Dunfermline v Falkirk

I've not watched allot of the Championship, but if Arbroath make 9th on paper it seems like a match up that wouldn't favour Falkirk, from what the Arbroath fans have said on here they've picked it up in recent weeks and they've gone back to being defensively resolute. I don't think it's a given that Falkirk win against them. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've not watched allot of the Championship, but if Arbroath make 9th on paper it seems like a match up that wouldn't favour Falkirk, from what the Arbroath fans have said on here they've picked it up in recent weeks and they've gone back to being defensively resolute. I don't think it's a given that Falkirk win against them. 

I want Cove

Well, I think we can see now that it's easy to score all of these goals from corners if unhindered by the usual burden of the ball having to..... go in the goal.

In all seriousness, it doesn't LOOK like it crossed the line, but there is still the unseen possibility that Kinnear carries it across so thats not quite as conclusive as the tweet suggests. Burrell does well initially but then misses it with his left boot. If he had flicked that away then we don't have the conversation, so even int he circumstances there's a missed opportunity to clear. 

Meh. We were never winning the match. No point dwelling on practical confirmation of being unable to win a title we never really looked liked winning anyway. Need to remember hopes of promotion are still strong and thats where the focus needs to be. Dunfermline are a bit better than us, we're better than everyone else, with 1 unknown factor from the league above. 

Edited by Bairnardo

"Nothing we didn’t all know at the time sadly"

Viewing that in front of the Norrie from the Cowden End, aye? 🤣

Keeper's obstructing the view of it being carried over in that video, but why let the truth ruin a good story.

31 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Wasn't over the line.

The keeper’s arm that’s on top of the ball definitely moves the ball back with him, before he extends it again. You just can’t see the ball at that point. So it may have crossed the line. However, it looks unlikely that it did fully cross the line and there’s no way any official could be certain that it did. Can’t be guessing things like that in big games.

In all seriousness, the way we had played for the first 20 mins of the second half, I think a goal was coming anyway. But you can’t deny that decision had a big influence on the game.

Absolutely nobody can tell for sure if the keeper carries that over the line from that clip so pointless arguing about it.

Re the play offs, still confident we cant get 8th and also confident we could take Falkirk over two legs if we did finish 9th, no guarantee that would even be the final anyway.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Can’t be guessing things like that in big games.

But surely you'd be saying the exact same line if it wasn't given?

I don't think the linesman guessed at all anyway; I think he thought it was in.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

The ball was over. I was right in line with at the corner of the NW. Case closed.

Matty Todd is still fuckin brilliant