2023 Euro stage game March squad and line up

Craigieboy86

15 hours ago, NickMcG said:

I know there's history there but I wonder if Ryan Fraser doesn't feel a little bit hard done by. Clarke is picking players that are hardly playing after all.

f**k him. Almost every manager he's ever had has twigged him as a treacherous rat. 

Hope we don't see him again.

Ferguson has been good the last few games for Bologna. He's in with a chance of starting. He drifts about the midfield, getting into good forward positions between the midfield and defence of the opposition and also pulling wide to deliver crosses. 

Against Cyprus, I hope we go with Dykes and Adams and revert back to starting Adams upfront on his own against Spain. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I think Hanley has benefitted from playing in the middle of a three for us and I'm not sure how he'd do in a two. His recovery pace is obviously great but it would put all of the ball-playing on Porteous (Hendry's passing is pretty poor but his carrying and composure are at least better than Hanley). 

I would honestly rather play with 9 or 10 than play with the useless carthorse Hanley. A Container Ship in the Panama Canal could turn quicker than Hanley. He will get torn apart from Spain and the One Man Team Haalway but such is Life.

Genuinely think Hanley has been much improved and steady enough under Clarke. People remember the bombscare Centre Back that played for Scotland but sat in the stands for Newcastle, however over the past couple of campaigns, I think he has been nothing but steady and not the cart-horse that you refer to him as.

On 17/03/2023 at 14:17, gannonball said:

Yeah he shades it over Craig Samson for me. Special mention to any St.Johnstone being called up too obvs.

Gary MacKenzie for me.

4 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

McTominay has barely played since the start of the season, and has looked poor when he has.

He has 32 appearances this season, including 13 starts, despite a spell out injured. It's hardly as though he's been rotting in the reserves.

On 18/03/2023 at 19:12, Binos said:

I like him

But aye Mctominay or Ferguson more likely 

On 19/03/2023 at 17:52, dundeefc1783 said:

Is there any chance that Lewis Ferguson could force his way into the starting 11. 

Seems to be having a really good season in Italy. Could he play in behind Che Adams instead of Christie?

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

I wonder if we might end up going with a back three purely due to having so many CBs injured. McTominay and Tierney flanking Hanley. 

On 17/03/2023 at 16:51, No_Problemo said:

McNulty is several levels of shite below Burke IMO! As poor as he is, Burke has scored a couple of goals in the Bundesliga this season. 

Multiquote , it WORKS !

Che better watch out , Leeewis scoring again for Bologna !!!

Sorry but McTominay is still not a RCB.

Alan McInally !

6 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Multiquote , it WORKS !

Che better watch out , Leeewis scoring again for Bologna !!!

Sorry but McTominay is still not a RCB.

Alan McInally !

Would far prefer Porteous in at rcb than Mctominay 

Porteous I see has been playing that exact position for Watford 

I was there in 1984 when we beat Spain 3-1. Two goals from Mo Johnston and a blinder from Kenny Dalglish

The line up

Leighton

Nicol, McLeish, Miller, Albiston

McStay, Souness, Bett

Dalglish, Johnston, Cooper

What’s amazing is the strength in depth and the guys who weren’t in the side.

Gough on the bench, Hansen didn’t even make the bench, Archibald leading scorer in Spain with Barcelona, Strachan, Wark, Sharp

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hendry out is a huge blow, that excellent partnership from the first two games of our last triple header now completely gone. 

I can see a return to a back 3 in these games if I'm honest both because Robertson's back available and we don't have a great choice of centre halves to play a natural 2. 

I'm a Blackburn fan and Hyam has been a superb signing. Very consistent performer and has played RCB & CCB in a 3 at times and both sides of CB in a 2 so can slot in in a few areas whatever formation we decide to play if called upon.