Falkirk v Queens

Why so glum? QotS have a good day (and you are still capable of that), and we have a bad day (and we are well capable of that), and you might well get something.

If we stick with Jekyll and leave Hyde chained to the dressing room radiator, they aye, we will win by a couple of goals. I guess it all depends on our manager making the right selections. So far, he doesn’t seem to be entirely sure on what his best XI actually is. (Hint: McGuffie and Nesbitt shouldn’t form part of it).

I had planned on going to this (stupidly) but today's total collapse again has put that plan to bed. An absolute banker of a home win here. Falkirk were average at Palmerston and absolutely destroyed us. We haven't got any better since so if Falkirk can put in a basic professional performance then it'll be another comfortable victory. 

ETA - Falkirk are somehow Evens at Bet365. There's an early Xmas present for you. 

Edited by 19QOS19

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I had planned on going to this (stupidly) but today's total collapse again has put that plan to bed. An absolute banker of a home win here. Falkirk were average at Palmerston and absolutely destroyed us. We haven't got any better since so if Falkirk can put in a basic professional performance then it'll be another comfortable victory. 

ETA - Falkirk are somehow Evens at Bet365. There's an early Xmas present for you. 

Even better Falkirk are currently 11/8 on Skybet. Think of this as an early Xmas present from a diamond 😝

Screenshot_20221217-231816_Sky Bet.jpg

13 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Even better Falkirk are currently 11/8 on Skybet. Think of this as an early Xmas present from a diamond 😝

Screenshot_20221217-231816_Sky Bet.jpg

7/5 on William Hill! Thankfully Bet365 let me withdraw so I could go there instead :lol:

Getting beat by Kelty Hearts is something we have managed twice already………we aren’t exactly setting the heather alight either.

I can’t see us getting beat, but another performance like our 3-3 v Clyde, and it’s far from certain that we will win. We have gone from our defence looking sorted, to our defence returning to comedy capers……..we do concede some truly cringeworthy goals.

I think a 3-1 win is a reasoned outcome, but a 2-2 wouldn’t surprise me either……..central defence pairing is so crucial for us.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Getting beat by Kelty Hearts is something we have managed twice already………we aren’t exactly setting the heather alight either.

I can’t see us getting beat, but another performance like our 3-3 v Clyde, and it’s far from certain that we will win. We have gone from our defence looking sorted, to our defence returning to comedy capers……..we do concede some truly cringeworthy goals.

I think a 3-1 win is a reasoned outcome, but a 2-2 wouldn’t surprise me either……..central defence pairing is so crucial for us.

Will still be McKay and Mackie due to Donaldson suspension that’s unless Henderson is back from his cracked rib.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

FTFY

🎶‘Tis the season to be jolly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la🎶

Indeed! ... I was in total Reverend I M Jolly mode there tbf.

Must make a mental note of not posting immediately after a demoralising defeat - that's a lesson you'd think I'd have learned by now after decades of watching QOS.

Going to this game. My son, who is 12 years old, lives in Falkirk and supports the Bairns, so I'm taking him to our first match together.

Unsure whether to sit in the home or away end, although the majority of both sets of fans will be in the Main Stand anyway.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Must make a mental note of not posting immediately after a demoralising defeat - that's a lesson you'd think I'd have learned by now after decades of watching QOS.

We've all been there buddy!. 

2 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Going to this game. My son, who is 12 years old, lives in Falkirk and supports the Bairns, so I'm taking him to our first match together.

Unsure whether to sit in the home or away end, although the majority of both sets of fans will be in the Main Stand anyway.

Family section of the Main Stand would be the option unless he would enjoy the “atmosphere “ in the South Stand.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

QoS related threads would be fairly unvisited places if we only posted after winning. I agree about not posting after demoralising defeats but sometimes you've just got to vent your frustration while the emotion is raw. 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I agree about not posting after demoralising defeats but sometimes you've just got to vent your frustration while the emotion is raw. 

... indeed ... but so often for many of the last few seasons we take an early lead, sit back and invite the opposition on to us, we get into the last 10 minutes and then we just know what's going to happen - and of course it does happen.  Fair ruins a decent Saturday afternoon, eh?

Never mind - can't see us getting a lead to sit in on at the Bairnabeu though, solves that problem for us!

21 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We have gone from our defence looking sorted, to our defence returning to comedy capers……..we do concede some truly cringeworthy goals.

Seriously?  Two dodgy defences that concede cringeworthy goals in the same game ... should be some spectacle this ... probably should come with a government health warning.

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

QoS related threads would be fairly unvisited places if we only posted after winning. I agree about not posting after demoralising defeats but sometimes you've just got to vent your frustration while the emotion is raw. 

Yep, and there is the mandatory inclusion of a patronising sentence pointing out how utterly pish the victors were………it’s a well travelled path of amplifying your angst.

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Seriously?  Two dodgy defences that concede cringeworthy goals in the same game ... should be some spectacle this ... probably should come with a government health warning.

Ah, but we have a first choice pairing who are generally ok……..it’s when one or both are missing that things go pear shaped. I can but hope that your first choice pairing are rancid.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ah, but we have a first choice pairing who are generally ok……..it’s when one or both are missing that things go pear shaped. I can but hope that your first choice pairing are rancid.

If only we had a "first choice pairing" ...