Dunfermline v Falkirk

31 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm hoping the bumper crowd will help raise the temperature in the stands by a couple of degrees. Like emperor penguins huddling together for warmth.

giphy.gif

Law of averages with a big crowd on the steep steps at EEP means there's always one of these:

tumblr_02495f78a22b443e8405d86f4a5a2b33_afd3370f_500.gif.09f9a26f52824fd19e24dff18b06f513.gif

Even in a cauldron of hate, nothing unites a set of fans quite like the resultant "waaaaaayyyyy!".

Supposed to be in hospitality for this one however I am quite unwell, gutted. Was really looking forward to this as a neutral. Can’t seem to get into the ParsTV website just now tho. I hope it hadn’t crashed and won’t crash tonight. I’d imagine quite a high viewing figure 

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

Supposed to be in hospitality for this one however I am quite unwell, gutted. Was really looking forward to this as a neutral. Can’t seem to get into the ParsTV website just now tho. I hope it hadn’t crashed and won’t crash tonight. I’d imagine quite a high viewing figure 

Gutted for ya, missing your chance to see a HUGE club play a medium sized club. 

Just now, CallumPar said:

Confirmation that we’re just not selling anymore tickets/opening any more sections. Disappointing. Seems strange to turn down extra money.

A83E05F9-0C3B-49B7-A24F-D1B1F542512B.jpeg

Just posted this in the WDTHR thread - agreed it seems crazy!

The very end section and the front few rows of the second and third last sections haven't been released. Just noticed on COWS that it says "home end sold out" - surely they aren't not going to release at least the rest of the Main Stand seats for sale. There's absolutely no need for segregation there when you're 20 feet above ground level with no fans below you.

59 minutes ago, smpar said:

I reckon we’ve hit 10k tbh. Stadium holds around 10,300 without the NE and I’d say there’s less than 200 tickets left between us. 

The bottom corners of our stand havent been put on sale yet, around 100 in each of those, plus about 300 left/ not yet available in the front 3 rows of the middle sections. So reckon we've sold 2500 so far 

Just now, parsdaft said:

The very end section and the front few rows of the second and third last sections haven't been released. Just noticed on COWS that it says "home end sold out" - surely they aren't not going to release at least the rest of the Main Stand seats for sale. There's absolutely no need for segregation there when you're 20 feet above ground level with no fans below you.

Yep. Doesn’t make sense. Even from the front of the main stand, you can get nowhere near the pitch or opposition fans. Not like the seats are ‘out of action’ either, as they’re usually available for away fans every week - and are available to buy for Edinburgh fans for our next home game.

1 minute ago, parsdaft said:

Unless it was sold for the previous game I agree it seems odd.

Still must be looking at gate income north of £100k

No enough polis, stewards, first aid folk? 

I dont know anything at all about this stuff but maybe over 10 000 you need a certain number of these things that we can't get a hold of midweek. 

Speculation.  

KRH to write himself into loanee folklore (With Stevie C and Adam Hammill) with a sublime strike from the edge of the box. 

Edited by Stoo61

A little bit dissapointed bit I'm going to guess this isn't to do with the club and maybe a police Scotland decision. The club shop doesn't even open until midday and I think we would have shifted atleast half of that north east stand. Was really thinking we were going to hit 10k this morning they way it was going but now I think we're looking at 9500-9700 depending how Falkirk get on with the remainder of their tickets. A cracking crowd regardless but could have been better.

Club have tweeted that over 7000 home tickets have been sold - think that suggests that tickets may have been sold for that section? Away end holds 3,000. So if there’s over 7,000 home tickets sold, that must be every seat.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Club have tweeted that over 7000 home tickets have been sold - think that suggests that tickets may have been sold for that section? Away end holds 3,000. So if there’s over 7,000 home tickets sold, that must be every seat.

They definitely haven't been on public sale at any point, can only think it's combination of player tickets, hospitality and freebies that have been set aside?

15 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Gutted for ya, missing your chance to see a HUGE club play a medium sized club. 

I wouldn't say Dunfermline are medium sized.  Anyway neither huge or medium sized clubs would ever lower themselves to giving their creditors 0p in the pound. That's very much a Mickey mouse club .

I think the fact its stopping so close to 10k is significant. How, with all the incredible brain power like the genius quoted below can we not know why? Mon eh. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldn't say Dunfermline are medium sized.  Anyway neither huge or medium sized clubs would ever lower themselves to giving their creditors 0p in the pound. That's very much a Mickey mouse club .

Dance Dancing GIF by Mickey Mouse

That's the police for you. As I said, they have far too much say in footballing affairs. Completely bonkers that clubs can't utilise their full capacity. Seats are there to be used FFS. If the police don't like it then the onus should be on them to source bodies from across their network to satisfy demand.

14 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

No enough polis, stewards, first aid folk? 

I dont know anything at all about this stuff but maybe over 10 000 you need a certain number of these things that we can't get a hold of midweek

You could be right actually, I'm sure I read in the report on that crush at the concert in Brixton there was a need for certain medical cover that wasn't met.

26 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Bet it’ll be the police. The power they have is ridiculous. Full stadiums for an ugly sisters game but can’t find a few extra for this one, where every penny is a prisoner for clubs this size. 

Just now, VinnyPar said:

As I mentioned previously the facilities in the north east are humped, meaning we're probably legally not allowed to sell tickets in there atm. It was mentioned at one of the supporters meetings recently.

Must've missed this, when did that happen? Posted this in the Dunfermline thread. 

Main Stand: 3,089

West Stand: 3,016

East Stand: 3,016

North East Stand: 1,205

North West Stand: 1,189

I beleive, 7,294 home tickets. 3,016 away tickets

I have a feeling though that if they're taking segregation this seriously, they won't sell the bottom corners of the Cowdenbeath end.