Hamilton Academical thread

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I think someone over at Accies World recently found that the rent's recently been upped from 40k to 50k so not quite that bad but it's not great. 

Do we not get most of that back, though? I don't think we actually pay that much to play there.

9 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Accies v Clyde in Challenge Cup coming up..

THIS game could seriously get fitba stopped, actually suprised JR hasnt worked out (yet) or maybe problem lies deeper...

The real facts are you own your ground, Core support of 1000 and a board that could invest anytime & bring up a Wolves U21 striker..

We have none of the above and are fighting out a bit of glasgow council land with a new WOS team fae brigton who didnt want to submit a joint application (Well i wonder why!)

Happy Friday Guys and Keep the faith😉

BIB, aye that may have been our core support about 2/3 years ago. Think we would be lucky if we had a core support of 500/600 now

And we have a board, well McGowan at least, who is only interested in his pet homeless/ addiction charity and does not give a flying feck about football or Accies

2 signings not that we care. Dylan McGowan on loan is one of the most meh moves ever. Boils my piss that the club always call these a ‘temporary transfer’ just say loan fs.

Some youngster from Stoke.

Loan signings are about all we will get in the position we are in. Won’t keep us up.

We've actually made some good signings the last couple of January windows. Anderson, Lawson and O'Reilly all had positive impacts and even Kennedy contributed to staying up last year. f**k knows about these two. 

27 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Things just get better and better as a board member has now apparently gone to the police about posts on a club Facebook page and has threatened fans with legal action. That'll improve things.

Did your BoD go to the same PR Class ours did last year?

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Well that's folk banned now for comments they either made or didn't make on social media. I'll be patching home games for the rest of the season or until this shambles is sorted. 

There are loads of Accies fans doing the same - me included - but Gerry told me the club don't want folk like us at games anyway.

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

It's been really sad to see Hamilton's collapse and pretty hard to comprehend from the outside. Hope the fans and some decent folk can rescue the club. Not looking brilliant presently.

Crowds have been dwindling for years due to a crap product on pitch and a board who are far more interested in charity than football. Imploded recently and unless we get a millionaire investor - which is not going to happen when you can buy the club but not the ground we are on the Lowland League express.

Would not be surprised if we were ground sharing with Caledonian Braves and playing LL football within 5 years.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

There are loads of Accies fans doing the same - me included - but Gerry told me the club don't want folk like us at games anyway.

Yeah those comments have just cemented my position. The email I got from Struthers when I explained my position was a bit more reasonable, albeit a stock response. This guy is just a complete clown with a gigantic yet fragile ego.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

...Would not be surprised if we were ground sharing with Caledonian Braves and playing LL football within 5 years.

Guess there's always Castle Park in Blantyre as well if the Vics would take a lodger. Stirling Albion and Clyde have similar sized home supports to Accies and have flirted with it so it's not completely inconceivable that a very badly run Accies could wind up in that predicament if there's no Ronnie McDonald or Jan Stepek type figure around.

Can I ask some questions. Apologies if already well documented.

Whatever happened to the £million pound fraud that took place?

Has that just been written off?

We were told at a fans forum by then owner Ronnie McDonald that they had appointed lawyers to take on the Bank and they were expecting to get money back or words to that effect. Never heard another peep so not surprisingly the lawyers failed.

More fans banned including one of the guys on The Only Accies Podcast/Admin on WAH Facebook Forum and folk who say they have proof that this new Director made up the fake profile...allegedly of course.

The dormant Accies Supporters Association has come out of mothballs with a statement declaring an Open Public Forum is now essential and all fans to be reinstated and not banned.

Meanwhile, some fans have allegedly been threatened by associates of the said Director who are members of an Old Firm hooligans group.

The same Old Firm hooligan group who were despatched swiftly and without fuss outside The Greenfield Club years ago by a Hamilton group with less than half the numbers.😂😂😂😂

You couldn't make this crap up, but the sad fact is now  the few fans remaining will now give up and the team will suffer even more.