentage of fans that actually try to create an atmosphere, but last night in particular, the away end was very quiet for the full game. The fans were loud pre-game, I’ll give them credit for that. But as soon as the game kicked off, the away end went quiet and stayed that way.

Tbf up until the first goal I was a nervous wreck and more or less silent but after the first goal I was like prime 1990 Nessun Dorma Pavarotti and as we know....Falkirk fans didn't have that goal. Just the nerves. Pain. Disappointment. Embarrassment. 

From the main stand they seemed pretty vocal tbf. Maybe drowned out by our own fans in the NW if you were closer to them. 

Fair play to the Falkirk fans for firstly attending and for being gracious in defeat. Better people than me. I'd be silent asf

6 minutes ago, Heaton said:

From the main stand they seemed pretty vocal tbf. Maybe drowned out by our own fans in the NW if you were closer to them. 

Fair play to the Falkirk fans for firstly attending and for being gracious in defeat. Better people than me. I'd be silent asf

You sometime just have to accept you've lost a game of football to a rival. Over the years both clubs have won crucial games, promotions, relegations, Cup Ties, against one and other, we've both had our days. In my lifetime i've had more of these good days than the Dunfermline guys, so i'll take comfort in that. Best of luck in the Championship, see you there next season.

25 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Its just the distance of the fans then I think. Even the NW didnt sound very good. Only when you scored.

The big problem the north west has for sound is the pitched roof which means the sound isn't projected out onto the pitch like your stands or the Norrie or the Cowden end.

But it was nervy as hell in the first half.

As a younger fan, I have not... but hopefully I'll see some big ones soon. Would take beating Dunfermline to win the Championship title next season.

5 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

In my lifetime i've had more of these good days than the Dunfermline guys, so i'll take comfort in that. 

31 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The fans were loud pre-game, I’ll give them credit for that. But as soon as the game kicked off, the away end went quiet and stayed that way.

You'll find this most places (if not everywhere) tbf, which is a grievance of mine.  It's almost as if fans being forced to sit down subdues the atmosphere.  🙄

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

The big problem the north west has for sound is the pitched roof which means the sound isn't projected out onto the pitch like your stands or the Norrie or the Cowden end.

But it was nervy as hell in the first half.

If you want to know what nervy is, its being level 1-1 with Clydebank for over an hour on the last day of the season, whilst Dunfermline are hammering Clyde, knowing if we lost a goal we'd have lost the League. Of course it didn't happen 

14 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

As a younger fan, I have not... but hopefully I'll see some big ones soon. Would take beating Dunfermline to win the Championship title next season.

not in this lifetime wee man 😂😂

32 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

You sometime just have to accept you've lost a game of football to a rival. Over the years both clubs have won crucial games, promotions, relegations, Cup Ties, against one and other, we've both had our days. In my lifetime i've had more of these good days than the Dunfermline guys, so i'll take comfort in that. Best of luck in the Championship, see you there next season.

'See you there next season.' 

Even after bottling it last night, plus season after season of overhyped returning failure, the arrogance still shines through. 😂

21 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

'See you there next season.' 

Even after bottling it last night, plus season after season of overhyped returning failure, the arrogance still shines through. 😂

To be fair, I think Falkirk should win the playoffs - assuming we get the job done and seal the title. Results and the league table tell you that they’ve consistently been better than the 8 teams below them. I also think they’re better than Hamilton/Arbroath/Cove.

Having played everyone 3 times, Airdrie are the team that have impressed me most in the games against Dunfermline. All 3 games have been tough and Airdrie have played some very good football. Falkirk haven’t played well against us and second half last night, they just capitulated. So there will certainly be some concern about their performances in big games. But Airdrie aren’t even in the playoff spots right now and Alloa and Edinburgh have been worse than Falkirk when we’ve played them. Falkirk also have a very good record v Edinburgh, who are currently 3rd.