Dunfermline v Falkirk

47 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

The two side sections bottom tiers haven't been released for sale yet. Neither has bottom two rows of the centre sections. Club will drip feed them depending on sales. I'd assume if centre sections fill up then the side sections will be released for sale too.

Any reason it’s not just being fully opened up? 

I'm just nervous the game is called off, which would be a disaster of the highest order. I hope the Pars have appointed a night watchman to monitor the undersoil heating system. A sunny day is forecast tomorrow though which is encouraging.

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Any reason it’s not just being fully opened up? 

No idea to be honest. I know the boy at the club shop so that's the only reason why I know they are doing it that way. Over 9000 sold now. I suppose if you shift the rest of the 3 middle sections they side sections will get opened up. Only reason I can think is if we need to open north east stand for home fans then they are just keeping fans as far apart as possible. They sections will be the last to go on sale.

5 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

No idea to be honest. I know the boy at the club shop so that's the only reason why I know they are doing it that way. Over 9000 sold now. I suppose if you shift the rest of the 3 middle sections they side sections will get opened up. Only reason I can think is if we need to open north east stand for home fans then they are just keeping fans as far apart as possible. They sections will be the last to go on sale.

Makes sense yeah. Cheers. 

Obviously don’t want to jinx anything and you can all call me a Cnut if the game ends up off, but I was just outside there and it it’s fine. Cold air but the ground is still soft, when I was outside on 1st Jan it was a sheet of shiny ice by this time. Forecast to be above freezing by 8am tomorrow and expected to be sunny all day.

53 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Obviously don’t want to jinx anything and you can all call me a Cnut if the game ends up off, but I was just outside there and it it’s fine. Cold air but the ground is still soft, when I was outside on 1st Jan it was a sheet of shiny ice by this time. Forecast to be above freezing by 8am tomorrow and expected to be sunny all day.

The undersoil heating is on anyway.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The undersoil heating is on anyway.

Just in from work and it’s still +0.5c here in Dunfermline with no frost at 3:15am temperatures no where as low as predicted, game will be on. Can think the last game I was buzzing for before I went to sleep the night before, games like this is why you quickly forget the majority of others.

Thought I would check before going off to bed, can only speak for my garden but it’s -1c and the top off the grass has a crunch but the ground isn’t frozen at all. The undersoil wasn’t even needed, let the games proceed 

22 minutes ago, Clangers said:

Thought I would check before going off to bed, can only speak for my garden but it’s -1c and the top off the grass has a crunch but the ground isn’t frozen at all. The undersoil wasn’t even needed, let the games proceed 

Only for the polis to spot a bit of ice in Lochgelly and rule that it's too dangerous for folk to get to the ground...

Can't see it happening but it wouldn't be the first time.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Just got the missus up for a 50/50 in the garden. She says the grass felt fine.

Play ball! 

Genuinely feel a bit sorry for the Fifers tonight. Our feet will be cold enough with just the 10 toes!

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

All joking aside, our toes will be fine. We have these things called socks, which both keep your feet warm and make it more comfortable when standing or walking. Maybe one day you guys will discover such luxury. 

Spoken like a man who has never sat in the Arctic microclimate of the TFS#KM7 between September and April.