Dunfermline v Falkirk

Just now, Grant228 said:

In my head I've got Dunfermline making up the bulk of the defence. 

Mehmet

Comrie- Bene-Donaldson-Edwards 

I'd argue that should be set imo! 

When you get to midfield and attack though it's harder. I see what you're saying about Paton, however looking at the BBC it has Gallagher with the same amount but with a better MPG, Robertson is a goal back however has the best MPG in the division... 

All that said I'd go for. 

Morrison-Todd-Frizzell-Nesbitt

Gallagher - Paton

I'd argue that Morrison and Todd should be set in stone, and while I've put Nesbitt out wide when he seems to have played central this season, his assist tally is such that you can't leave him out. Frizzell is there because of how well Airdrie have played against us, wouldn't surprise me if other people have another player. 

Can't have 2 Airdrie in if they finish outwith top 4. Got to be an Edinburgh player somewhere I'd imagine. Potentially Craigen right back?

8 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Donaldson, Benedictus, Mehmet, Morrison, Paton, Matty Todd, Mccann/Edwards all in for me

This made me laugh for 2 reasons.

1. You didn’t know who Matty Todd was last week. But he 100% belongs in a team of the year. That performance last night was very typical of the season he’s having.

2. Took me a while to realise you didn’t mean Lewis McCann and I was about to question that inclusion!

Not arguing with any of your selections. I’d put Edwards ahead of McCann myself. But I’ve seen Edwards most weeks and not seen much of McCann. Think Morrison’s a very good player though and he seems to have contributed a lot for Falkirk this season.

If I had to pick opposition players, based on what I’ve seen, it would be nothing like what the actual team of the year looks like. The teams 2nd-4th have a total of 1 goal and 1 point combined from their 9 games against us.

In comparison, Clyde have 3 goals (and 2 points) us and Peterhead have 2 goals (and 1 point). Airdrie scored 5 of the 16 we’ve conceded, so I’d have to put in quite a few of their players.

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

This made me laugh for 2 reasons.

1. You didn’t know who Matty Todd was last week. But he 100% belongs in a team of the year. That performance last night was very typical of the season he’s having.

2. Took me a while to realise you didn’t mean Lewis McCann and I was about to question that inclusion!

Not arguing with any of your selections. I’d put Edwards ahead of McCann myself. But I’ve seen Edwards most weeks and not seen much of McCann. Think Morrison’s a very good player though and he seems to have contributed a lot for Falkirk this season.

If I had to pick opposition players, based on what I’ve seen, it would be nothing like what the actual team of the year looks like. The teams 2nd-4th have a total of 1 goal and 1 point combined from their 9 games against us.

In comparison, Clyde have 3 goals (and 2 points) us and Peterhead have 2 goals (and 1 point). Airdrie scored 5 of the 16 we’ve conceded, so I’d have to put in quite a few of their players.

Absolutely, Edwards is twice the player that McCann is. Having seen both playing for my team and then having been in opposition teams over the past seasons there is no comparison to be made other than them playing on the same side of the pitch.

Delighted with our second half last night. First half I thought Falkirk looked neater and tidier for large spells although not quite as in control as the game in September. Falkirk could have been 2 or 3 up at HT in that game. Falkirk's second half last night was worse than their performance in November, they looked rattled as soon as the second half started and I think we sensed that and took control.

Our subs were huge. Credit to McPake, when I seen O'Hara was coming on I was genuinely a bit surprised given it was so soon after HT but he ran his socks off and kept the full back occupied meaning he wasn't able to get up and support as much. McCann is a bit nuisance, if he could just get a bit more composed in front of goal he'd be a right handful, he does well in the air but with the ball at his feet I think he panics a little. Also being able to bring someone on like Paul McGowan with 10 to go, so much experience, clever play etc it really is handy.

King Richie-Hosler was brilliant, he must be about 5,7, built like the gable end of a fiver but it mattered not a jot, the boy Mackie should be mortified watching that back today. Deniz had nothing to do but still dealt with anything like crosses etc, Bene looking like the player from earlier in the season and big Rhys was solid last night. Edwards definitely not his usual self in terms of getting up and down, think he was still struggling from whatever kept him out on Saturday and McDonald was a bit suspect in the first 45 but just like the team was much better in the second and linking up with KRH. Mochrie was quiet although almost produced that moment of brilliance on HT. Hamilton, a nuisance but a bloody good footballer, thought Chalmers strolled it, one of his best games, Wighton absolutely fine, still think he struggles to play as the lone striker but technically he's one of the best footballers at the club.

Special mentions to Matty Todd of-course. Honestly, someone go to the humble pie factory and get me a years supply. I said on the WDTHR thread before the season started that we'd win nothing with a midfield of Chalmers, Todd & Allan. Now I wasn't saying he wasn't a good player, just that I couldn't see him bossing the midfield this season, by Christ was I wrong! He's non-stop, left foot, right foot, head, chest, can score from anywhere, he's went from being a kid who came through the youth academy to being one of the first names on the team sheet.

Well done to both sets of fans turning up in their thousands. Obviously some daft things like the throwing of paper on the pitch and pyro, was definitely an object handed to the police from the ref in the second half and I did see a young guy getting huckled from Section NW and taken out past the Norrie.

Puts us in a really handy position but not over yet. However, I think we'll take enormous confidence from last night into the rest of the season, we've been professional from the start of the season and just need to do it over the next 9 weeks. Interesting to see how Falkirk bounce back on Monday.

Edited by The Toun Clock

I was in the Norrie and thought it went over the line but I was still pretty surprised when I looked over to the linesman and saw him racing up the line to signal a goal.  I thought there was no chance he'd give such a tight call.

However, with the importance of the game, I would have expected the Falkirk players to make much more of it and for it to fire them up.  Instead, they seemed to pretty much accept the decision - and then accept defeat thereafter.  

I reckon if the situation had been reversed you would have seen the likes of Bene and Hamilton chasing the ref round the park, with the latter probably taking his frustrations out on anything that moved for the rest of the match - until McPake subbed him or he got himself sent off.  

18 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I'm not sure it changed the game if that hadn't been given it was just delaying the inevitable the way the game was going. 

Yep, from memory it was 4 big chances before that goal was given, Pars taking the lead was inevitable at that point

37 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

However, with the importance of the game, I would have expected the Falkirk players to make much more of it and for it to fire them up.  Instead, they seemed to pretty much accept the decision - and then accept defeat thereafter.  

Yeah - a few of them wagging their fingers hardly constitutes a protest. That says to me it was over. The video doing the rounds doesn't tell the full story. I was in the Norrie & thought it was close to being the full ball over. No way the linesman could've seen it 100% accurately but like most things the cants just guess at this level.

Pleasing

23 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Yep, from memory it was 4 big chances before that goal was given, Pars taking the lead was inevitable at that point

I think I and most others have been pragmatic in our assessment of the game, but its absolute madness to dismiss the possibility that a goal that never was may have altered the course of a game. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The first goal clearly isnt over the line. Doesnt surprise me tbh, sums up our luck this season.

Deserved win and league title for Dunfermline though, fair play. We just havent been consistent enough 

The fact there was no complaints from the keeper suggests to me that it was a goal. We’ll never know with the camera angles unfortunately 

Edited by kelty_par

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The first goal clearly isnt over the line.

Unless you have x-ray vision to see through the keeper neither you nor anyone else can all it with any certainty. The keeper doesn't react when it's given which isn't a great sign for you claim that it's "clear"