Dunfermline v Falkirk

As well we shouldn't. Couple of million Falkirk fans spending their navy blue pound on Pars TV will surely fill the coffers. 😋

Pars TV is OK, nothing more than that. Main camera is OK, commentators aren't as biased as Falkirk TV or Fermer Innes at Arbroath and prone to the odd error and the sound levels can be a bit iffy. Always seems to be some sort of connection issue although it's usually resolved pretty quickly. It's better than the Pixalot streams, about par with the Falkirk/QoS/Arbroath stream and not quite as good as the one from the Wee Team along the A92. 

Well done to both sets of fans for buying tickets it has to be said, I thought the fact it was a Tuesday, the weather forecast and Falkirk having a big game not on the season tickets would have dented their sales, and our support has held firm for a good few years now but we don't always fill the home stands so to get anything like 8,000 is a superb effort.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Regarding the North East, surely we could open the 2/3 sections nearest the NW? That would still keep at least 40 yards between the fans in there and the away fans. 

Exactly with someone with a hand held reader as an extra turnstile they could easily get folk in, would be a shame to miss out when there is obvious demand.

With that surely the problem still comes with entering and exit? The turnstiles for the NE are at the back of the stand, traditionally to get to them you go around the back of the Cowdenbeath end. When you have the police out training in riot gear they're absolutely going to try and prevent any mingling between fans in perceived bottlenecks. 

My brother emailed the club this afternoon regarding the North East as he would rather sit there than main stand. The response was "At the moment the stand will not be open for tomorrow's match". To me that would suggest if the rest of the tickets currently on sale shift then they will look to open it?

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With that surely the problem still comes with entering and exit? The turnstiles for the NE are at the back of the stand, traditionally to get to them you go around the back of the Cowdenbeath end. When you have the police out training in riot gear they're absolutely going to try and prevent any mingling between fans in perceived bottlenecks. 

Have police blocking access via the east side of the ground? Open the gate at the NW turnstiles, so that fans with NE tickets go through the car park that way.

7 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Has a League 1 / Championship Playoff scheduled dates been released yet ?  Obviously in May but any specifics ?

Will be Tuesday 9th May and Saturday 13th for semi final and Thursday 18th and Sunday 21st for the final. Both legs of final will be on Alba, I’d imagine. Don’t think it’s been announced officially, but that’s the usual format. Basically, if Falkirk want to keep players sharp for the Scottish Cup final, it would make sense for them to make sure they’re in the playoffs and don’t win the league.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Have police blocking access via the east side of the ground? Open the gate at the NW turnstiles, so that fans with NE tickets go through the car park that way.

Will be Tuesday 9th May and Saturday 13th for semi final and Thursday 18th and Sunday 21st for the final. Both legs of final will be on Alba, I’d imagine. Don’t think it’s been announced officially, but that’s the usual format. Basically, if Falkirk want to keep players sharp for the Scottish Cup final, it would make sense for them to make sure they’re in the playoffs and don’t win the league.

Someone seems to be studying the dates... wonder why?

1 hour ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

I agree 100% regarding the sanitisation of the game, however we are at the mercy of the games powers.

Manys the time i got turfed out of Brockville back in the day  Never charged but a swift boot in the arse by the nice policeman and sent home.

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone got doubts over the game happening tomorrow? Surely way too much hype for dunfermline to risk not turning the heating on

USH has been repaired and was switched on on Sunday. Whether it's still working is a different matter... 😂

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Didn’t think that I was going to be able to make it tomorrow night but all good now and ticket purchased.

Officially shiteing it!

Cracking patter, like Reggie Perrin, back in the sea

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Regarding the North East, surely we could open the 2/3 sections nearest the NW? That would still keep at least 40 yards between the fans in there and the away fans. 

Seems strange  it's such a big issue. go to parkhead or ibrox tyncastle etc and segregation is just a row of high viz sitting in seats. whats the point in having capacity if you can't use it

I suspect they're just opening sections as the tickets sell so as to avoid extra expense in stewarding etc to have a few hundred in there and empty seats elsewhere. Just a hunch by the way they've opened it up bit by bit already 

Edited by Heaton