Ayr United v Dundee

That was fucking crap. 

I said early in the season we can judge Bullen once the chips are down and we have a couple of bad results.

We have been dreadful for weeks and have got away with it in many cases. We had 2 shots on goal against Partick and scored both, which polished the result slightly but we were miles off it.

Tonight was a shambles and not even as a result of a makeshift defence.

Dipo playing between defence and attack, McKenzie playing almost at left back. Dundee are all over us in the first 20 minutes and then get a player send off and somehow we look worse as a result. 
They sit back and we don’t have a shot at goal, a full 90 minutes of McGinty putting through balls out for goal kicks. 3 forwards on the park that looked like they had just finished their Christmas dinner half an hour before kickoff. No urgency or interest. A Hopkins performance. 

We then go down to 10 men, with the introduction of JML. Young was dreadful all night and was replaced by a marginally better Bryden but nothing changed, much like the Thistle game, we just continued being stinking. 
One of the booked players was getting a second yellow, it was always happening. Bangala did ok and looked like he was putting in plenty of effort. There were 4-5 others that were already on their holidays. 

if we had gone down fighting with a taped up defence, I could accept it but that was shite tonight. Dundee looked a better team the first time we played them this year and we beat them. They didn’t worry us for most of the night tonight apart from the goals and a couple of long range efforts. They didn’t have to work hard for it. 

Why Dundee fans would have the fear I don't know. You have a much deeper squad than us. Arguably Kirk, Musonda,  Mullen and Dipo have been our best players this season. 3 of them missing tonight just highlighted our lack of depth. Our bench was incredibly weak. Reserve goalie and the rest mainly young boys with virtually no first team experience. So tonight was a highly predictable outcome. For the first time ever, I was tempted to bet against us. 

Bangala out of his depth I'm afraid. Bullen should have taken him off after his yellow as he was a red waiting to happen after that.

Unless we strengthen massively in January, we'll be lucky to finish above 5th. Jan 2nd v Morton away is almost as predictable as tonight. 

The only cheating being done tonight was by Bullen, in impersonating a football manager. Absolutely no idea what the intention of a strategy that consisted solely of switching it across midfield five times before aimlessly punting it was.

Bangala getting sent off pointlessly almost seems like a deliberate tactic by the manager to get an excuse in as to why Ayr couldn't put a single shot on target against ten men.

Very little today that looked better than the fucking garbage served up last season. If I were Akinyemi I'd ensure I stayed in phone reception over the holidays.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The only cheating being done tonight was by Bullen, in impersonating a football manager. Absolutely no idea what the intention of a strategy that consisted solely of switching it across midfield five times before aimlessly punting it was.

Bangala getting sent off pointlessly almost seems like a deliberate tactic by the manager to get an excuse in as to why Ayr couldn't put a single shot on target against ten men.

Very little today that looked better than the fucking garbage served up last season. If I were Akinyemi I'd ensure I stayed in phone reception over the holidays.

That's the most tears and snotters post I've read on this in a long time .away and have a lie down .

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That was fucking crap. 

I said early in the season we can judge Bullen once the chips are down and we have a couple of bad results.

We have been dreadful for weeks and have got away with it in many cases. We had 2 shots on goal against Partick and scored both, which polished the result slightly but we were miles off it.

Tonight was a shambles and not even as a result of a makeshift defence.

Dipo playing between defence and attack, McKenzie playing almost at left back. Dundee are all over us in the first 20 minutes and then get a player send off and somehow we look worse as a result. 
They sit back and we don’t have a shot at goal, a full 90 minutes of McGinty putting through balls out for goal kicks. 3 forwards on the park that looked like they had just finished their Christmas dinner half an hour before kickoff. No urgency or interest. A Hopkins performance. 

We then go down to 10 men, with the introduction of JML. Young was dreadful all night and was replaced by a marginally better Bryden but nothing changed, much like the Thistle game, we just continued being stinking. 
One of the booked players was getting a second yellow, it was always happening. Bangala did ok and looked like he was putting in plenty of effort. There were 4-5 others that were already on their holidays. 

if we had gone down fighting with a taped up defence, I could accept it but that was shite tonight. Dundee looked a better team the first time we played them this year and we beat them. They didn’t worry us for most of the night tonight apart from the goals and a couple of long range efforts. They didn’t have to work hard for it. 

I agree with most of this other than Banagala being okay… the absolute definition of no clue what he was doing. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree with most of this other than Banagala being okay… the absolute definition of no clue what he was doing. 

For making one of his first starts, out of position, beside a right back at centre half, he didn’t do anything wrong that put us under pressure other than getting sent off. As a makeshift right back, he was ok. 

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Bullens post match comments were spot on, they deserve criticism tonight 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

For making one of his first starts, out of position, beside a right back at centre half, he didn’t do anything wrong that put us under pressure other than getting sent off. As a makeshift right back, he was ok. 

we must have been watching different games because everything he did put us under pressure.

47 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We need to give Murray at least an 18 month contract and he’s not good enough for the Prem, so ordinarily it would be a ‘No’ form me. However QP are rapidly becoming our biggest challengers so if it destabilises them, we’ll maybe. Frankly I think we can do better. I can see us being 15-20 points clear at the end of the season. 

Lol, he's going nowhere. Sit the f**k doon.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was utterly abysmal.  His 2nd yellow was one of the most unprofessional things I’ve seen from an Ayr player in many a long year.  

Well that was pish from an Ayr perspective. When Dundee went down to 10 men I said to my cousin that we'd get a player sent off too. It was hard to tell who had the man advantage after the first sending off we were that poor. Some sitter we missed in the 1st half as well

I've saw enough of Bangala to wish he really was a ghost. 

You can’t really say other than being sent off though, it’s a pretty huge moment - regardless that we might have lost anyway. He gave the ball away just about every time he touched it, had no idea how to get tight to attackers, his positioning was horrific and he does nothing but clumsily jump into tackles. He is In our top five worst ever and is nowhere near professional level. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

You can’t really say other than being sent off though, it’s a pretty huge moment - regardless that we might have lost anyway. He gave the ball away just about every time he touched it, had no idea how to get tight to attackers, his positioning was horrific and he does nothing but clumsily jump into tackles. He is In our top five worst ever and is nowhere near professional level. 

I didn’t say he was good

if you think Bangala even resembled a player tonight you have a problem. A player gambled with on a pals recommendation remember clearly at the vision day that this one would be down to him, so do the right thing and pay him off in January, he would not get a game in the Juniors.

48 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

we must have been watching different games because everything he did put us under pressure.

Exactly, was it not his complete lack of positional awareness coupled with no pace whatsoever that allowed McCowan to get through for the first goal?

I think Dundee would have won even if Bangala hadn't been sent off, such was their superiority even with ten men. At least it is very clear where we need to strengthen in January in order to remain in contention for a play-off place.

19 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Exactly, was it not his complete lack of positional awareness coupled with no pace whatsoever that allowed McCowan to get through for the first goal?

The Ghost right enough, Bangala was sent off at 0-0 

Edited by diegomarahenry