Dundee V Arbroath

Arbroath thoroughly deserved that so well done to them. 

By far our worst performance of the season. Goalkeeper at fault for three of the goals, then we somehow give away possession in midfield when under zero pressure, and there’s the fourth. 

It all hinged on the timing of the third goal. The momentum was with us after the equaliser but it was killed stone dead after failing to deal with yet another set piece. 

Oh well. Happy New Year…

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robertson with one of the worst performances I've witnessed in a long time. 

Marshall not much better.

Terrible all over.

Totally agree. I think most of us would love to see young Fin make it but he was garbage today. And Williamson, for all his good work recently, that was crazy stuff, 2 bookings in 5 minutes. 
What was Ledzgins like with the first? The no saves goalkeeper. 
If anyone was going to scud us I’m glad it was Arbroath. 

Obviously hate getting beat but if someone's got to beat us then I don't mind it being Arbroath.

New winger looks a player for you guys, the striker is a unit and the CM was part of a midfield that dominated ours.

We on the other hand need to keep Robertson well away from the first team. Sign a new LB and get Robinson back to fitness ASAP.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

By far our worst performance of the season. Goalkeeper at fault for three of the goals, then we somehow give away possession in midfield when under zero pressure, and there’s the fourth. 

It all hinged on the timing of the third goal. The momentum was with us after the equaliser but it was killed stone dead after failing to deal with yet another set piece. 

Oh well. Happy New Year…

Completely agree with all that too. 
He’s a terrible, terrible keeper. 

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Oh well. Happy New Year…

Absolute howler for the first but don't think he had a chance with the other 3 tbh.

Probably time for Lawlor to get a go again though.

31 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You wouldn't have thought we'd have kept a bunch of clean sheets before this fans 😆

Fair play to Arbroath, had us beat from minute one and totally deserved the win. I almost want to give our team credit for pulling back a two-goal lead while a man down, but immediately letting it go is ridiculous. Completely beaten, and probably one of the worst results in club history. Thankfully we've had a good run of late and if we react properly we can get this behind us quickly.

Our two biggest crowds of the season and they've had to witness two utterly shite performances. I expect changes for Friday.

I like this but the one of the worst results in our history is a bit fkn wild 😂 you’re in the Championship a decent amount and these results happen all the time down here

First of all fair play to Dick Campbell. Yes we barely have any players but throwing in the 3 new boys straight in deep end was a big call. El Mhanni was outrageous at times. Balde very tidy and had a good game. Big man didn’t get too much of a sniff but he worked away well enough. 

Gold, Stewart and McKenna in particular were superb. All 3 massive shift and that’s the McKenna we saw last season. I like him so much better in middle of park. 

Hamilton and ToB ropey at times but 2 massive goals from them. Poor for the first Dundee goal though. Bitsindou bit dodgy today but had a good second half and Oakley what a ball for that 4th. He’s a player him and I’m praying we can keep him. 

Gaston done all he could do. 

Hilson great header and I feel like it’s kind of a sign, missing that chance in the first game at Dens and the run we went on after and then scoring today…. Love it. Bobby must have looked at El Mhanni and thought thank f**k it’s not all on me now and he done well coming on. 

Great game, great scenes at the goals (even the Dundee one) and a very very very enjoyable afternoon worth every penny of that £24.

Great crowd from Dundee today too. Fair play. Very enjoyable watching the Derry empty though after the 4th.

Happy New Year

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolute howler for the first but don't think he had a chance with the other 3 tbh.

He failed to command the box at all three set-piece goals, and also made a howler for the first.

Dundee were a bit keech over the piece. Arbroath had one of these days when everything went right for them. Still think it was a soft sending off - I had a clear view of it. 

The Dundee right sided midfielder had his opposite number in his back pocket but kept over-running the ball. 

I bought a ticket for the south stand this morning and was told it was nearly sold out, yet loads of empty seats. 

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

He failed to command the box at all three set-piece goals, and also made a howler for the first.

I do think he is showing issues with commanding his box since he's came back into the team but the other goals aren't on him.

I've defended him a lot this season but the first goal was very poor and enough on its own to see him dropped IMO.

Well played Arbroath - frailties of Dundee squad in full view. Central pairing of two cloggers and two limited ability full backs too much to bear. (Kerr fell out with Bowyer when subbed but probably picked the wrong game to do it- gave away needless foul for first goal and was skinned a few times by MoM El-M). 

I see Robertson getting a lot of hate but other than losing possession for 4th I felt he suffered from little support from McGee/McMullan and Williamson from sitting in the dressing room. 

Times change quick Mr Bowyer and tactically you were caught out today.

Dundee goalie at fault for first but didn't think he had much chance with the other three- fault was not winning first headers. 

Usual scenario- big crowd at home and we fail to deliver. 

Hopefully a few fresh faces can be secured in January. 

13 minutes ago, frank the pole said:

I see Robertson getting a lot of hate but other than losing possession for 4th I felt he suffered from little support from McGee/McMullan

I would tend to agree with this, he had no options on with all the players running away from him.

Fantastic Dens park performance from Arbroath thoroughly deserved victory with the new guys slotting in well especially El-Mhanni who was superb. Mckenna was also right back on it best from him for a while but whole team were great. The third goal was huge scoring so soon after Dundee had equalised and glad we kept going forward in the 2nd half instead of sitting on our lead. Great start to the year hope we keep it going.