Dunfermline v Falkirk

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

With that surely the problem still comes with entering and exit? The turnstiles for the NE are at the back of the stand, traditionally to get to them you go around the back of the Cowdenbeath end. When you have the police out training in riot gear they're absolutely going to try and prevent any mingling between fans in perceived bottlenecks. 

When I was in the NE for the Raith game we used the NW turnstiles although can see how that sounds like chaos. There's enough struggle at a game with 4000 if more than 100 people turn up at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I suspect they're just opening sections as the tickets sell so as to avoid extra expense in stewarding etc to have a few hundred in there and empty seats elsewhere. Just a hunch by the way they've opened it up bit by bit already 

There’s not that much apart from the last section and the first few rows in the west wing to be opened up.   Someone either tonight or tomorrow morning is likely going to have to make a big call over the NE

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

There’s not that much apart from the last section and the first few rows in the west wing to be opened up.   Someone either tonight or tomorrow morning is likely going to have to make a big call over the NE

It’s the east wing that has seats available, west wing sold out a while ago. They’ve also not opened up the furthest right section of the east wing yet. Section L and the NE are clearly considered last resorts. But it’s hard to see those areas not being required, at least to some extent. Would expect east wing to be fully available tomorrow morning, then open up one section at a time, starting with Section L.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

It’s the east wing that has seats available, west wing sold out a while ago. They’ve also not opened up the furthest right section of the east wing yet. Section L and the NE are clearly considered last resorts. But it’s hard to see those areas not being required, at least to some extent. Would expect east wing to be fully available tomorrow morning, then open up one section at a time, starting with Section L.

Oops, yes obviously its the east wing.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone got doubts over the game happening tomorrow? Surely way too much hype for dunfermline to risk not turning the heating on

Just had a browse at the forecast. I think we'll be good to go. We're not meant to get any snow tomorrow despite the yellow warning. It'll be cold overnight I think going below freezing as early as 8pm but with the USH on we should be fine. The Pars social media posted a big article last night about their being 8000 tickets sold, previous record attendances etc if they were in any doubt this would be on I don't think they'd have bothered bigging it up like that. We've all known it's to be really cold for about a week so I suggest they do too.

Just hope it's not as cold tonight as they're forecasting. Waking up tomorrow and everything not being white would be reassuring, don't want dejavu from the 2nd of Jan. 

Just on the USH. From what the club said at the council meeting, it was tested in December, was fine, pump broke hogmany and due to the timing they couldn't get it fixed as part coming from overseas. I trust they've had the part delivered, installed and have tested it.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That part of the main stand where they haven't released tickets for the first few rows won't be released. They are always reserved for hospitality. That's where they will go when they come upstairs from their pre match meal.

7 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

That part of the main stand where they haven't released tickets for the first few rows won't be released. They are always reserved for hospitality. That's where they will go when they come upstairs from their pre match meal.

They’re available for away fans for the other fixtures released so far,  including the Kelty game which has sold out hospitality.   

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They’re available for away fans for the other fixtures released so far,  including the Kelty game which has sold out hospitality.   

I attended hospitality recently for the montrose home game which we won 2-0 and that was where we were directed to when we went upstairs so only going by that. Montrose supporters were still sitting in the end 2 sections beside us.

Suppose it maybe depends on the fixture. Falkirk fans were never going to be in that part of the stadium anyway so wouldn't be a problem putting g hospitality there for this fixture.

Edited by Craigypar

2 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

I attended hospitality recently for the montrose home game which we won 2-0 and that was where we were directed to when we went upstairs so only going by that. Montrose supporters were still sitting in the end 2 sections beside us.

We sat there for hospitality against Falkirk as well but I always think it depends on how competent the steward is at the top of the stairs.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Whats the problem? We had it full against the wee team in 2011

AFAIK there wasn't much worry about crowd disturbances that day was there? Whereas the police are taking this game as extremely serious. 

There's absolutely ways around it, if the main stand does sell out there'll be big questions to be asked. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

AFAIK there wasn't much worry about crowd disturbances that day was there? Whereas the police are taking this game as extremely serious. 

There's absolutely ways around it, if the main stand does sell out there'll be big questions to be asked. 

Probably because of the musical bins last time around. 

14 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Probably because of the musical bins last time around. 

Let's be honest they have completely over reacted, if they had had a few polis in the city centre for the last game there would have been no pavement dancing but instead both clubs are now forced to spend thousands on an insane level of policing.

Announcement from the club there on socials just warning of heavy police presence at East End and in the city centre. Say South Stand, South Stand West Wing, and North West is sold out. Plus only two seats left in the Norrie. Turnstiles for the NE will be open but only to let people into the NW, so that rules out Falkirk getting the NE if they sell out the East Stand. Doesn't rule out us getting the NE if sales keep going I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

and still little or no interest in the media

BBC SportScotland did a post, which was basically a copy and paste of the Dunfermline post so basically the bare minimum.

ETA that's the North West properly sold out now.

Edited by 101