Hamilton Academical thread

One's been refused to go away with Scotland a couple of times. As it happens, apparently McGinn will be withdrawn from the squad but not sure if One will. 

ETA: Connor Smith's been called up for the u21s too but he's cup-tied anyway so no point keeping him. That will be a huge miss. 

Edited by accies1874

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are being linked with George Stanger by Scott Burns (along with Partick). I take it he was pretty gash for you for him to be released?

I liked Stanger.He never got a fair crack of the whip and when he did play,it was invariably out of position as a makeshift full back.

I regularly watched Reserves/Under 20 games and he strolled through games but other haddies were deemed more worthy of a game in the first team.

2 hours ago, d_t_b said:

Anyone who wasn’t in the Bay Horse tonight missed out on some party by the way 😄

I've made my reputation as a tactico nerd. Worth it for the debates with Martin as to who should play as the six? Yes imo

Edited by accies1874

Congratulations Accies. We know exactly how it feels to have Colin McGowan involved in the club, ripping the heart out of it. Hamilton have had a hard time of things on but particularly off the pitch this season and I’m sure many fans have wondered at times why they bother, days like yesterday and last night make it all worthwhile.

Can go a long way to building a bond between the fans/players/management which could make a difference in your relegation fight too. All the best (except a week on Tuesday).

Just like to add my congratulations on winning the cup. Backs to the wall after the sending off but your team dug deep and held out. 

With the season you're having (much like ours) the cup win will give you supporters, the players and management a big lift, so enjoy it.

But I still hope we finish the league above you.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Got to hope the players and management will take a lift from this and the fan reaction they received to turn the season around (at least that’s what I told two of the players in the bay horse and they 100% definitely took it to heart and weren’t just humouring me talking drunk pish).

As much as the day out was good yesterday I would have took a 5-0 pumping if it guaranteed we stayed up, but hopefully we can achieve both goals 🔴⚪

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

10 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Hi all, I’m a shirt dweeb. Why were you wearing a new Joma kit in the cup final?

We didn't have enough of our normal shirts to fix them up with the sleeve patches etc