Queens v Clyde

We are a club in free fall - I couldn’t bear to watch us in the 90s when we were absolutely pitiful and the standard looks menacingly similar. Not prepared to make a 4 hour round trip to home games until this shambles gets sorted. Delighted I didn’t travel - sounds truly awful.

Depressing 

Infuriating

Embarrassing 

Angry

Scunnered

These are the polite words I’ve decided to use this week to describe my feelings about this Clyde team , squad, club and this fecken season!

For final time I’ll say it… Lennon’s recruitment has totally wrecked us!

Get 2022 well and truly in the bin!

34 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Depressing 

Infuriating

Embarrassing 

Angry

Scunnered

These are the polite words I’ve decided to use this week to describe my feelings about this Clyde team , squad, club and this fecken season!

For final time I’ll say it… Lennon’s recruitment has totally wrecked us!

Get 2022 well and truly in the bin!

Other than the part about Lennon, that exact post could be applied to Queens. 

That was absolutely abysmal today. Two genuinely fucking awful sides on show. I don't care that we had players out. Other than Connelly (who lets face it, has barely featured lately anyway) that was about our "best" 11. Currie has been shite so he wasn't exactly a loss. 

We managed to score with our one bit of quality today but Clyde can feel hard done by there. No one deserved to win that shitshow. I've said for weeks that I'll take appalling 1-0 wins all day long. If we can do that against a side sitting 3rd I'd take it. Maybe expecting too much but I want a wee bit better against the side sitting 9th. 

Please don't hire Murray or it shows an incredible lack of ambition. I don't think I've ever been this angry after a QoS victory. 

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Other than the part about Lennon, that exact post could be applied to Queens. 

That was absolutely abysmal today. Two genuinely fucking awful sides on show. I don't care that we had players out. Other than Connelly (who lets face it, has barely featured lately anyway) that was about our "best" 11. Currie has been shite so he wasn't exactly a loss. 

We managed to score with our one bit of quality today but Clyde can feel hard done by there. No one deserved to win that shitshow. I've said for weeks that I'll take appalling 1-0 wins all day long. If we can do that against a side sitting 3rd I'd take it. Maybe expecting too much but I want a wee bit better against the side sitting 9th. 

Please don't hire Murray or it shows an incredible lack of ambition. I don't think I've ever been this angry after a QoS victory. 

Let’s be honest the squad that has been assembled is dreadful packed full of players that neither have the desire or ability to “make a difference” on match days. Some may be able to impress on a training pitch but when it comes to the crunch it is just so poor. Hopefully a new Manager can move a few on and make some shrewd acquisitions. Easier said than done. Just thankful that we have two teams that are clearly poorer than us or this squad would take us to League 2.

Should have got a point there, possibly more if Allan had been involved. Cuddihy has to just take a booking to stop the counter, whilst I've no idea why we ever thought Rodden was good enough. A deflected shot was probably the only way either side would score today, in fact I can't remember another effort on target.

Euan Cameron had a good game. 

One of the worst matches I’ve seen at Palmerston for a long, long time. Truly awful.
I thought Wilson was the only consistently decent player, with Todd and Gibson doing OK in spells but unable to break the monotonous ineptitude of the team as a whole, Gibson’s excellent goal excepted.  Things picked up a bit when Irving came on; he did OK considering.

Confidence and morale seemed rock-bottom, and for the life of me I couldn’t see what the game plan was. Desperate stuff.

Plenty for the new manager to get his teeth into!!

Happy New Year!!

25 minutes ago, David W said:

Should have got a point there, possibly more if Allan had been involved. Cuddihy has to just take a booking to stop the counter, whilst I've no idea why we ever thought Rodden was good enough. A deflected shot was probably the only way either side would score today, in fact I can't remember another effort on target.

Euan Cameron had a good game. 

I don't think the deflection made that much difference tbf. I think it would have been heading in regardless. The point stands though. 

Tbf, woeful as the first half was we played some decent football after the break. I’m no happy clapper but I do feel a reliable keeper and a couple o guys at the back that can actually defend and we will make the play offs comfortably. Wilson was immense second half today.

As a contest it was the sort of game that gets football a bad name. I didn't see the first 15 minutes but for the rest of the first 75 mins at least it was two teams failing to string more than 3 or 4 passes together at most on a horrible day. Crowd was better than I thought it would be in the circumstances to be fair. I thought Clyde probably just about shaded what I saw of the 1st half without remotely actually threatening to score.

I did think we improved a bit in the last 15 minutes and actually showed a bit of urgency to try to win it. Although the goal was the only shot on target we had some other good moves in that period with Irving an inch or so too short to head in McGrory's cross, the "offside" goal also. I don't think we "stole" a win, I did think in the last 15 if anyone was going to win it then it would be us, but it's certainly harsh on Clyde. It was a game that probably just about deserved to be 0-0.

'Clean Sheet' Cowie got his 2nd one in two starts. Delighted for him but he's still not had a save to make! He did what he had to do competently though. Appreciate Clyde offered comparatively little but in fairness to our defence they coped fine this time. Usually we have few problems scoring, it's defending we can't do. It was the other way round today. To be fair to Todd I thought he was the only one first half trying to do things to open the game up creatively. It's just that nothing came off for him. McGrory did well too in midfield but as the game was dying a death particularly, Wilson was magnificent in grabbing it and making things happen. The goal is a great strike (deflected or not) and credit to Lewis but before that it's all about Wilson, grabbing possession near his own goal line and leaving opponents trailing in his wake on a 60 yard run before laying it out right. Brilliant stuff, driving us forward to get the goal.

Dreadful game, important 3 points.