Dunfermline v Falkirk

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Absolute bedlam in the North West. That was emotional at the end. Fans and players are more united than I've seen for a long time. McPake was loving it too. That team is resilient, it's our biggest strength. I have no voice left. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
6 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

From my view in the ground it didn’t and most of the Pars fans around me agreed.

I was right in line with it at the corner of the NW, it definitely was over the line.

1 minute ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Absolute bedlam in the North West. That was emotional at the end. Fans and players are more united than I've seen for a long time. McPake was loving it too. That team is resilient, it's our biggest strength. I have no voice left. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Done more jumping about than an Olympic hurdler

Right, Bairns, What is going on? That is twice you have had me fooled in here. 

Aw this optimism and how you're a changed team and your bench is full of game changers!?

I mean this with all the respect due from a fan of a fellow decent sized club in a similar situation....

You. Were. Shite. 

Edited by Stoo61

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 minute ago, 101 said:

Done more jumping about than an Olympic hurdler

Same here. Didn't do my auld knees any good.

7 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

From my view in the ground it didn’t and most of the Pars fans around me agreed.

😯

I said at the time it looked a bit like the Pars were claiming for a ball that might not've crossed the line but didn't think for a second that it actually might not've.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's 2240, the game finished an hour ago. 

Still waiting on this incredible Falkirk bench. 

I'm waiting for McGlynn to change the game, if anything hus subs made things worse.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I'm waiting for McGlynn to change the game, if anything hus subs made things worse.

They absolutely did. 

I seen @RandomGuy. Laughing at Pars fans for saying McPake has been decent for us, but that's three games in a row where he's absolutely nailed McGlynn. McPake seen how the game was going, made subs and changed it. McGlynn seen the game going against him, and despite having the best collection of footballers to ever grace the sidelines, made things worse. Love to see it. 

I wasn't impressed with the McPake appointment, I don't think I've ever been more wrong, some job he's done. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

They absolutely did. 

I seen @RandomGuy. Laughing at Pars fans for saying McPake has been decent for us, but that's three games in a row where he's absolutely nailed McGlynn. 

Yes but this is the same guy who thought it was impossible that Aaron Comrie was a good Championship level full back because he once had a poor game for St Johnstone when he was a youngster.

12 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

I was right in line with it at the corner of the NW, it definitely was over the line.

Agreed. I’m almost in line with the 18 yard box in the main stand and it was over the line. Helped by the defender doing riverdance to try and keep it out 

1. I’d love it if it turns out the ball didn’t cross the line.

2. What a crowd, things got a bit quiet whilst things got a little scrappy in the 1st half but as soon as we set a marker in the 2nd it was bouncing.

3.  McGlynn had no idea how to react to that and every change he made played into our hands.

4. f**k the scum who latch onto this fixture, don’t care what end you sit in, f**k off.

5.  Is Matty Todd single or at least open to polygamy?  Asking for 7000 friends.

Shit the bed in a big game yet again…Dunfermline by miles the better team in the second half.  Pass marks maybe to Max, Kennedy and Burrell.  Donaldson in particular was dreadful, worst I’ve seen him play for us.  Midfield completely awol.

Game over man, game over.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

Pass marks maybe to Max, Kennedy

Were we at the same game Kennedy had no final ball and I genuinely didn't notice Max although I was having a great time by the time he wandered on

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They absolutely did. 

I seen @RandomGuy. Laughing at Pars fans for saying McPake has been decent for us, but that's three games in a row where he's absolutely nailed McGlynn. McPake seen how the game was going, made subs and changed it. McGlynn seen the game going against him, and despite having the best collection of footballers to ever grace the sidelines, made things worse. Love to see it. 

I wasn't impressed with the McPake appointment, I don't think I've ever been more wrong, some job he's done. 

That guy’s a space cadet. Imagine laughing at someone saying McPake’s doing a good job. 8 points clear, 16 clean sheets in 27 league games. How can anyone claim that’s not a good job? Regardless of the level he’s managing at, he’s clearly doing a great job.

As someone else mentioned above, he claimed Comrie couldn’t be a good RB at championship level, cause he had a poor game v Celtic once. Went on to argue that he was too small to be a RB. Then when he got called out on that, said ‘small’ meant he didn’t have enough pace to be a RB.

Went along as a neutral tonight. Thought Falkirk dominated the first half but had no cutting edge. Second half Dunfermline were much better and showed more aggression which got them the points comfortably in the end.  Helped by Falkirk self destructing after conceding the first goal obviously. 

Falkirk felt very reminiscent of McGlynn’s Rovers a lot of the time. Nice passing and moving . Good to watch but with little end result. Fades when a team takes the game to them and doesn’t let them stroke it around. And absolutely no Plan B when they concede. 

Will be good to have the Fife derby back next year. Assuming we don’t implode. 

Edited by roverthemoon