Ayr United v Dundee

Think we need to have a right go tonight, best defence is offence.  I would maybe like to see Bangala in at centre back and move McAllister to right back, just to stop Ecrepont having 2 potentially bad games in a row and killing him.  I wonder if he was one of the ill ones last week, that might shed some light.  Smith for Dempsey if he is not fit.  There is the option of Mullin at right back as well.

Albinson

McAllister Bangala McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey/Smith Murdoch Chalmers

Young Akinyemi

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think we need to have a right go tonight, best defence is offence.  I would maybe like to see Bangala in at centre back and move McAllister to right back, just to stop Ecrepont having 2 potentially bad games in a row and killing him.  I wonder if he was one of the ill ones last week, that might shed some light.  Smith for Dempsey if he is not fit.  There is the option of Mullin at right back as well.

Albinson

Young Akinyemi

Yes, if we sit back we'll get stuffed, so really need to play to our strengths and get the ball out to Chalmers and Mullin as much as possible to get some quality service to Dipo and McKenzie / Young in the box.

I'm sure we'll score but I'm also sure we'll concede so just a matter of trying to rattle in as many as we can and then see what happens.

Irrespective, it's been a great season to this point and with Musonda and Kirk both due back soon then whatever happens tonight will not be terminal as regards our promotion / play off hopes.

Dundee have been on an excellent run of late and their consistency has them back up the top on merit, so whatever happens it will be a very tough test for us tonight and should hopefully be a very entertaining game.....

40 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Young Akinyemi

Yeah this is what i would go with, if Mullin plays RB and McAllister is still CB it's just going to end up a disaster with McAllister left all on his own when Mullin inevitably pushes up the wing. Bangala at CB is the best we could probably go with just now, would still have him there over McAllister as he got bullied last week against Brian Graham when he came up against an out and out striker. 

Stream bought... I'd lineup as follows:

Albinson

Mullin McAllister McGinty Reading

JML Dempsey Murdoch Chalmers

McKenzie Akinyemi

If Finn is out then Mullin goes in at right back. Bangala looks off the pace for me. JML at right mid. The right hand side could actually be a strength with Mullen and JML overlapping.

McKenzie supporting Dipo and he does love playing Dundee!

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Young Akinyemi

I would be very nervous about playing Bangala at CB. He has looked totally out of his depth any time I have seen him, so having him beside McGinty would be a disastrous combination. I would be temped to play Mullin at RB if Ecrepont is out.

I would be absolutely delighted with a draw tonight and I think we'll need a lot of good fortune even to get that.

Defeat for us tonight would be a miserable end to the year, most likely in third with the teams above us having a game in hand. 
Defeat to Morton in January and we’d almost be out the play-off places. 

Just as well we are going in to it without an injury crisis and a referee that is 100% stuck on to send an Ayr player off. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Defeat for us tonight would be a miserable end to the year, most likely in third with the teams above us having a game in hand. 
Defeat to Morton in January and we’d almost be out the play-off places. 

Just as well we are going in to it without an injury crisis and a referee that is 100% stuck on to send an Ayr player off. 

Obviously it'd be gutting to lose tonight, same goes for us but Ayr have had a fantastic season thus far.

Look at where you were when Bullet came in. Adeloye then left you and it seemed bleak.

Since then you've got the best scorer in the league, one of the best defenders in the league in Musonda and are top of the league days before Christmas. I doubt many Ayr fans thought it'd go that well!

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's a well known fact also that Steven McLean's father is an ex Killie player...

His brother Brian is also doing coaching with that lot up the road

Saying that, Mathies Dad is a Killie legend and I've seen him down at our games this season and Graeme is doing a decent job for us. Maybe Steven can be as impartial as Ross is, doubtful though 🙄

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Stream bought... I'd lineup as follows:

Albinson

Mullin McAllister McGinty Reading

JML Dempsey Murdoch Chalmers

McKenzie Akinyemi

If Finn is out then Mullin goes in at right back. Bangala looks off the pace for me. JML at right mid. The right hand side could actually be a strength with Mullen and JML overlapping.

McKenzie supporting Dipo and he does love playing Dundee!

Why do you want Albinson at the corner flag?

Edited by Richey Edwards