Dunfermline v Falkirk

8 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I imagine it's been asked elsewhere in the thread but will a PPV option be available for this match?

It's the biggest game in the SPFL so far this season and I imagine a lot of people will want to watch it.

You'll be able to watch it on ParsTv but you'll need a subscription, which will cost £15.

49 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I imagine it's been asked elsewhere in the thread but will a PPV option be available for this match?

It's the biggest game in the SPFL so far this season and I imagine a lot of people will want to watch it.

Seems to be a bit of a minefield these days where there were different rules during the World Cup  different rules for UK vs overseas viewers, different rules in different competitions etc. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a PPV option available any more (in the UK at least) for one-off games but I think it will be shown if you subscribe to Pars TV, either as a monthly or annual payment. So it depends if you think a month's subscription to that is worth your money or not. You could always pay before Saturday for the Alloa game but since that is a Saturday 3pm kick off, it'll be audio only in the UK. And it's likely to be a shite game.

53 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

7k+ sold for this apparently 

Excellent stuff. Purely from a neutral perspective I would like Dunfermline to drop points this weekend and Falkirk to beat Peterhead to set up a mouth-watering winner goes top scenario. You'd imagine a fair few extra tickets would be shifted before Tuesday night if this happened. 

Someone get BBC Alba on the phone ffs, this game deserves to be on TV.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Nice comments from a Stenny supporter. Will you be highlighting this on your show this evening?…

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Excellent stuff. Purely from a neutral perspective I would like Dunfermline to drop points this weekend and Falkirk to beat Peterhead to set up a mouth-watering winner goes top scenario. You'd imagine a fair few extra tickets would be shifted before Tuesday night if this happened. 

Sorry, but I hope you're 100% wrong in your aspirations for this game.

38 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

To warn you off, it will not be a very good game to watch. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Nice comments from a Stenny supporter. Will you be highlighting this on your show this evening?…

It'll definitely be talked about on next week's episode - it's the biggest game in the SPFL and the match that could define League 1.

I was going to say "it should be a cracker!" but having watched the highlights from the last meeting between the teams - six minutes of terrible corner kicks - I have my doubts.

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It'll definitely be talked about on next week's episode - it's the biggest game in the SPFL and the match that could define League 1.

I was going to say "it should be a cracker!" but having watched the highlights from the last meeting between the teams - six minutes of terrible corner kicks - I have my doubts.

The first game at East End was much better.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I can see more than that? Rows A-F won't become available (last 900 seats) until the upper tier sells out 

Screenshot2023-03-03at10_31_55.thumb.png.8629645c7b4734a9d104842e02542432.png

Is that not the main stand? When I looked yesterday there were onl66 seats left in the away end.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

It can't be any worse than watching Calum Davidson's anti-football. I'll be fine.

Oh, if you think 8th in the prem looks bad, wait till you see this jobberfest! Fair play for coming. Looks like it'll be a cold one. 

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Excuse me, five minutes 30 of terrible corner kicks and 30 seconds of a superbly worked corner routine that ended up with Craig Wighton emphatically putting the Pars one up, I think you'll find.

The game in Grangemouth was the definition of a McPake tactical masterclass. We'd have lost that game if we hadn't done what we did. I think Falkirk only had one shot on target. Can't remember us ever being too threatened in that game, but it did seem like injury time went on for about 200 years. Falkirk won on corners.

Saturday is inevitably going to be a shitemare game that we are going to be nervy in. I just hope we don't chuck away a lead or give Alloa early incentive and then we're having to claw a result. We just never start home games well. We should be flying out the traps to get an early goal. Proper Jimmy Calderwood stuff with about 100 attackers, then invite Alloa in to the game, and just pick them off on the counter. Inevitably, however, we're going to struggle to break them down and it is going to be nervy as f*ck, whilst Falkirk beat Peterhead extremely comfortably. If we can come out of these games at least still 5 points in front of them, it would take the bottle job to end bottle jobs for us to lose the title. 

Edited by DAFC.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Excuse me, five minutes 30 of terrible corner kicks and 30 seconds of a superbly worked corner routine that ended up with Craig Wighton emphatically putting the Pars one up, I think you'll find.

Worth remembering that there a few Falkirk weirdos on here that were adamant we couldn’t possibly have planned that corner routine/worked on it in training.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Worth remembering that there a few Falkirk weirdos on here that were adamant we couldn’t possibly have planned that corner routine/worked on it in training.

More than a few Falkirk weirdos tbf.