Falkirk v Queens

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, no he didnt. Am I being whooshed here? 🤔

You are talking about Gibson? He started with a 0-0 v Arbroath then won 3 in a row v Ayr, Cove and Morton.

He did then have 7 defeats incl the Challenge Cup Final but he certainly didnt start with 6 straight defeats.

Yes, right enough.

I was recalling the six straight league defeats before a brief, too little, too late rally.  I had in my head that that was the entire story.  You're obviously right though - the first few games of his reign were better than that.

The point remains though, that a pretty poor points return, didn't scupper his chances while in that role.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Does him giving away a penalty excuse him for diving ?

Strange lot down there

No, it doesnt.  I'm no fan of the version of Dykes that featured for Queens.

However, it does render ridiculous the suggestion that the dive, in isolation, kept Queens up.  Obviously, it also renders you a bit ridiculous too, but that hardly seems necessary.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, it doesnt.  I'm no fan of the version of Dykes that featured for Queens.

However, it does render ridiculous the suggestion that the dive, in isolation, kept Queens up.  Obviously, it also renders you a bit ridiculous too, but that hardly seems necessary.

Perhaps you also missed the opening line of the league table doesn't lie in my post, another defeat for 🐒 

Still at least you gave up on the player mistake makes his cheating ok, one of the strangest replies I've seen from someone outside the ugly sisters supporters. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Perhaps you also missed the opening line of the league table doesn't lie in my post, another defeat for 🐒 

Still at least you gave up on the player mistake makes his cheating ok, one of the strangest replies I've seen from someone outside the ugly sisters supporters. 

Believe me.  You'll not find me extolling the virtues of Dykes in a Queens shirt, so stop talking rubbish. 

I wasn't for a moment excusing anything.  I was merely pointing out that in that game, Falkirk only stood to pick up three points before the dive, courtesy of idiocy from the same person moments earlier.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Let it go man. You were shite that season and have been shite ever since. That's the reason you've been in this cesspit so long. Not because of Dykes. In a couple of season when we're likely still down here if I was blaming an isolated incident that happened last season I'd expect to be laughed out the room. 

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, no he didnt. Am I being whooshed here? 🤔

You are talking about Gibson? He started with a 0-0 v Arbroath then won 3 in a row v Ayr, Cove and Morton.

He did then have 7 defeats incl the Challenge Cup Final but he certainly didnt start with 6 straight defeats.

I also thought he started with a few decent results but gave MT credit for having a better memory than me (wrong). The doubt in my mind over MTs post was because I remember the players doing end of game, victory runs, arms linked, towards the celebrating Queens fans. Of course those early results proved to be another false dawn. 

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Believe me.  You'll not find me extolling the virtues of Dykes in a Queens shirt, so stop talking rubbish. 

I wasn't for a moment excusing anything.  I was merely pointing out that in that game, Falkirk only stood to pick up three points before the dive, courtesy of idiocy from the same person moments earlier.

Claiming we only won because of the penalty, surely is the same as saying we only got relegated because of Dykes dive.

It was a very ugly sister fan type post with the cheating is ok if you make a mistake vibe, if you can't see that then ok 😶

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Let it go man. You were shite that season and have been shite ever since. That's the reason you've been in this cesspit so long. Not because of Dykes. In a couple of season when we're likely still down here if I was blaming an isolated incident that happened last season I'd expect to be laughed out the room. 

Another who didn't read the opening line 😶😶

The league table never lies 

Last night was basically our season in microcosm. There were some good things, we scored a couple of good goals (goalscoring isnt really our problem) and, after a dreadful 1st 15 mins, we gave as good as we got and at 79 mins the game could have gone either way. 

But not for the 1st time that defence collapsed, one mistake becomes 2 and we lose. Heavily. Not massively concerned about the 5th, that doesnt happen if we dont gamble extra players forward at 4-2. Once Morrison is one on one Hendrie cant do much other than bring him down and no point taking a red card for it at that stage.

That back line isnt good enough and hasnt been all season. Its not helped by lack of options with Morrison and East out but its been the same when they played too. Alloa was the same, dominate for an hour, lose 5-1. I'm not going to cite individuals, thats not my place, but a blind man can see the back line hasnt worked at all and needs surgery. 

As bad as we've defended at times, this division is so bad we're not out of it yet. Dunfermline will win the league clearly but the playoffs remain reachable if we could sort the defence out. Thats a massive if though.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Claiming we only won because of the penalty, surely is the same as saying we only got relegated because of Dykes dive.

It was a very ugly sister fan type post with the cheating is ok if you make a mistake vibe, if you can't see that then ok 😶

Another who didn't read the opening line 😶😶

The league table never lies 

Stop responding.  Please.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Last night was basically our season in microcosm. There were some good things, we scored a couple of good goals (goalscoring isnt really our problem) and, after a dreadful 1st 15 mins, we gave as good as we got and at 79 mins the game could have gone either way. 

But not for the 1st time that defence collapsed, one mistake becomes 2 and we lose. Heavily. Not massively concerned about the 5th, that doesnt happen if we dont gamble extra players forward at 4-2. Once Morrison is one on one Hendrie cant do much other than bring him down and no point taking a red card for it at that stage.

That back line isnt good enough and hasnt been all season. Its not helped by lack of options with Morrison and East out but its been the same when they played too. Alloa was the same, dominate for an hour, lose 5-1. I'm not going to cite individuals, thats not my place, but a blind man can see the back line hasnt worked at all and needs surgery. 

As bad as we've defended at times, this division is so bad we're not out of it yet. Dunfermline will win the league clearly but the playoffs remain reachable if we could sort the defence out. Thats a massive if though.

I thought we were by far the better team up until our goal but lacked a killer touch. Queens' free kick was your first real chance IIRC. I said to my mates I'd a feeling he'd score it and score it he did. We then fell apart and lost another goal less than two minutes later and looked shite up until half time.

The goal just before half time though was a great time to get one and the second half was never in doubt. McGlynn's team talk and substitutions were spot on. Under any of our previous three or four managers we'd have lost that after going 2-1 down.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I thought we were by far the better team up until our goal but lacked a killer touch. Queens' free kick was your first real chance IIRC. I said to my mates I'd a feeling he'd score it and score it he did. We then fell apart and lost another goal less than two minutes later and looked shite up until half time.

The goal just before half time though was a great time to get one and the second half was never in doubt. McGlynn's team talk and substitutions were spot on. Under any of our previous three or four managers we'd have lost that after going 2-1 down.

Wouldnt disagree too much albeit I didnt watch a 2nd half that was 'never in doubt'. It was 2-2 with 10 mins to go and we cerrainly had chances to take the lead, most obviously Todd's header Morrison clawed away. 

Falkirk subs improved them though. Christ knows why Burrell doesnt start. Does he save all his good games for us?

Paton should have given us a 3-1 ht lead but shaved the post and a minute later it was 2-2. And for the 2nd time this season at Falkirk we lost a goal from our own damned throw which is bloody criminal 🤬 That was a big couple of mins before the break.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wouldnt disagree too much albeit I didnt watch a 2nd half that was 'never in doubt'. It was 2-2 with 10 mins to go and we cerrainly had chances to take the lead, most obviously Todd's header Morrison clawed away. 

Falkirk subs improved them though. Christ knows why Burrell doesnt start. Does he save all his good games for us?

Paton should have given us a 3-1 ht lead but shaved the post and a minute later it was 2-2. And for the 2nd time this season at Falkirk we lost a goal from our own damned throw which is bloody criminal 🤬 That was a big couple of mins before the break.

I'd forgotten until I watched the highlights back this morning about that chance Queens had to make it 3-1. A minute later it's 2-2. Game completely changed on the tiniest of margins as you say.

just watched the highlights and really grim. Could easily have been 7 or 8. Don’t actually think the defence and goalkeeper can actually get any worse no matter who we get in. Really need to get a loan goalkeeper in at the very least. The advantage would be they should get guaranteed game time and plenty of action.

11 hours ago, MrDust said:

Does him giving away a penalty excuse him for diving ?

Strange lot down there 

5 past the Morton 3 past Clydebank

Unfortunately we don't have Clydebank to use w#nk, so license to update for 2023

Airdrie doesn’t fit in either 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was that the throw in where the ball.was nowhere near over the line? I think the queen's boy was still that shocked to get the throw in he made an arse of it.