Ayr United v Dundee

Another win for Dundee here as the good luck match thread steamroller keeps on moving.

Ayr United's last game starting top of the league coinciding with Dipo's last game at home for Ayr United as Nelmsy gets his checkbook out in January.

Thank you.

Edited by johnnydun

With Kirk definitely out, and most likely Musonda, Dempsey and Houston we are very likely losing this. If that is the case I would go something like this - I have no idea why Bangala came on before Smith today. 

Albinson 

Mullen      McGinty      McAllister    Reading

Chalmers   Smith        Murdoch        JML

Dipo     McKenzie 

I’m not sure if JML is injured too as he wasn’t on the bench today - I guess Ashford plays if he is. 

Only other option to protect that defence is to shitfest it a bit with McKenzie and Ashford wide with Chalmers playing off Dipo. 

A draw will do us fine away from home, taking us into the long awaited January transfer window. Most  Dundee fans accepeted it would be a rocky road until the window opened with McPakes duds still at large. It was essential however to be within an achievable distance to then begin the title charge.

As it stands we're ahead of the curve and in a great place. For me if Ayr want to win this league they need to be taking full points here.

Outside Akinyemi who is absolutely class at this level there's not much for the Dees to fear. I watched Hamilton v Ayr and couldn't believe how bad Ayr were on the night but they have a match winner and fair play to them on that.

Whatever the outcome Dundee will be finishing above Ayr come May. I've absolutely no doubts about that.

Thank you.

Tickets purchased for this and hoping for a good result. Felt we were blown away at the start of the season at Ayr but still enjoyed the game, the reverse fixture at Dens felt very comfortable for us so f**k knows how this one will go. Hoping it’s not totally Baltic.

thank you 

35 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

How is Bangala doing? the twitter account(s) awaiting his arrival were a good laugh

Looks to be League 2 standard so far. He’s had enough time training and playing reserve football to not be THIS far off the pace so it’s safe to assume he’s just not good enough. 

Ayr have only lost the once at Somerset this season in the league (a bizarre battering by Queen of the South in the League Cup being the other loss there this season for them). Going by how well they play at home, a draw is more than acceptable.

I will say though that with our strong defensive streak of late coupled with a confident squad and returning players, as well as Ayr missing key defensive players, I definitely think we should be looking to take all 3 points and top the league for Christmas. It won't be easy though, and I'd be surprised if both teams didn't score.

54 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ayr have only lost the once at Somerset this season in the league (a bizarre battering by Queen of the South in the League Cup being the other loss there this season for them). Going by how well they play at home, a draw is more than acceptable.

I will say though that with our strong defensive streak of late coupled with a confident squad and returning players, as well as Ayr missing key defensive players, I definitely think we should be looking to take all 3 points and top the league for Christmas. It won't be easy though, and I'd be surprised if both teams didn't score.

I’d forgotten about the QOS game. What a bizarre one that is considering where the teams are now. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d forgotten about the QOS game. What a bizarre one that is considering where the teams are now. 

Aye and we had loads chances in that game to score and if i recall correctly, a certain Dipo missing a few sitters meanwhile Queens went up the park on the counter about 3 times and scored each time. Pretty sure Kirk made his debut that night too and he was a bombscare. 

Shows how not to jump to conclusions with players too quickly! We should maybe keep that in mind for Ecrepont too...