St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren fans gloating = St Mirren defeat 

I'd love to call you out for that but I really can't. For us, pride is regularly followed by a fall.

That said, I had a dream the other night that we won 4-1 so stuck a massive 50p on that. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd love to call you out for that but I really can't. For us, pride is regularly followed by a fall.

Its the P&B way tbh, not just St Mirren.

With Tait recovering from his recent operation, (I think) our starting eleven would be predicted by most Saints fans with a strong bench probably containing Greive, Kiltie, Brophy, Gogic, and big Joe. Formation could be tweaked to exploit any weaknesses Robbo has spotted in the last two televised games. Wonder how Jim will approach the game. Will he stand by Roos in a game that could play a big part in determining his future? Should have signed Hladky imho.

24 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Surprised at this 

Doubt you could’ve paid me to go after the other night 

We have sold out most games this season.

With the train strike does anyone know if any trains will be running from Central Station to Paisley Gilmour Street?

Edited by betting competition

15 minutes ago, betting competition said:

With the train strike does anyone know if any trains will be running from Central Station to Paisley Gilmour Street?

Services running as normal up until 3pm apparently.....better hope there's not too much injury time!!

Brilliant effort from the Dons faithful.

Had a look on the ticketing site and home sales look pretty encouraging too.

Should be a cracking atmosphere, albeit the early kick off usually dampens that a bit.

5 hours ago, Kempes said:

With Tait recovering from his recent operation, (I think) our starting eleven would be predicted by most Saints fans with a strong bench probably containing Greive, Kiltie, Brophy, Gogic, and big Joe. Formation could be tweaked to exploit any weaknesses Robbo has spotted in the last two televised games. Wonder how Jim will approach the game. Will he stand by Roos in a game that could play a big part in determining his future? Should have signed Hladky imho.

Tait still has a couple months to go before he's fit.

Edited by FTOF

6 hours ago, betting competition said:

Are you aware that there are usually trains available from Glasgow Central to Paisley St James station, about 30 yards from the stadium ?

Obviously if you are plannng to visit a hostelry pre-match this is irrelevant. 

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Are you aware that there are usually trains available from Glasgow Central to Paisley St James station, about 30 yards from the stadium ?

Obviously if you are plannng to visit a hostelry pre-match this is irrelevant. 

Yes I'm aware of St James station but not any Aberdeen pubs near the ground (can't watch Aberdeen sober!)

Can’t say I’ve seen a great deal of Aberdeen this season, but interested in the negativity among their fans. I see they’re third and in the semi final of the cup. Is this a bad start? What would a good start have looked like?
Anyway, our home form has been superb this season, since the summer defeats to Arbroath and Motherwell we haven’t lost any, including games against both sides of the Old Firm. I expect us to keep that run going and win here.  We usually have no problem dealing with Aberdeen in Paisley - we won both home games against them last season. 
2-1

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A lot of reasons to think this will be a home win:

- St Mirren rested up & ready.   
- Dons knackered on the back of two games against the bigot brothers in 3 & a half days.  
- St Mirren home form of excellent.  
- Dons away from woeful.  

1-0 St Mirren? 

St Mirren's home form and Aberdeen's away form is a fair point, but I don't think not having played since November is an advantage for St Mirren.

Aberdeen have played two games in a week, but they hadn't played for ages before that. They should be up to speed more than St Mirren for this one.

47 minutes ago, Lex said:

Can’t say I’ve seen a great deal of Aberdeen this season, but interested in the negativity among their fans. I see they’re third and in the semi final of the cup. Is this a bad start? What would a good start have looked like?

A good start would look like not only winning two away games, not playing on our own 18 yard line for 90 odd minutes against Celtic at home, not winning 2-1 in the 94th minute against Rangers only to lose 3-2 three minutes later, for a start.