St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

15 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I would if I were you. 

If you watched the game & still thought Aberdeen were “embarrassingly shite” in the game, then you’re utterly clueless. 

There’s an IKEA close to you. Maybe spend Saturday afternoons there. 

🤣

Watched the game on Alba again and it was good to see that VAR, for a change, got all the major decisions spot on. You could say "penalty" spot on.............

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but the Aberdeen defending for our third goal was magnificently shite and watching Kiltie roll it into the net from 35 yards was extremely pleasing.

I also noticed that one of the Aberdeen diddies controlled the ball with his hand before they hit the bar in the second half, so that would have been ruled out by VAR.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I also noticed that one of the Aberdeen diddies controlled the ball with his hand before they hit the bar in the second half, so that would have been ruled out by VAR.

I noticed it at the time as there was a stop for a penalty check right afterwards and folk were shiting it. I said to my mate it was an Aberbeen handball so no chance.

The St Mirren fans are right to gloat about yesterday not that I thought they played well but we were absolutely stinking after Matty Kennedy put us ahead but 2 questions need to be asked.

How bad is the league that Aberdeen are still in 3rd having lost HALF of their 18 games?

Oh and why did Mark O'Hara not take the 3rd penalty? 

Quite a few folk saying O'Hara should have taken the 3rd penalty, he didn't want to take it. He passed it onto Ayunga. Probably shouldn't have taken the 2nd penalty either after what happened with the first, thankfully the power in the shot meant Roos dived over it, because it was nowhere near the corner.

As for the 3rd penalty, its all about composure for me and Ayunga is probably the least composed finisher in the team 😂, didn't fancy him to score it. 

Didn't think the Ayunga Main partnership was paying off yesterday, then Stewart made an arse of it due to Ayungas pressuring, which is what you get off they 2.

Choking for Brophy to get a start as you know he'd score more but you can't justify dropping Ayunga or Main as they are integral as to how we play as a team.

4 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

The St Mirren fans are right to gloat about yesterday not that I thought they played well but we were absolutely stinking after Matty Kennedy put us ahead but 2 questions need to be asked.

How bad is the league that Aberdeen are still in 3rd having lost HALF of their 18 games?

Yes we were honking and still pumped you. Extremely pleasing. Also a good laugh listening to Goodwin post match…he says the same shite week in, week out. Has done since he came to us and carrying it on with Scotlands third biggest club (snigger)

6 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Just seen this post above mine. This his arse collapsed tbh, his first 2 penalties weren't the best. 

With hindsight he'd have been as well taking it anyway but he really didn't fancy it.

5 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

There's two ways of looking at it. Either the league is bad as Aberdeen are 3rd, or the league is competitive as there are so many teams with little between them.

O'Hara said Ayunga took the penalty as he felt there was a bit of mind games between him and the Roos.

16 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

If the teams below you win their games in hand Aberdeen will be 6th. You would be 5 points behind St Mirren who would be 3rd.

This is a pleasing result. That said, the final 20 was pretty shameful from us. We had the numbers yet still sat back and gave them the ball. I am still surprised that the Dons didn't find an equaliser, they had the chances. In fact, although Gogic did nothing wrong, I'd rather have Henderson on to stretch the game than Gogic who contracted us more. Not sure of Goodwin gave the keeper the nod, but it seems a touch naive considering there was still another 5 to go, and instead of a 'Jimmy Glass moment', he just looked daft, not helped by the panic within the Aberdeen defence.

13 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

There's two ways of looking at it. Either the league is bad as Aberdeen are 3rd, or the league is competitive as there are so many teams with little between them.

It's just two different perspectives depending who you support and what your normal expectations are...

St Mirren fans will enjoy the tight pack from 3rd to 12th because there's an opportunity to compete for 3rd which doesn't normally happen for them.

For Aberdeen fans, rightly or (probably) wrongly, we expect to compete for 3rd every season (although it never usually happens), so the tightly packed 3rd to 12th risks us falling to the bottom of the heap.

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's just two different perspectives depending who you support and what your normal expectations are...

St Mirren fans will enjoy the tight pack from 3rd to 12th because there's an opportunity to compete for 3rd which doesn't normally happen for them.

For Aberdeen fans, rightly or (probably) wrongly, we expect to compete for 3rd every season (although it never usually happens), so the tightly packed 3rd to 12th risks us falling to the bottom of the heap.

:lol:

"St Mirren should be really happy because they don't see this part of the league often, Aberdeen on the other hand expect to be 3rd"

This is one of the reasons why beating Aberdeen is a pleasing result.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

This is a pleasing result. That said, the final 20 was pretty shameful from us. We had the numbers yet still sat back and gave them the ball. I am still surprised that the Dons didn't find an equaliser, they had the chances. In fact, although Gogic did nothing wrong, I'd rather have Henderson on to stretch the game than Gogic who contracted us more. Not sure of Goodwin gave the keeper the nod, but it seems a touch naive considering there was still another 5 to go, and instead of a 'Jimmy Glass moment', he just looked daft, not helped by the panic within the Aberdeen defence.

He 100% gave the keeper the nod. Keeper was looking over to JG as he was heading to the halfway line, then it turned to a sprint. 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He 100% gave the keeper the nod. Keeper was looking over to JG as he was heading to the halfway line, then it turned to a sprint. 

When I was writing that I was thinking back if he'd ever done that when he was with us. I can't think of one, although I seem to remember Samson doing it once or twice, but that'd likely be under Ross. Can't think of Alnwick or Hladky ever being out of their box let alone up for a last minute corner. You feel Carson has it in him though.