Dunfermline v Falkirk

17 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

You're going to need something stronger than Christianity if you think God takes anything to do with what happens in Dunfermline.

episode 14 GIF

If the make beleive deity isn't concerning himself with the big city then it's understandable why wee town Falkirk is in such a state. 

I have just acquired briefs for this box office fixture and I have a few questions:

Where is good to park for free near EEP?

Where’s best for a quick pint pre match near the ground?

What kind of attendance do you think we’ll get? Main stand appears to be almost full, Falkirk end packed bar one side, stand opposite the main stand appears to be sold out/not for sale?

BBC Scotland/Alba should be announcing this is on TV at the last minute as it should be a good spectacle, a good advert for Scottish football considering it’s a League 1 fixture.

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Where is good to park for free near EEP?-----Leys Park road car park. Proper car park that's not residential. Might take a while getting back out.

Where’s best for a quick pint pre match near the ground? --If you park at Leys Park the East Port bar in the City centre. The Elizabethan if you park up in Garvock residential area nearer the away end.

What kind of attendance do you think we’ll get? 6500 plus/minus 500

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I have just acquired briefs for this box office fixture and I have a few questions:

What kind of attendance do you think we’ll get? Main stand appears to be almost full, Falkirk end packed bar one side, stand opposite the main stand appears to be sold out/not for sale?

BBC Scotland/Alba should be announcing this is on TV at the last minute as it should be a good spectacle, a good advert for Scottish football considering it’s a League 1 fixture.

The end of the main stand nearest the Falkirk fans hasn't been sold yet, I don't really understand why they don't release all the tickets at once but there will be plenty of space in there.

A pint close to the ground really is only on offer at the stadium itself either in Legends or Charlie Ds, The Monarch and The East Port are the two pubs closest to the stadium in the city centre, about 15 minutes to walk it. The Elizabethan is a little over 10 minutes to walk it and will probably have a fair few Falkirk fans in it.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What or should I say where the hell is the Monarch? Never heard of that before, was it something before?

Thirsty Kirstys. I like it. A lot. 

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

The end of the main stand nearest the Falkirk fans hasn't been sold yet, I don't really understand why they don't release all the tickets at once but there will be plenty of space in there.

Bit annoying that unopened areas have been shaded out as if they are sold out. It gives the illusion that the game is heading for a sell-out.

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Bit annoying that unopened areas have been shaded out as if they are sold out. It gives the illusion that the game is heading for a sell-out.

Yes, I've no idea why they do it like that, for most games in this league that's where the away fans are so I guess it's been separated on the ticketing system.

10 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

We've sold 1700 tickets so far and will maybe shift around another 100 between now and kick off. Won't be as many as we had there for the first game but still a decent turnout. Might sell a few extra depending on the results tomorrow.

Good luck getting any sort of  coverage from the BBC. Think there was around 7,300 at the last game at TFS and we didnt even get a match report 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've sold 1700 tickets so far and will maybe shift around another 100 between now and kick off. Won't be as many as we had there for the first game but still a decent turnout. Might sell a few extra depending on the results tomorrow.

Good luck getting any sort of  coverage from the BBC. Think there was around 7,300 at the last game at TFS and we didnt even get a match report 

Aye most of those tickets were sold on the basis of a Saturday 3pm so you would have to imagine given the midweek evening and the weather forecast, the numbers that show up will be reduced somewhat. 

53 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yes, I've no idea why they do it like that, for most games in this league that's where the away fans are so I guess it's been separated on the ticketing system.

According to your website there's only 6 seats available in the away end, in a stand that holds 3000? Obviously not correct. I wonder if some of our fans claimed refunds then discovered they could go, bought tickets again and the club have counted them twice? Even if that happened it wouldn't make such a difference though.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

According to your website there's only 6 seats available in the away end, in a stand that holds 3000? Obviously not correct. I wonder if some of our fans claimed refunds then discovered they could go, bought tickets again and the club have counted them twice? Even if that happened it wouldn't make such a difference though.

I can see more than that? Rows A-F won't become available (last 900 seats) until the upper tier sells out 

Screenshot2023-03-03at10_31_55.thumb.png.8629645c7b4734a9d104842e02542432.png

Where does the TV deal (BBC?) lie with this sort of game? I don’t think it’s too arrogant to say this is a far far more attractive tie than about 90% of the Friday night BBC Scotland games shown this season, but it doesn’t get a sniff. 

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Where are you coming from? If you're coming from the Kincardine Bridge and through the city centre then it depends if you want to park there and then grab a pint in one of the pubs mentioned above then walk along or park nearer the ground to get away quicker. 

Leys Park is a big car park but at the Pars end of the ground and can be a pain to get away from. If you want to park nearer the away end and/or want a pint in the Elizabethan (also does reasonable food I think, and where a lot of Falkirk fans will be) or if you are coming over the Forth Bridge then there is plenty of on street parking just off Halbeath Road, on the various side streets. Get there early if you want very close to the ground but even parking a wee bit away you're only looking at a 5-10 minute walk.

Crowd should be decent just not as big as it would have been on a Saturday when, given the league table and form of both teams you'd have got maybe 7,500 or maybe more. Still think it'll be about 6,000 which isn't bad for a midweek.

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Where does the TV deal (BBC?) lie with this sort of game? I don’t think it’s too arrogant to say this is a far far more attractive tie than about 90% of the Friday night BBC Scotland games shown this season, but it doesn’t get a sniff. 

They have a contract to show 20 live games from the Championship, 2 from each ground. The SFL as-was used to do deals on an ad-hoc basis but that hadn't happened since the SPL and then SPFL came into being AFAIK. Can't see anything happening, probably get a 2 line write up on Wednesday morning if we're lucky.

Overnight temps on Monday look like they will be lower than they were at new year. With half the park in the shade the day time temperatures won't really make too much of a difference so hopefully they DAFC put some effort into getting it on this time.

We are 2 points closer than we were at New year so if it gets postponed again it probably goes in our favour and give us plenty time to prepare for the Ayr game.

5 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I imagine it's been asked elsewhere in the thread but will a PPV option be available for this match?

It's the biggest game in the SPFL so far this season and I imagine a lot of people will want to watch it.

It is out-with the Blackout time so I imagine it may well be available. Possibly not announced until late afternoon on Tuesday.