Hamilton Academical thread

43 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Never forget it is our club and it will be one day again  once we have despatched the latest "gang" as we did in the dark homeless period.

I have been watching Accies for 46 seasons and bar a couple of short spells, we have always had people running the club acting not in the best interests of the supporters of the club.

If people completely give up-as sadly roughly 60% of our fan base have- we may not even have a club to save.Hang in there as we are in another period of self-inflicted decline and it may get much worse before it can be salvaged.

I admire your optimism, but it's clear there is a bombproof asset stripper in charge of the club.

The difference between now and the homeless years is that there is value to be made from the club going out of business.

Short of a multi millionaire appearing out of the blue McGowan is going nowhere.

Six defeats in a row. Four points from the last thirty nine. Our worst league run since 1988/89 but we were at least a Premier League team then. I can see twelve defeats in a row incoming, looking at the fixtures. Maitland and Co have no ideas, no vision but at least Allan shows up, Ronnie probably in corporate at  Ibrox today. A year and a bit from now, I'd bite your hand off for eight place in League One.

Edited by Owsley

Some bizarre things today even by Accies pretty bonkers standards. Would imagine Gerry S will resign as a director and disappear into the distance with the money he told us on a hourly basis that he had invested in the club.

He's playing the hacked card now as he's in Spain currently and the account had been logged into from UK. This is also not taking into account that a Hamilton Accies Director has (allegedly) set up a fake Facebook profile to like all his comments and back him up. The whole thing is absolutely wild and from what I gather there's more to come. Popcorn at the ready 

Scottish football is undefeated 😂

You know things are bad at Hamilton when someone at the club in a position of power posts that and theres multiple people that could be the culprit. My first thought was it had Dave Mackinnon sitting with a glass of wine written all over it. 

So our recent greatest hits include, HAFC board comments today, asking fans to go to a rangers v celtic b game, signing injured players who haven't played yet, signing a player who left without playing a game, taking all summer to change manager and missing most of the decent signings, jobbygate, chairman I think saying he has never been to an away game, tribunal screwing us over lewis ferguson and losing a million to a Nigerian fraudster, why do we not have a netflix series? What have I missed?

55 minutes ago, Crh2021 said:

So our recent greatest hits include, HAFC board comments today, asking fans to go to a rangers v celtic b game, signing injured players who haven't played yet, signing a player who left without playing a game, taking all summer to change manager and missing most of the decent signings, jobbygate, chairman I think saying he has never been to an away game, tribunal screwing us over lewis ferguson and losing a million to a Nigerian fraudster, why do we not have a netflix series? What have I missed?

Doesn't get talked about enough but remember at the start of the season after we conceded a late goal the annoucer told us where the exit was.

Accies v Clyde in Challenge Cup coming up..

THIS game could seriously get fitba stopped, actually suprised JR hasnt worked out (yet) or maybe problem lies deeper...

The real facts are you own your ground, Core support of 1000 and a board that could invest anytime & bring up a Wolves U21 striker..

We have none of the above and are fighting out a bit of glasgow council land with a new WOS team fae brigton who didnt want to submit a joint application (Well i wonder why!)

Happy Friday Guys and Keep the faith😉

Edited by shawfield shed boy

4 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Accies v Clyde in Challenge Cup coming up..

THIS game could seriously get fitba stopped, actually suprised JR hasnt worked out (yet) or maybe problem lies deeper...

The real facts are you own your ground, Core support of 1000 and a board that could invest anytime & bring up a Wolves U21 striker..

We have none of the above and are fighting out a bit of glasgow council land with an new WOS team fae brigton who didnt want to submit a joint application (I wonder why!)

Happy Friday Guys and Keep the faith😉

I understand why think this is the case, but no, we actually don't...

1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Ah ! Wasnt aware but i assume you dont pay 70k a season off your playing budget to rent like ourselves or.......

I think someone over at Accies World recently found that the rent's recently been upped from 40k to 50k so not quite that bad but it's not great. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I think someone over at Accies World recently found that the rent's recently been upped from 40k to 50k so not quite that bad but it's not great. 

Jeez.!!

I thought sale of Douglas park paid for NDP a bit like StMirren, Airdrie, STJohnstone new grounds as oppose to our lot getting turfed out with a black bag of belognings from the Kings who only owned various bookmakers, pubs,nightclubs,restaurants and G101s and still do!!

Route of all evil is indeed greed and if GCC dont approve our application for crownpoint we.ll be a LL team within 5 years max, Sadly..

You guys will turn the corner im certain & ffs go easy on us next midweek

Edited by shawfield shed boy