Queens v Clyde

Just listened to the post match interview with Charlie Cowie. He comes across as someone who has learned from his loan spell and I just hope that the management team give him a chance in the first team. He's surely a better option than Currie and will hopefully be given his chance. Okay he didn't require to do much but the only way we'll know if he's up for it is to play him regularly.

43 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Just listened to the post match interview with Charlie Cowie. He comes across as someone who has learned from his loan spell and I just hope that the management team give him a chance in the first team. He's surely a better option than Currie and will hopefully be given his chance. Okay he didn't require to do much but the only way we'll know if he's up for it is to play him regularly.

Agreed spoke very well. Done everything that was asked of him. Looked confident coming for high balls as well and take pressure off team. 

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Agreed spoke very well. Done everything that was asked of him. Looked confident coming for high balls as well and take pressure off team. 

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Surely the jersey's his then! When did we last have a keeper did that ...?

The Jury's out for me on that. I'm not knocking the boy but he wasn't exactly tested. I can recall him coming for one in which he punched it away (there's an argument he could have caught it but I'd prefer a punch over nothing). I think there was another cross later in which a FK was given but I was looking at my phone so can't comment on whether he dealt with it. There was a corner where the ball landed in the 6 yard area and he never came for it. Currie would have got pelters for it. 

FWIW I hope Cowie gets a run of games now as I've had enough of Currie. 

10 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

The thing that worried me from his interview was that he inferred that it would be Grant Murray's decision as to whether or not he would be staying with Queens or heading back to Gartcairn for another loan spell.

I really don't want Grant Murray making any decisions.  I'd much prefer it if he just to sloped off into obscurity and we had someone other than him in the - cliche alert - "hotseat".

Yesterdays game was a tough watch. 2 terrible sides playing in equally bad weather. Neither team particularly deserved to be walking away with 3 points. 
Clyde were the better team first half, without actually doing much. Queens the better team second half, especially the last 20 minutes or so.

One shot on target the entire match, taking a bad deflection, being the difference between the two sides. 

Its 90 minutes I’d never want to see again. 

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterdays game was a tough watch. 2 terrible sides playing in equally bad weather. Neither team particularly deserved to be walking away with 3 points. 
Clyde were the better team first half, without actually doing much. Queens the better team second half, especially the last 20 minutes or so.

One shot on target the entire match, taking a bad deflection, being the difference between the two sides. 

Its 90 minutes I’d never want to see again. 

Awful game but there was no big deflection for the goal.