St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

When I was writing that I was thinking back if he'd ever done that when he was with us. I can't think of one, although I seem to remember Samson doing it once or twice, but that'd likely be under Ross. Can't think of Alnwick or Hladky ever being out of their box let alone up for a last minute corner. You feel Carson has it in him though.

I wouldn’t mind Carson being sent up for a last-minute corner, if it was in fact the last minute and the likelihood was that the referee was going to blow the whistle after the corner, and it was clearly do or die. The fact Aberdeen did it with minutes still to play - as eight minutes added time had been announced, was a tremendous way for Goodwin’s week to end. A pitiful white flag raising display against Celtic, an arse collapse against The 2012 AllStars, and, having gone 1-0 up against us, comedy gold all the way from then to the final whistle.

Should have stayed with the Buddies Jim. If Aberdeen offered you the gig after six decent results, if you’d racked up an entire decent season, could easily have followed an Alex Neil style path to earning genuine big bucks in Eng-er-land somewhere.

Oh well.

Edited by pozbaird

I heard Goodwin on the radio after the game describing St.Mirren as the most physical team in the league. 

Interesting. I hadn’t considered that to be the case, either now or any time in history. But maybe it’s true. 

Also not sure if he meant it as a compliment or a wee dig. 

Excellent performance yesterday and good to see the fan base on the up. Credit too, to the Fans who made the journey from Aberdeen on Xmas eve with a rail strike on. Just slightly disappointed that we didn’t get to see Miovski. Did he fall asleep on the team bus?

6 hours ago, Ric said:

:lol:

"St Mirren should be really happy because they don't see this part of the league often, Aberdeen on the other hand expect to be 3rd"

This is one of the reasons why beating Aberdeen is a pleasing result.

You seem to have edited my quote into something more like what you wish I said, but it's Christmas so fill yer boots.

3 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

I heard Goodwin on the radio after the game describing St.Mirren as the most physical team in the league. 

Interesting. I hadn’t considered that to be the case, either now or any time in history. But maybe it’s true. 

I'll be very surprised if Goodwin lasts the season at Aberdeen. Very poor tactician that got found out many times with us.

I really don't see us as being overly physical- sour grapes imo.

3 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

A manager who's just watched his team ship three penalties and earn a straight red, describing the opposition as physical, is some laugh.

Jim's in the 'talking absolute bollocks in the hope it'll detract from his failings ' phase of the downward spiral and I doubt he'll be with Dons beyond January.

26 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I'll be very surprised if Goodwin lasts the season at Aberdeen. Very poor tactician that got found out many times with us.

I really don't see us as being overly physical- sour grapes imo.

Aberdeen seemed soft as shite, as opposed to us being overly physical. 

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If St Mirren fans hadn’t posted anything about Jim Goodwin, this thread would have been about 2 pages long.

To be fair, your fans seem to be more upset about him than us.

We're just laughing that you actually gave us money for him.

Delightful.:lol:

P.S. Declan Gallagher is miles better than any of the shite that currently inhabits your defence.

36 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

What is the fucking point in us having var if they are going to f**k it up. 

The only "f**k up" yesterday was all down to your shit defenders.

VAR was magnificent compared to them.

But hey, blame VAR for a poor manager and dreadful recruitment in the summer, if it makes you feel better.

St Mirren the most physical side in the top flight? OK, so maybe Baccus, Erhahon and Gogic can pick up the odd yellow card here and there, but am I missing something? Must be our hammer throwing hatchet men Fraser, Kiltie, Tanser, Ayunga & Co.

That increasingly hot seat in Aberdeen seems to be doing weird things to Sir Jim of 2013.