Arbroath v Queens Park

savoury 10 goals in all comps 

Murray 13 goals in all comps 

Thomas 8 goals in all comps 

So nice to see a spread of goals throughout the frontline. Murray should easily be aiming for 20 at this rate whilst savoury and Thomas are more than capable of getting 15 

Queens absolutely miles ahead of us well beaten deserved to be more more should have had a penalty too. 2nd,3rd and 4th goal are embarrassing to concede hoti terrible free kick and shitbag tackle in the queens half is equally embarrassing. 

we are stinking this season 

Wasn’t just the quality on show that impressed me. The hunger and desire to retrieve the ball when we didn’t have it was superb as well. Couple of bodies flung in front of shots on the rare occasions Arbroath got into the final third. Every single one of them contributed to a great effort.

To play the way we did in those conditions was so impressive. Loved the celebrations at Murray’s goal as well. The fans love this group of players and it feels like there is a real connection growing. That can only get stronger when we finally get home.

Superb end to a weird, but wonderful year for this ludicrous football club.

15 hours ago, DUAFC said:

You were decent, we were garbage.

A fair result  

They were more than decent, always on the move, first instinct was to look forward, with that front 3, a joy to watch

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Queens absolutely miles ahead of us well beaten deserved to be more more should have had a penalty too. 2nd,3rd and 4th goal are embarrassing to concede hoti terrible free kick and shitbag tackle in the queens half is equally embarrassing. 

we are stinking this season 

I don’t mind us being poor, we have been poor in the past, but the complete lack of energy and desire from some players, was there for all to see

The fluidity, the rotations, the triangles to play out of danger, the switch of play when it’s on or the ball between the lines. Every player getting so much right and putting in a shift. What a style and good watch. 

Great game and impressive support considering the conditions. A few Christmas songs to boot. Excellent finish to the year, Merry Christmas Spiders 🕷️🕸️

Good luck for the rest of the season Arbroath, the work done up there to grow the support has been impressive. Enjoyed the young team squaring up the the fans out of nowhere. 

1267 last night according to the BBC. Is this the start of the big drop off in attendances? I get that the weather was crap but that’s a good 4-500 fewer home fans than we’ve been getting all season. I got the feeling last night that many have had enough.

2 hours ago, ecto said:

I don’t mind us being poor, we have been poor in the past, but the complete lack of energy and desire from some players, was there for all to see

Hoti pulling out of that tackle which leads to the 3rd goal was disgraceful. Thats not what I expect from a player in a DC team. 

Queens were excellent, we were f#£kin rotten yet again, 2nd goal was so similar to Dunfermlines 2nd goal 2 weeks earlier. Lost possession from a piss poor free kick, 20 seconds later boom!! 

Was from a corner against Dunfermline same result,, unbelievable 🙈

5 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

No sign of delusional Dick Campbell post match interview yet? Also a bit of an own goal from the programme team! 

IMG_20221225_131316.jpg

His post match interview was very fair tbf, no kidding on Arbroath were the better team and also praising an excellent QP team. Couldn't really say anything else though tbh.

On 25/12/2022 at 22:02, spiders4ever said:

I thought that Arbroath worked hard right to the end despite being so far behind.  What I couldn't understand was why they continued playing high balls into the wind. Surely they should be used to the wind and keep the ball on the ground. 

You would think so, but no

• 4 months later...