Dunfermline v Falkirk

Matty Todd dominated Falkirk in the second half. Played in behind the striker and Falkirk couldn’t deal with him. Absolutely fantastic.

i might post a more balanced comment tomorrow, giving Falkirk a bit of praise for the first half, but we absolutely battered them second half and they were lucky it was only 2 in the end. Fantastic crowd, brilliant atmosphere and another McPake masterclass. 16 clean sheets in 27 games. Title is ours to lose now.

5 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Well that was painful. Dunfermline are a good team and much more effective than us, fair play to them. Can’t say it’s not deserved. 

I thought our subs had a really negative effect on us. Cannot understand why McGinn was hooked. I don’t think many of our guys were that terrible to be honest but I think we were just bettered in so many areas of the pitch.

It’s a sore one but we’ve got to try and pick ourselves up as quickly as possible. The playoffs are not what we wanted but the importance of winning them cannot be understated. 

Coming with 11 wins out of 12 I was half expecting a right hard game. Ist half hour Falkirk did have some dangerous possession in midfield but was easily snuffed out. 2nd half? Difference was McPake knew how to change the pattern. The Pars soaked up whatever and socked it to them. Play offs is imminent for Falkirk, we can only chucked it away now.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Wtf was Callumn Morrison doing there? 

That's the title settled

Morrison will rightly get slaughtered for that, but big questions about your 6 foot plus centre half being out-jumped by a guy half his size seconds before.

First half was lots of Falkirk possession but didn't hurt us with it. I was fearful that we were just content to snuff them out and get a draw.

I was wrong.  Much more intensity and dominated in the second half. Falkirk couldn't handle Matty Todd running at them. Just picking the ball off them at will.

Glorious Tuesday( dare I say super Tuesday)night infront a tremendous crowd.

Pars are a much more rounded team that Falkirk. McGlynn teams a very predictable. Much like his Rovers team. Nice to watch but don't know how to slog it out.

Aye, there were a few disappointments in that Falkirk team. Kept hearing how good the right back was, but he had a poor game. Max K I didn't notice particularly at all and for all Kennedy's good work in creating openings, his final ball let him down far too often. Surprised Allan didn't come on to give Breen and Benedictus something different to think about as Oliver only had that weak chance in the first half and Burrell hasn't built on that excellent first half in the 1-1 game and was dominated by Bene in the game at TFS.

Love how much work Ritchie-Hosler puts in, the amount of tracking back he does is unreal. He nipped in ahead of Morrison (I think?) in the first half where a goal looked certain and even in the second half when we were well on top he kept that work rate up. Certainly happier with our Rangers loanee than Falkirk's. Todd as always puts in a shift and has class to build on that work ethic and Hamilton does the dirty stuff really well. Mehmet only had a couple of fairly regulation saves and a couple of through balls he dealt with but credit to him for the comeback he's made this season. Wighton did a lot of tracking and pressing which isn't really his game and he was really unlucky with the one off the post. Credit also to Dave Mackay - he seems to analyse where the state of the game is at half time and gets the message across to the players in which areas to improve. Don't think it's a coincidence that we're a better second half team.

Thought the ref did OK, not too many obvious errors. Could have played advantage when Ritchie-Hosler was chopped down, missed a deflection on a shot that spun wide (but it was 2-0 by then anyway) and didn't let the occasion or the crowd get to him. Pars could have had a penalty in the second half as it looked to clearly flick off the defender's hand but I think he was unsghted. 

Good crowd although the atmosphere was a little flat at times. Onwards and upwards.

The better team won with an improved 2nd half display, the first hard to tell if it was stopped on the line, from the other end, the second was gift wrapped. Kinnear had a couple of good saves, but Falkirk offered nothing second half.

Not a great game, but probably about the right score.

Edited by kiddy

11 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Nothing positive we can take from that.. early possession without hurting them..second half was a gubbing.. keystone cops second goal & goodnight...they are far better than us...no complaints 

Fair comment. McPake done his homework. Your midfield in 1st half got as far as 30 yards from our goal  plenty of possession but nothing to show for it. All I can say is good luck in the play offs. We can only chuck it away now.