Hamilton Academical thread

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Can I ask some questions. Apologies if already well documented.

Whatever happened to the £million pound fraud that took place?

Has that just been written off?

I am in the minority but I am not sure it happened as reported. With some of the dodgy dealings that have gone on ........

17 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Meanwhile, some fans have allegedly been threatened by associates of the said Director who are members of an Old Firm hooligans group.

The same Old Firm hooligan group who were despatched swiftly and without fuss outside The Greenfield Club years ago by a Hamilton group with less than half the numbers.😂😂😂😂

Heard that as well Colin…. They know their place and if they dare to get involved the same outcome will be had again ……😉

Edited by G51 Red
Canny spell

One of the guys who is an Admin was given a Half Price Season Ticket Book as a Christmas Present by his kids and is now banned.

In other news,The Stadium Bar is closed tomorrow...not that any Accies fans would have been there anyway but just a head up for The Clyde fans.

11 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

One of the guys who is an Admin was given a Half Price Season Ticket Book as a Christmas Present by his kids and is now banned.

In other news,The Stadium Bar is closed tomorrow...not that any Accies fans would have been there anyway but just a head up for The Clyde fans.

How would the current owners ever have dealt with Ian “Fergie” Russell?

You guys and gals need to stand up to these charlatans.

Remember it’s your football team.

They are merely custodians. 

28 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Evening all

If Hamilton dont own ground (accordong to a Accies fan on here last week before anyone goes off on one!)

Who does and where does the stadium bar takings if safe time to ask

Both our clubs in sorry state of decline with my lota decision hinging on Glaagow city council approving our application for crownpoint

See you in the Lowland league in 5 years time if there even is Clyde FC at that point

There are 2 seperate companies, the football club and the stadium company. The football club are tenants of the stadium company. Both are owned by Colin Mcgowan although if he could sell off the club and keep his stadium he would be very happy. All profits from catering, hospitality, trackside advertising and stadium sponsorship flow through his stadium company. 

Got you

Then Clyde come along with Circa 60k rent per season not including the fireworks displays and add ons

Maybe see one or two of tomorrow night if i can persuade my wee girl to come along again to keep me company as our support is near on nothing

Sad times, One of us will survice this and im certain not my lot

Aw the best. Truly mean it🇾🇪

What's going on with the Accies board then, just banning everyone they don't agree with on social media? That's absolutely incredible behaviour, I bet some of our old board wish they'd thought of that. 

Sounds like you need to get them hounded out the club pronto. I've always enjoyed a bit of needle between our games, but honestly wish you best in getting these c***s out. Awful watching people ruin the club you love. 

42 minutes ago, thistledo said:

What's going on with the Accies board then, just banning everyone they don't agree with on social media? That's absolutely incredible behaviour, I bet some of our old board wish they'd thought of that. 

Sounds like you need to get them hounded out the club pronto. I've always enjoyed a bit of needle between our games, but honestly wish you best in getting these c***s out. Awful watching people ruin the club you love. 

Sadly it is Groundhog Day aka the 1990's when we had Public Meetings,Sit Ins ,Petitions and put a candidate up for the local By Election.

Back then over £7Million disappeared from the sale of the old Douglas Park.You can safely say the old Board didn't have the best interests of the club at heart.

We were left with £650,000 to build a ground.Hence,why we only have two Stands which most folk don't realise.

The original plans were for a stadium similar to Utrecht and then the extra £2million from the overage for The Retail Park was for building a roof.

Sadly ,Robert Gibb(Flamingoland) Owner died in a car crash coming from Yorkshire on his way to a Board Meeting to oust Watson,Stepek(Fulston)etc once and for all.

The devious Jim Watson(rest in hell) bought his Shares from his grief stricken wife who didn't know who she was selling to.The old corrupt Board were then back in charge.

Alistair Duguid,Chief Executive/Director(Accies lifelong fan), David Campbell,Building Company Owner and JohnMcGuinness,Lottery Winner were ousted and JohnMcGuinness went to Livingston.

It is hard enough supporting a team in an Old Firm area without adding Owners not acting in the best interests of The Club/Supporters to the mix.

Soul destroying having to go through this all again.

I

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

40 minutes ago, thistledo said:

They are banning mods because they don't agree with posts on the site which is incredible - Tynie better watch out 😂. Our board have always been poor at fan communication but new director GS has taken it to a whole new level.

The bans are power plays, using stadium access as leverage to blackmail completely innocent supporters into giving up information that they don't even have. If that's how they want to treat fans then I have no interest in giving them another penny. 

It's also worth pointing out that another innocent fan got banned after Auchinleck last season because the club wanted to make an example of him after fans voiced discontent, so they've got previous for this pish even before the latest buffoon arrived which is why I'm reluctant to solely blame him. 

18 hours ago, Alfie Olek said:

There are 2 seperate companies, the football club and the stadium company. The football club are tenants of the stadium company. Both are owned by Colin Mcgowan although if he could sell off the club and keep his stadium he would be very happy. All profits from catering, hospitality, trackside advertising and stadium sponsorship flow through his stadium company. 

Exactly the same as what they did nearly 20 years ago with us. The club and stadium got split and have never been together since. Back in 2005 social media wasn't as big so any dissenters couldn't get identified as easily. I genuinely hope Accies fans can get them chased out.

It speaks volumes about the lack of safeguarding in Scottish football during the early 2000s that a man could threaten to level the stadium of one club in 2005, only to get involved in another pretty much immediately.

I want McGowan gone, he is only interested in his own pet projects. However, the way Ronnie tells it, it was McGowan that alerted him to the seriousness of Accies situation back in 2003. OK, he probably had selfish reasons for it, but, playing devil's advocate, maybe we wouldn't have had the fun we've all had since then without him. Dons tin helmet!