Dunfermline v Falkirk

What has actually cost us is our first 2 games of the season with a draw and a defeat against Montrose and Airdrie. We started 5 points behind Dunferline and are still 5 points behind. Both of us have dropped a few stupid points since then. The two games against Kelty stick out for us but the loss at home to the Pars may also prove critical.

However if that gap remains between now and the end of the season it can be traced all the way back to the end of July/ start of August

I do wonder how McPake will line us up tomorrow, it feels like he hasn't picked the same starting line up twice and I don't expect he'll do the same tomorrow. 

From looking at the last few Falkirk games it looks like Mackie has been playing cb? From memory he's not the biggest or the greatest in the air, if he's playing on the left with McCann outside him I wonder if he'll be tempted to play Lewis on the right to utilise his height? Or to switch that around might McGlynn be worried about the possibility of Todorov or McCann and move Henderson back one? 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I do wonder how McPake will line us up tomorrow, it feels like he hasn't picked the same starting line up twice and I don't expect he'll do the same tomorrow. 

From looking at the last few Falkirk games it looks like Mackie has been playing cb? From memory he's not the biggest or the greatest in the air, if he's playing on the left with McCann outside him I wonder if he'll be tempted to play Lewis on the right to utilise his height? Or to switch that around might McGlynn be worried about the possibility of Todorov or McCann and move Henderson back one? 

Henderson has been so much better in midfield and I think this game will suit him more than any. Despite his slender stature he loves a tackle and will probably look forward to the battles in the middle of the park. At Airdrie last week he strolled it.

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What is there to wonder? You'll be in a 5-4-1 shitting bricks and hoping for a 0-0. 

If Henderson's fit he'll be in the middle of the park, Donaldson & Mackie have been our best partnership and Henderson's been excellent in the middle of the park with McGinn.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What is there to wonder? You'll be in a 5-4-1 shitting bricks and hoping for a 0-0. 

If Henderson's fit he'll be in the middle of the park, Donaldson & Mackie have been our best partnership and Henderson's been excellent in the middle of the park with McGinn.

There's no way we'll set up like we did at TFS, imagine it'll be the same team that started Vs Alloa with Edwards in for Otoo and MacDonald in for Comrie.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is Henderson a doubt? I just assumed that was a tactical change on Saturday. Would be interesting to see Max start here but not sure if McGlynn will go that bold from the off.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully they don't set up like at TFS. At home they will be more open and if we got at them like the last game at EEP I think we will get plenty joy. I don't see us passing up the same chances we did then.

11 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Is Henderson a doubt? I just assumed that was a tactical change on Saturday. Would be interesting to see Max start here but not sure if McGlynn will go that bold from the off.

Supposedly feeling unwell and that is why he came off. Hopefully something he got over quick because he'd be a big miss in there.

Wighton, Mochrie and Todd’s subs on Saturday were all to make sure they were ‘fresh’ for tomorrow. Was surprised one of Chalmers/Hamilton and KRH weren’t subbed off as well.

If Edwards is fit, he’ll play. Assuming Comrie’s out, MacDonald will be at RB. Mochrie, KRH and Todd in a 3 behind Wighton. Unless McPake moves Todd back one, to play beside Hamilton and starts McGowan?

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Supposedly feeling unwell and that is why he came off. Hopefully something he got over quick because he'd be a big miss in there.

Hendo just needs a hand full of imodium and a cork, right as rain

Anyone know what will the play-off dates will be at the end of the season?

21 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

There's no way we'll set up like we did at TFS, imagine it'll be the same team that started Vs Alloa with Edwards in for Otoo and MacDonald in for Comrie.

Why not? I'll be very surprised if you do anything other than that. You were far too open in the first game this season playing with a back four and we really should have been more goals to the good at half time in that game.

I'll even hazard a guess at the team you'll play.

Mehmet
Macdonald Breen Bene Otoo Edwards
Hosler Hamilton Chalmers Todd
Wighton

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Falkirk fans are continually gobbing off about 'shiteing' in this thread. 

Can't beat a bit of infantile, playground, point scoring banter #Yawn!

Despite all thie gaseous matter relased on the run up, it's going to be a tight game in front of a nervous crowd. Hopefully the fans behave, the match officials have a good game and the football is a positive advert for our league.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Why not? I'll be very surprised if you do anything other than that. You were far too open in the first game this season playing with a back four and we really should have been more goals to the good at half time in that game.

I'll even hazard a guess at the team you'll play.

Mehmet
Macdonald Breen Bene Otoo Edwards
Hosler Hamilton Chalmers Todd
Wighton

No chance we play that back 5. We tried similar on Saturday and couldn’t cope with a left footer at RCB - albeit, that was Otoo, rather than Breen, but it’s still the same issue. With Comrie out, we will definitely play a back 4.

edit - would also expect Mochrie to play. He was taken off for a rest at the weekend. 

Edited by CallumPar

31 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I'd be perfectly content if we set up the exact same way tbh. Worked absolutely perfectly last time. I'd be perfectly happy to limit Falkirk to one shot in target again. 

McGlynn can get glossy eyed over corners and the Falkirk fans on here can get erect on possession stats. 

12 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Falkirk fans are continually gobbing off about 'shiteing' in this thread. 

Can't beat a bit of infantile, playground, point scoring banter #Yawn!

Despite all thie gaseous matter relased on the run up, it's going to be a tight game in front of a nervous crowd. Hopefully the fans behave, the match officials have a good game and the football is a positive advert for our league.

Absolutely no nerves from me. I've had the attitude for weeks that we are almost out of it and that tomorrow is more or less a free hit. If we get the first goal then Dunfermline will start to feel the pressure and will need to come at us.

If we lose tomorrow then we go into the play-offs as favourites in my eyes and have a cup quarter-final next week to get excited about. Still a exciting end to the season in my eyes compared to the last 3 or 4 years dross.