Ayr United v Dundee

37 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Aye and we had loads chances in that game to score and if i recall correctly, a certain Dipo missing a few sitters meanwhile Queens went up the park on the counter about 3 times and scored each time. Pretty sure Kirk made his debut that night too and he was a bombscare. 

Shows how not to jump to conclusions with players too quickly! We should maybe keep that in mind for Ecrepont too...

I don’t think anyone is writing Ecrepont off, hopefully it’ll be a good learning experience for him. Unlike his competition at left back, who I’m afraid to say seems incapable of learning and developing his game. Twenty three now, and if anything appears to be regressing alarmingly. 

Another couple on injuries and McAdam will be playing centre mid. 

Dempsey missing would be a big blow, Smith is a decent prospect but he's less likely to put in the yardage that Dempsey does. 

If we start with no Musonda, Huston and Dempsey then we will be in for a long night. 

We have built a squad of about 10 forwards and 6 defenders and not one forward is injured. 

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Shows how not to jump to conclusions with players too quickly! We should maybe keep that in mind for Ecrepont too...

I remember Michael Rose getting an absolute schooling from Dobie down in Dumfries on his debut . Didn't do him any harm at all and he now is in his second or third season in the English Championship . I think Finn will be fine once he learns how to foul properly . 

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think anyone is writing Ecrepont off, hopefully it’ll be a good learning experience for him. Unlike his competition at left back, who I’m afraid to say seems incapable of learning and developing his game. Twenty three now, and if anything appears to be regressing alarmingly. 

I don't understand what has happened to Reading. He's always been a bit streaky but he's been so passive this season it's untrue. I can't remember him beating a man or puting in a decent ball all season. On the defensive side of things he might as well not be there at times. So very frustrating when you know what he is capable of. 

Edited by Trogdor

Ah now i see what the moaning on our forum was related to...

Oh dear, i was giving him the benefit of the doubt with the Christmas one he did which i thought wasn't actually too bad, this however is just back to the cringeworthy guff he did back in the day. 

Edited by rb123!

29 minutes ago, Nutbutt said:

First time going to Somerset on Friday. 

Any suggestions for child friendly places to eat before the game? Chippy etc.

Is there plenty of street parking near the ground? 

Craigie skate park is your best bet for parking, 2 minute walk to the ground and where the away buses etc usually go. Town has a few decent bits to eat in, only sit in chippy is the blue lagoon that is bogging. Tempura at the top of the town is good, Meridian and the Tudor all at the same bit. 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Craigie skate park is your best bet for parking, 2 minute walk to the ground and where the away buses etc usually go. Town has a few decent bits to eat in, only sit in chippy is the blue lagoon that is bogging. Tempura at the top of the town is good, Meridian and the Tudor all at the same bit. 

Cheers for that 

42 minutes ago, Nutbutt said:

First time going to Somerset on Friday. 

Any suggestions for child friendly places to eat before the game? Chippy etc.

Is there plenty of street parking near the ground? 

There's McDonald's next to Tesco which is about 5/10 minute walk from the stadium