Dunfermline v Falkirk

That fan vlog thing really isn't any better for showing the ball going over the line. I watched it on 0.5 speed and the linesman seems to give it whilst Kinnears body is still moving. And his legs are curled round the ball. If anything, what that video shows is that we don't know, and the linesman guessed. But I think tbh that's pretty much the consensus of where we all are with it anyway 🤷‍♂️

So with all of that said, I'm going to file it under horrific, title snatching injustice proving beyond doubt the anti Falkirk agenda that runs through every level of Scotland, from the Government down. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So with all of that said, I'm going to file it under horrific, title snatching injustice proving beyond doubt the anti Falkirk agenda that runs through every level of Scotland, from the Government down. 

This is the way

32 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

How have folk taken my post so out of context😂 My point is that the poor decisions will skew in some direction and due to the many mistakes refs have made in our games, I wouldn't be surprised if we have more. I'm quite aware every team will be on the wrong end of poor decisions.

First of all, if the majority of people who have read your post interpret it one way, that’s probably how the post comes across. This is now your second post claiming that more poor refereeing decisions have gone against Falkirk than any other club. But, let’s face it, you have no interest in even trying to find out if you’re correct. You’re just going to assume it is, because that’s what you want to believe.

That’s why I’m calling this out as conspiracy theorist bulls**t. You’re making completely unfounded claims for some sob story/excuse. You’re not interested in finding out the facts, you just want to feel hard done by. Now you’re trying to spread awareness of this (completely made up) injustice on a public forum, claiming you have been more unfortunate than everyone else. Can you really not understand why this has been getting the reaction it has?

Referees have made mistakes in every game I’ve been at this season. That’s just the standard of officiating here. Football fans will always take more notice of the decisions that go against their team. I’m sure if you look at match threads/social media after most games, you’ll find fans from both teams criticising officials for things they feel went against their team.

Have to admit, I’m a bit surprised. Tuesday night/Wednesday, you seemed to be taking the defeat quite well. Seemed quite reasonable and honest. But now you just seem to have flipped and gone down this route.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

First of all, if the majority of people who have read your post interpret it one way, that’s probably how the post comes across. This is now your second post claiming that more poor refereeing decisions have gone against Falkirk than any other club. But, let’s face it, you have no interest in even trying to find out if you’re correct. You’re just going to assume it is, because that’s what you want to believe.

That’s why I’m calling this out as conspiracy theorist bulls**t. You’re making completely unfounded claims for some sob story/excuse. You’re not interested in finding out the facts, you just want to feel hard done by. Now you’re trying to spread awareness of this (completely made up) injustice on a public forum, claiming you have been more unfortunate than everyone else. Can you really not understand why this has been getting the reaction it has?

Referees have made mistakes in every game I’ve been at this season. That’s just the standard of officiating here. Football fans will always take more notice of the decisions that go against their team. I’m sure if you look at match threads/social media after most games, you’ll find fans from both teams criticising officials for things they feel went against their team.

Have to admit, I’m a bit surprised. Tuesday night/Wednesday, you seemed to be taking the defeat quite well. Seemed quite reasonable and honest. But now you just seem to have flipped and gone down this route.

I think just looking at the stat of us only just getting our first league pen is a good starting point, refs have missed 8 or 9 stonewallers. penalties that could've changed results. I dont think this has any bearing on how I'm taking Tuesday's result. Better team won and the better team will go on to win the league, however I do feel that in a few cases, we've been done out of points and I'm perfectly entitled to think that with a better standard of refereeing we'd have more points.

I have no complaints about the league standing right now as you guys have been better over the season, however I do think it could be closer.

23 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

however I do feel that in a few cases, we've been done out of points and I'm perfectly entitled to think that with a better standard of refereeing we'd have more points

That's not how reality works. Even if you were awarded all of these phantom penalties there is no guarantee they all would have been scored. Even if they had all been scored, there is absolutely no way you can know how the games would have finished as they would have been played totally differently after a goal. Falkirk might have went on to pump a team or that team may have rallied and went on to win.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That's not how reality works. Even if you were awarded all of these phantom penalties there is no guarantee they all would have been scored. Even if they had all been scored, there is absolutely no way you can know how the games would have finished as they would have been played totally differently after a goal. Falkirk might have went on to pump a team or that team may have rallied and went on to win.

Of course, but there are some where wins were all but certainties had they been awarded, I'll use our Alloa 1-1 draw as an example. 1-0 up and then a clear foul in the box on one of our players, had it been given and put away the games over, this didnt happen and alloa got a 94th minute goal to draw. Sometimes you can be sure. Obviously the penalty couldve been missed but this is going off the basis that most pens are goals.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Of course, but there are some where wins were all but certainties had they been awarded, I'll use our Alloa 1-1 draw as an example. 1-0 up and then a clear foul in the box on one of our players, had it been given and put away the games over, this didnt happen and alloa got a 94th minute goal to draw. Sometimes you can be sure. Obviously the penalty couldve been missed but this is going off the basis that most pens are goals.

Have to say I don't remember the penalty claim you refer to, but the free-kick decision which led to your goal was extremely dubious. Falkirk didn't deserve to win that match and their failure to do so wasn't down to the ref. 

Similarly there was a great debate about a tackle in the box in the cup game that Falkirk fans were convinced was a penalty, indeed there were numerous tweets about this showing how bad Scottish refs are. It did indeed look like a stonewaller from the highlights but with a clear view from behind the goal it was obvious that it was actually a fantastic tackle and great call by the ref. Although it did turn out he missed some jersey pulling in the box at the other end. That didn't cost us the game though, we just didn't take our chances while Falkirk did. Easier to blame the ref I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Have to say I don't remember the penalty claim you refer to, but the free-kick decision which led to your goal was extremely dubious. Falkirk didn't deserve to win that match and their failure to do so wasn't down to the ref. 

Similarly there was a great debate about a tackle in the box in the cup game that Falkirk fans were convinced was a penalty, indeed there were numerous tweets about this showing how bad Scottish refs are. It did indeed look like a stonewaller from the highlights but with a clear view from behind the goal it was obvious that it was actually a fantastic tackle and great call by the ref. Although it did turn out he missed some jersey pulling in the box at the other end. That didn't cost us the game though, we just didn't take our chances while Falkirk did. Easier to blame the ref I suppose. 

Can you please just let me blame the refs for my team being shit in peace please.

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I think just looking at the stat of us only just getting our first league pen is a good starting point, refs have missed 8 or 9 stonewallers. penalties that could've changed results. I dont think this has any bearing on how I'm taking Tuesday's result. Better team won and the better team will go on to win the league, however I do feel that in a few cases, we've been done out of points and I'm perfectly entitled to think that with a better standard of refereeing we'd have more points.

You could argue that with a better standard of player we would have more points..

Probably the best view of the first goal you'll get (when played in x0.5 or lower), and it looks to be first grabbed with 90% of the ball over the line before momentum carries the whole ball across:

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Probably the best view of the first goal you'll get (when played in x0.5 or lower), and it looks to be first grabbed with 90% of the ball over the line before momentum carries the whole ball across:

It's a shite view and no it doesn't 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Deal in facts, and that means that the likleyhood is you'll accept what's happened and move on. Falkirk are a half decent outfit, but just not on the Pars level for now. Much as I have a go, I'd rather see you mutants up with us next year so we can pump you further. The games against Falkirk are much more appealing than the derbies with our reeking Fife brethren.