Clyde versus Alloa

Is it possible for us to get much worse,we've been heading this way for a while now.Players out of position constantly,and on poor form.A lot of cracks being papered over in the last couple of months.Nice knowing you Brian Rice.We've got on paper a strong team on the park,so no excuses for this.We couldn't keep a draught out,never mind an opposition player.

Edited by Alloa 68

56 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Majority of their subs would walk into oor tean...

They should probably be walking into the Alloa team in all honesty. Absolutely bonkers playing a good right back at centre half when you have good centre halves on the bench.

We have been the better side and deserve to be ahead despite conceding the usual dreadful goal. Cameron has actually played well. Cuddihy has been tremendous, he'll be injured soon.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

They should probably be walking into the Alloa team in all honesty. Absolutely bonkers playing a good right back at centre half when you have good centre halves on the bench.

We have been the better side and deserve to be ahead despite conceding the usual dreadful goal. Cameron has actually played well. Cuddihy has been tremendous, he'll be injured soon.

This.If opposition fans can see the insanity of Rice's tactics of playing Taggs and Kev out of position,then I rest my case,get Rice to f**k a.s.ap.Absolute lunacy again from our tactical mastermind,constantly does this,I'm actually boiling with rage,as you might have guessed by now.

Clyde fans don't need to worry,at this rate Clyde will overtake us in the league anyway,you were the better team.We are absolutely rank.Sammon is a waste of a shirt,we play our better players out of position,and Rice is a bang average manager.We are now sliding down the league,and it's hard to see us improving anytime soon.This has been on the cards for some time now.

Scougall at right back with Taggart at centre back and that trio of centre backs on the bench is a serious war crime. Ross Lyon actually did alright as a centre-back at times despite being utterly done for the opener, so fair play. Would not want to be continuing that experiment against better teams though. We really need a big man up top if we're going to turn these hard fought draws into wins

ETA: the penalty definitely looked in to me on first viewing and it's hard to argue against that from the replay. Summative of the piss-weak tinpot refereeing at this level that there was some doubt over it for a good 10 seconds, though

Edited by the_bully_wee

I thought it was in at the game, and that it was a penalty in the first place. A rare occasion where I leave a game not cursing Alan Newlands.

It's a shame, as being 2-1 ahead and playing a half with no real chances at either end, we should have got the win. Allan and Cameron were diabolical after the break.

A bad 2 points to drop but with how poor we were tonight it could have been worse than that. 

Said on the podcast this week that Taggs is an excellent centre half but it doesn’t really make sense keeping him there with all our centre halves (bar Devine) now fit - Cawley hardly kicked a ball tonight until he was moved in to midfield. 

I would have hooked Sammon at halftime (if not earlier) as nothing was working with him and we looked much better the instant he was replaced As much as I love Robbo, I would have replaced him rather than Miller at the break as I thought that was about the poorest 45 minutes he’s played in an Alloa shirt. Also thought Miller looked ok in the first half. 

Positives I would say were MacIver, whom I would start up top for Sammon for a few games and Offord who was pretty lively and took his goal well. Also good seeing Stanger back although he looked a little leggy towards the end, understandably. 

46 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Clyde fans don't need to worry,at this rate Clyde will overtake us in the league anyway,you were the better team.We are absolutely rank.Sammon is a waste of a shirt,we play our better players out of position,and Rice is a bang average manager.We are now sliding down the league,and it's hard to see us improving anytime soon.This has been on the cards for some time now.

As much as it is frustrating, we are only 4 points off 2nd and 18 ahead of Clyde..

I thought Clyde gave a decent showing tonight and Alloa were very poor, which makes the result all the more frustrating. I didn’t think the penalty was a penalty, and from where I was sat about level with the 18 yard box, it didn’t look like it crossed the line (although It may well have).

It seems as though there’s been a slight mentality shift from the clear malaise you could see at the end of Lennons tenure, but it’s definitely too little too late at this point in terms of the league. If we keep putting in performances like that and get a few more wins on the board, hopefully we can carry a bit of momentum into the playoffs. It’s just got to be about keeping the players on board until then with such a big gap between us and Kelty.

Neil Parry told me he saw the (I assume behind the goal?) footage and it's over the line. Looked to me like Allan's and Taggart's efforts both hit the bar and bounced in before coming back out. Thought they got rid of those square goalposts because of too much dodgy bounces?

We lacked much creativity in the first half. The best moments were always coming from an individual taking on his man in the final third as we just didn't link up coherently at all. Subs stretched the game in our favour although it was a good end to end contest for those 20 minutes before fading out not long after the penalty as Clyde ran out of steam. All in all a sore result.